ESPN 1000: Freddy Garcia traded to the White Sox

Flash Tizzle

First, I hate losing Reed, I valued him over Borchard.

Morse we will not miss, he will likely never be an every day player in bigs, especially at SS, and rumors of steroids causing suspension may have soured us on him.

Olivo we will miss in my opinion, tho our pitchers really did not like throwing to him. But Burke is a AAAA player, never caught fulltime in minors, anyone expecting him to contribute much is hallucinating. We have no one to shut down the run, unless Davis can.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking it all in now:

For years and years, we've had awesome lineups, and what have we done?  Jack squat.  Right now, for the first time in a long time, we have five pitchers who I have confidence in.  Garcia-Buerhle-Loaiza-Garland-Schoenewies.  We finally have our five pitchers.

Not to mention Diaz and Rauch, who could potentially help out in the bullpen.

Remember when we were asking a while ago, "If you had one pitcher to take the ball in games 1, 4, and 7 of the ALCS, who would it be?"  Well, I think we have our answer.

Welcome to Chicago, Freddy!  :headbang

i agree, miguel will be a great player, but we really needed a pitcher...i think burke will be a better catcher now, he will get more time to play and he will start to hit more consistently. Welcome Freddy!

Damn, on the way to the game I was thinking of who would be my favorite player if Willie was ever traded.  And it just happend to be Big MO.  This blows from the standpoint that we lose two f***ing studs, but life goes on.

Don't worry guys Davis is hitting .091 this year!

Look at the bright side, he's due

I will surely miss Miguel Olivo when he leaves the White Sox club. Every single player should come up to him with a big friendly hug and just wish him good luck.

Welcome to Chicago Freddy! :cheers

Good-Bye big Mo :crying :usa :notworthy

Everyone here was begging for pitching help, begging. Kenny goes and gets us the best starter available in Freddy Garcia, and you guys b****.

Look - he might have overpaid a bit, but pitching is what is going to win us this division. Kenny went out and just got us a top of the line pitcher. I know it hurts losing Olivo, but he was only catching two of our four pitchers.

We now have Garcia-Buerhle-Loaiza as our Big 3. I'm excited as hell about that...