Felix Diaz what the??

DABearSoX

Well, I know a lot of us were probably not planning on getting the win against the scrubs today, let alone Felix Diaz getting the win. :headbang Maybe this is a sign of hope...with our rotation playin the way they are right now this could be a good thing. Maybe this game will give felix the confidence to get it goin. I think it was a huge for him that he was left in after the HR and retired 4 straight batters. We have a HUGE stretch of games until the all star break and if the ortiz deal goes through and diaz can step it up we should be alright....any thoughts?

Well, I know a lot of us were probably not planning on getting the win against the scrubs today, let alone Felix Diaz getting the win.  :headbang Maybe this is a sign of hope...with our rotation playin the way they are right now this could be a good thing. Maybe this game will give felix the confidence to get it goin. I think it was a huge for him that he was left in after the HR and retired 4 straight batters. We have a HUGE stretch of games until the all star break and if the ortiz deal goes through and diaz can step it up we should be alright....any thoughts?

Props to him for stepping up today but I need to see a lot more than one good game from him before I change my tune.

Props to him for stepping up today but I need to see a lot more than one good game from him before I change my tune.

Besides this year, today's game looks refreshing for next year as the possible 5th man. We need to see more, sure, but the guy isn't the best AAA pitcher at the ripe age of 23 for nothing. Under the pressure surrounding today's game, for several reasons, his performance gives reason for optimism. :headbang

I thought this was an automatic loss.

Thank goodness our guys stepped up to break

Zamby's streak.

Same with me. I knew this was going to be a White Sox lose but everything turned out to be for the better.

If Felix Diaz can get a W against a good offensive team, than he can go on to beat Minnesota and such other teams. What are you guys opinions? I’m just saying this because he wasn’t as good his very first two starts, but once he faced a former playoff team he was on fire.

I’m just saying this because he wasn’t as good his very first two starts, but once he faced a former playoff team he was on fire.

I said this before, his first major league start gets thrown out since it was nerves. His second start was on 3 days rest, so how can you judeg him on that? Let's not sign him up for cooperstown, but I'm not afraid of having him start.

I said this before, his first major league start gets thrown out since it was nerves. His second start was on 3 days rest, so how can you judeg him on that? Let's not sign him up for cooperstown, but I'm not afraid of having him start.

Who’s the girl in your signature? ;)

A nice outing by Diaz. Just as the Sox (good) luck in one-run games early in the season was due to even out, so was the Sox (bad) luck (and bad pitching) by minor leaguers/fifth starters bound to turn around. Its not like the Sox were calling up nobodies to pitch - they all had success in the minors. Not that minor league success automatically translates into major league success, but sooner or later one or two of these guys was going to pitch a good game.

Now if the Sox can trade for another starter (I've recently heard Ortiz and / or Moyer) and maybe use one of these guys (Diaz, Rauch) to firm up the pen, things will be looking up. I'm not nearly as pessimistic about this team's chances as some of my fellow fans on this board.

That's funny because everyone judges players on one bad start, but they refuse to judge them on one good start. :lol: :rolleyes: