Shingo Takatsu's Scoreless Streak Ends..

SoxAce

Shingo Sucks! Cheap ass JR and KW buying a Japenese retread that can't throw hardenough to break glass.

Shingo's been awesome. No one expected him to be anything close to being this good. Time to start a new streak, Mr. Zero.

Damn it's too bad you can't really fool a rookie with a fastball esp. with his deceptive delivery. Shingo is still awesome to watch.. BTW, his era now is 1.19 so he must suck.. ;)

Wow, I forgot how much one run can increase a reliever's ERA. :ph34r:

Only if he would have started the year as the teams closer. Because as of now he does not have enough saves.

There has been a tendency to reward good set up men at All Star time. With a 1.19 ERA, I don't see any reason he shouldn't go.

There has been a tendency to reward good set up men at All Star time.  With a 1.19 ERA, I don't see any reason he shouldn't go.

M. Rivera, NYY

F. Cordero, Tex

J. Nathan, Min

K. Foulke, Bos

Will all make it before him so i think it's gonna be hard for him to get in but i wish him the best of luck.

There has been a tendency to reward good set up men at All Star time.  With a 1.19 ERA, I don't see any reason he shouldn't go.

I heard some ESPN guy, could've been Dave Campbell, speculate that Shingo might make the All Star team because of the pr value to MLB. So he may have that going for him. I don't think he has the gaudy numbers (except for those era and opposing batting average things. You know, those little things.) to get on the All Star team.

Is Koch going for the NL?

What do you think guys?  Does Shingo make the All-Star game?

I was waiting for the calls to trade him snce he gave up the homer. We seem to have people on the board that call for trading some of our best everytime they make a mistake such as Valentin and Konerko, et al. So let's trade the guy he must be on the downside of his career.

I am a little pissed Ozzie used him when he didn't need too.

Same with me. I can’t say I was pissed at Ozzie, but your closer is suppose to enter the game when it’s a close one. Shingo entered the game knowing that he had a 4 run lead. If you ask me, that’s no save situation. But once that HR left the field, Takatsu knew it was a save situation and didn’t fail.

Same with me. I can’t say I was pissed at Ozzie, but your closer is suppose to enter the game when it’s a close one. Shingo entered the game knowing that he had a 4 run lead. If you ask me, that’s no save situation. But once that HR left the field, Takatsu knew it was a save situation and didn’t fail.

maybe takatsu wanted the work???

i thought it would have been a good situation for adkins to finish..help build his confidence..then if he gave up a hit or two..takatsu could come in during a save situation...

or maybe ozzie didnt want to take a chance even with a 4 run lead..knowing the twins history of 9th inning comebacks in recent years..cant really fault ozzie as we got the W..

maybe takatsu wanted the work???

i thought it would have been a good situation for adkins to finish..help build his confidence..then if he gave up a hit or two..takatsu could come in during a save situation...

or maybe ozzie didnt want to take a chance even with a 4 run lead..knowing the twins history of 9th inning comebacks in recent years..cant really fault ozzie as we got the W..

See also Jose Pantiagua...

Joe "friggin stud" Mauer took him deep ending the streak.

This kid is going to be awesome. Last year in the minors he had 5 homers in 550 AB and he already has 6 in the majors with only 72 AB. Maybe the Cubs did get screwed when the Twins took Mauer before Prior?

Shingo was in there because winning last night guaranteed that we would leave Minnesota with no less than a tie for first place, and also a win for the series.

Under no circumstances was Ozzie going to let some one blow Garcia's first game with the Sox.

If it was against another team, it may have been a waste, but when you are facing your rival, you have to make sure when you knock them down you dont let them up.

SB

If you enter in the ninth with a four run lead and nobody on-base you cannot get a save. You cannot allow runs to get yourself into a save opportunity...