LA Times now Reporting

hi8is

This s*** is f***ing insane, trade rumors GALORE for the white sox... i guess that when KW said that he is talking to everyone he wasnt joking.... im guessin that KW said something to the Braves and the Angles and a lot of other teams....

and now the stuff they were talking about is getting leaked

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO trading Valentin now would be a bad move, he's been clutch since he's arrived on the scene and although everyone has ripped him for his glove, it's been solid last season and this season and he's going to hit 30 bombs this year if we keep him all season.

Don't trade Val for Ortiz.

If we trade Jose for Ramon(which was brought up like a month and a half ago and was shot down then), we are f***ing stupid beyond belief.

Jose has 15 homers...from the SS position...from the LH side of the plate.

f*** Ramon Ortiz quite frankly. Jose is #1(in this trade anyways).

IMO trading Valentin now would be a bad move, he's been clutch since he's arrived on the scene and although everyone has ripped him for his glove, it's been solid last season and this season and he's going to hit 30 bombs this year if we keep him all season.

Don't trade Val for Ortiz.

Agreed. I would seriously question KW's decision-making if a move like that were to be made.

This s*** is f***ing insane, trade rumors GALORE for the white sox... i guess that when KW said that he is talking to everyone he wasnt joking.... im guessin that KW said something to the Braves and the Angles and a lot of other teams....

and now the stuff they were talking about is getting leaked

Not gonna happen. If Kenny does that he needs to be shot

Remember folks, if Rowand keeps playing well, he has to play CF once Maggs comes back...which means Uribe has to play SS if Willie has to play 2B and Crede 3rd B, which leaves out Jose

To me, the most critical decision Kenny has to make between now and the trade deadline is does he have faith in Willie Harris to be >0.285 kind of guy (since he has slipped from his >0.300 status now) throughout the season, does he have faith that Rowand will be around 0.300 thorughout the season and does he have fait that Crede will rebound with a stellar second half like always?

If the answers to the above three questions are yes, then he has to trade Valentin since Uribe has to play.....or trade Rowand

Unless he feels Uribe wasa fluke and will never be the same as he has been in the first half

If the Sox made this move, it would lock up the AL cenrtal...for the Twins. Valentin has been great for the Sox this year, and is our only good bat from the left side. Ramon Ortiz is not very good, and pitching at the Cell would only add to the amount of homers that he allows. There's a reason that he wasnt in the rotation to start the year for the Angels. If KW makes this trade, I hope he is fired at the end of the year and never has a role in the Sox organization again. Also, for everyone saying that Harris could play 2b, and Uribe ss..I say what the hell are you thinking? Harris can't even hit the ball out of the infield anymore, and Uribe looks like he already peaked. The Sox need Valentin, and defnitely don't need a crappy, expensive pitcher like Ramon Ortiz.

Remember folks, if Rowand keeps playing well, he has to play CF once Maggs comes back...which means Uribe has to play SS if Willie has to play 2B and Crede 3rd B, which leaves out Jose

To me, the most critical decision Kenny has to make between now and the trade deadline is does he have faith in Willie Harris to be >0.285 kind of guy (since he has slipped from his >0.300 status now) throughout the season, does he have faith that Rowand will be around 0.300 thorughout the season and does he have fait that Crede will rebound with a stellar second half like always?

If the answers to the above three questions are yes, then he has to trade Valentin since Uribe has to play.....or trade Rowand

Unless he feels Uribe wasa fluke and will never be the same as he has been in the first half

Once Maggs is back, Jose is suddenly out of the lineup? What the f*** kind of messed up logic is that?

Uribe does not have to play everyday. Harris does not have to play everyday. Simple as that.

Let Uribe play quite a bit of 2B, a little more 3B, and SS against tough lefties(when Willie plays). Let Willie play CF a little more, let him play 2B some more, and give him a shot in LF now and then.

Jose is not OUT of the lineup once Maggs comes back. That's just completely stupid to say that.

I would say no, unless the Sox are about to acquire J.D. Drew as the left handed bat. Then the Sox can go with Willie and Juan up the middle and Crede at 3rd making Jose expendable.

I think this deal is pure speculation on the Angels part because I can't see the Sox making that move. However, lets not forget the Angels could potentially put Adam Kennedy (who is struggling) or Eckstein in the deal to make it interesting. Usually I'd like the idea of Kennedy (a lefty bat) but at this case in point it wouldn't make sense.

I'd say this deal is pretty unlikely at this point, although I'd like Ramon Ortiz on the southside.

I would say no, unless the Sox are about to acquire J.D. Drew as the left handed bat.  Then the Sox can go with Willie and Juan up the middle and Crede at 3rd making Jose expendable.

I think this deal is pure speculation on the Angels part because I can't see the Sox making that move.  However, lets not forget the Angels could potentially put Adam Kennedy (who is struggling) or Eckstein in the deal to make it interesting.  Usually I'd like the idea of Kennedy (a lefty bat) but at this case in point it wouldn't make sense.

I'd say this deal is pretty unlikely at this point, although I'd like Ramon Ortiz on the southside.

I would still say no. The Sox need an additional LH bat, not a replacement for Jose. I'm not talking an Adam Kennedy type bat, either.

Does anyone have a link of this report? Let's hope this is just bs speculation instead of any soon-to-be completed information. If this is true, it would go completely against the logic KW said on why he traded Olivo for Garcia. No one in their right mind could think tht Ramon Ortiz could lead the Sox farther than Valentin could. It's quite pathetic that we have to worry about KW being so stupid that he might make a move like this.

Does anyone have a link of this report?  Let's hope this is just bs speculation instead of any soon-to-be completed information.  If this is true, it would go completely against the logic KW said on why he traded Olivo for Garcia.  No one in their right mind could think tht Ramon Ortiz could lead the Sox farther than Valentin could.  It's quite pathetic that we have to worry about KW being so stupid that he might make a move like this.

He's not that stupid. Stop worrying.

I'd say most likely this is just an old rumor being rehashed by the times. Kenny wouldn't deal Jose unless he was getting another left handed bat in return, possibly even in a 3 team deal.

I also heard the Angels aren't likely to be active at the deadline.

I don't think there is anyway that KW would do this trade with just these two involved. Valentin is as important to the Sox as any other player on the team. I really hope that KW doesn't trade any of the core players on this team that have put the Sox in good position in the standings. The only person that I would consider dealing is Maggs, cause you just dont want to lose a superstar and not get anything back in return.

Ah Valentin, one of my least favorite topics..... ;)

I still do not like his approach against LHP -- WAY too greedy for someone who's just learning the art of lefty-on-lefty for the first time in 34 years. Where's the more line-drive-friendly approach that made him thrive against lefties in Spring Training? Better bring it back.

That being said.........15 HR and 43 RBI in just 53 starts? Excellent clutch indicators? Second best ZoneRating in the bigs - and that despite all the April errors? Still quality baserunning?

You could definately do worse.