Do you like rumored Braves trade???

SoxFan1

Yes or No, do you like the possible Maggs/Rauch for Jones/Ortiz trade?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No, do you like the possible Maggs/Rauch for Jones/Ortiz trade?

• Yes
    • No

Non issue IMO.

The Sox are going for it and why on earth would the Atlanta Braves of all teams want Maggs? They are trying to shed payroll, big time.

This trade, if it happens, will be Jones to the Sox for young, cheap roster players and/or prospects.

I say yes but I qualify my statement by saying that I like it only if they dont plan on keeping Magglio. If they aren't gonna sign him then they should do it right away so we can salvage something or losing Maggs but if they plan on keeping him then no way.

Non issue IMO.

The Sox are going for it and why on earth would the Atlanta Braves of all teams want Maggs?  They are trying to shed payroll, big time.

This trade, if it happens, will be Jones to the Sox for young, cheap roster players and/or prospects.

Well, it's a salary swap this year with ATL having Jones and Maggs off the books next year. One article stated that ATL planned on cutting that $20M over a couple of years, not necessarily immediately.

I could see ATL turning around and trading Maggs after they acquire him.

I clicked yes almost immediately. I liked the sound of it when I read it on espn.com. I really don't think that the Sox can re-sign Maggs. So, why not deal him and Jon "The Big Deserter" Rauch for Jones and Ortiz. Andruw Jones would be the center fielder the Sox have been looking for, and Russ Ortiz would solidify the rotation...making the rotation one of the best in baseball.

Hell no! I don't want a has been CFer with bad knees who has been in decline and a pitcher who walks 4-5 batters per 9 innings. I better get a hell of a lot more than that in return for Maggs. If not, then this trade is s*** and doesn't improve our team at all!

Magglio is basically dead to me at this point.

I've almost forgotten what it's like to have him in the line-up. Maybe his absence will soften the blow of a trade.

I'm happy if we get 2 of Ortiz, Estrada, and Andruw for Maggs. If we get Estrada and Andruw, how positively SICK is the line-up?

A. Jones

Uribe

Thomas

Lee

Konerko

Valentin

Rowand

Crede

Estrada

Jeez, that's just SICK

Magglio is basically dead to me at this point.

I've almost forgotten what it's like to have him in the line-up.  Maybe his absence will soften the blow of a trade.

I'm happy if we get 2 of Ortiz, Estrada, and Andruw for Maggs.  If we get Estrada and Andruw, how positively SICK is the line-up?

A. Jones

Uribe

Thomas

Lee

Konerko

Valentin

Rowand

Crede

Estrada

Jeez, that's just SICK

THere is no way that Jones is a leadoff hitter. 7 out of 9 are righties including the top 5. No thanks.

Why not go after Griffey Jr at this point. I like him better than Andruew Jones. Plus he is a lefty with power we can stick in the middle of the order to break up all of the right handed power. He plays a very good CF as well.

Why not Konerko + prospects = Andruw

I mean, Braves are dumping salary and have soured (not without reason) on Andruw, right?

Konerko is having a resurgent, All-Star season, and they save 4 Mill in 2004-2005 each, and 13 Mill in 2006 and 2007 each. Plus prospect talent of course.

Cuz I am not so sure JR is gonna pay Andruw's salary if the deal is for prospects straight up. 12 Mill is a LOT in anyone's world, let alone JR's

But who knows, really. Most deals/considerations are never made public, anyway.

Why not Konerko + prospects = Andruw

I mean, Braves are dumping salary and have soured (not without reason) on Andruw, right?   

Konerko is having a resurgent, All-Star season, and they save 4 Mill in 2004-2005 each, and 13 Mill in 2006 and 2007 each. Plus prospect talent of course.

Cuz I am not so sure JR is gonna pay Andruw's salary if the deal is for prospects straight up. 12 Mill is a LOT in anyone's world, let alone JR's

But who knows, really. Most deals/considerations are never made public, anyway.

i would be all for that depending on the prospects.

i would be all for that depending on the prospects.

Would Atlanta, though?

If we could pretend 2003 never existed, then they might.

But with Konerko, there is always that risk now.....

Who would they want from our system to sweeten the deal?

Would Atlanta, though?

If we could pretend 2003 never existed, then they might.

But with Konerko, there is always that risk now.....

Who would they want from our system to sweeten the deal?

Most likely Rowand. They are interested in him big time. He is cheap too. Maybe Rauch. Fergosi scouted him for the Braves recently so that must mean something. I think either of those 2 plus Konerko should get Jones here. Maybe even Rowand and Rauch for Jones. I know you are high on Rowand and like him a lot, but if that is what it took to get Jones would you do it?

Sox will not have to give up Konerko to get Andruw Jones, in my opinion. Nor would they want to trade any other key contributor.

Sox send prospects and a cheap roster guy ... Rowand is a good example. Atlanta pays for the rest of Jones 2004 $$. Sox assume the rest of the contract, knowing Ordonez is likely off the books. Deal.

I'll say it again. I'd rather have Moyer than Ortiz. The LH Moyer has a 2001 post season record of 3-0 w a 2.6 era. Much better than Ortiz 2003 era post season era of 5.06.

I don't know what it would cost to get Moyer from the white flagging M's but I'm not willing to give up Marte or Shingo. I think he should come cheaper than that as a rent a player. I look at a rotation of ..

Garcia

Buerhle

E-Lo

Moyer

Garland/Show

& say the division is ours with the only contending team with 2 strong LHers.

Then I look at the front 4 & say I'll go to war in the post season with them against

any body.

So I'd be looking at the M's right now so we can piss the Boss off again. He was so upset over losing Garcia he called a meeting late last night. Poor Cashman. What's he to say when the cubboard of young talent is growing oh so bare?