BORCHARD

UrbanaSox83

Wow - the kid may force some decisions to be be made - has Rowand played at all yet?

Yep, Borchard's making a case for himself.

And yes, Rowand started today (at DH I think). He's going to be DH until March 14. I think I read that quote from JM a couple of days ago.

The kid is an animal! In the future, he will be one of those players in a video game like Michael Joran was in NBA Jam '95. In that particular video game, Jordan was so good in real life, that they decided it would be unfare to put him in the game. Instead, he was a secret character you got if you won the NBA Finals. Yeah, in 4 years, Borchard will be a hidden character in World Series Baseball 2K8, and you only get him if you beat the World Series (with the White Sox of course :headbang )!!

I dont think Borchard is gonna be on the opening day roster but I think we SOX fans are going to see him fairly quickly after spending just a couple of months on the AAA. He looks great hitting a homerun the other game, hitting doubles to drive in runs and now a grand slam. Can't hardly wait for him to arrived at the Cell and stay there.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Your other boy Olivo has struggled quite a bit.  I think he's getting the Sox pretty scared right now.  Of course its way too early to panick.

he'll be fine... im not worried..........

Your other boy Olivo has struggled quite a bit.  I think he's getting the Sox pretty scared right now.  Of course its way too early to panick.

The concerns that I'm hearing they are having with Olivo at this early stage is his handling of himself behind the plate, not necessarily his bat. I say, let's all just see how the month develops and see how well Alomar teaches and how well he begins to pick things up....

That said, the target I think would be 80-90 starts for Olivo with the balance going to a healthy (yikes) Alomar....then next year it Olivo's for himself....

Guest hotsoxchick1
HSC .... we expect an honest evaluation of Olivo in ST from you.  He's your boy, but if he is looking rough down there, we want to know about it.  Fair enough?  ;)

hey im always honest and fair about it... ask anyone...........ok well unless i get a serious grudge against ya then i can tend to not be as fair......but....olivo will be just fine... im not worried about him at all....my main concern is whats going on in the mid infield.....im thinking were a bit weak there......other than that i have no complaints yet......lol......

HSC .... we expect an honest evaluation of Olivo in ST from you.  He's your boy, but if he is looking rough down there, we want to know about it.  Fair enough?  ;)

hey im always honest and fair about it... ask anyone...........ok well unless i get a serious grudge against ya then i can tend to not be as fair......but....olivo will be just fine... im not worried about him at all....my main concern is whats going on in the mid infield.....im thinking were a bit weak there......other than that i have no complaints yet......lol......

Give it time, I'm sure you'll come up with something. :lol: