Not liking Schoeny's attitude

FlaSoxxJim

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GET RID OF HIM ; IF DIAZ PITCHES GOOD ON SATURDAY THEN f*** SCHOENY. WERE PROBABLY BETTER OFF WITHOUT HIM WALKIN EVERY OTHER BATTER

I dunno, I don't trust the rookie yet.

Also, I think this whole thing is blown out of proportion. Sounds like the whole Owens isn't getting enough balls in practice crap.

The guys human.  Ok?  Cut him some slack!  Sheesh. 

I think it's important to have 2 LHers in your 5 man rotation.

The only way he goes to the bullpen is if the SOX acquire another starter.

If that happened Schow is simply giving Kenny the option of using him in that trade

if it means he can start.

I don't fault guys that are so passionate about starting.  He's proven to be a warrior

on the mound.

I don't fault him for feeling the way he feels, only for putting it out in the papers where at can't do anything but rock the boat. Why not say something like, 'We'll I can't say I'm thrilled about the prospect of going to relief and I think I've done well enough to keep my spot in the rotation so I'll have to discuss it with Ozzie and Coop.' Same sentiment and gets the same point across without having to say publicly 'I'd rather be traded than put in the 'pen.'

I just don't think we need another Rick White telling the manager and coaches how to use their pitchers right now.

I remember reading about his in Anaheim too.  This doesn't surprise me at all.  But he does have one way to get out of this.  Start pitching like he did in April and May and there will be no reason to move him to the pen, or aquire another starter.

exactly he did this alot when he was in ana, he b**** so much that it was a distraction.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NAS...s_cws&fext=.jsp

Guillen's reaction, definitely stern to say the least.

That's a dead link, mmmmmmmm...

Here's the deal - if you don't suck, you'll stay in the rotation. If you suck, you'll go to the bullpen. I don't see what's wrong in that, but if Schoeney does, I think Montreal is in need of another starter.

Whether Schoeneweis stays in the starting rotation is up to him, according to Guillen.

Sounds like a none issue. Schoe has to be ok if he loses his job on merit, not injury. It's going to be ok. I think.

Yeah, I think he's a better starter option than Garland, if Shoe is healthy.  He might not have the same stuff or talent, but I think he's got a better head on his shoulders and more heart.

What does Garland have to do with this. Buehrle, Garcia, Loaiza, Garland, Shoe as has been mentioned before. I'm confused as to how Garland comes into the picture in the bullpen. Diaz and Rauch are both below Shoe. I don't see either being consistent enough to beat him out. Shoe probably needed the rest from not usually being a starter. He may not have been physically capable to go a full year as a starter. I think he will be better once he comes back.

What does Garland have to do with this. Buehrle, Garcia, Loaiza, Garland, Shoe as has been mentioned before. I'm confused as to how Garland comes into the picture in the bullpen. Diaz and Rauch are both below Shoe. I don't see either being consistent enough to beat him out. Shoe probably needed the rest from not usually being a starter. He may not have been physically capable to go a full year as a starter. I think he will be better once he comes back.

I was simply stating that I'd rather put Schoe out on the mound than Garland. In some way, maybe my opinion justifies Schoe's?

I can't blame him for being mad.  He earned a spot as a starter and I think he should hold onto the fifth spot over Garland.

Just quoting you in response to your last post. Shoe would have the 4th spot, not the 5th if you think he is ahead of Garland.

Schoeneweis deserves to be in the starting rotation. I believe everything went downhill because it had to do something with his arm. Hopefully when he comes back, he starts getting some wins. Now I understand he rarely has any run support, but he’s not going to get it if he gives up 4 runs in the first two innings. Why give him run support if he’s going to give it back?

Ozzie, Cooper, & KW know that whether he gives up 3 or 4 runs a game as long as he pitches 6+ in he's getting the job done. Having him in the 4th spot forces opposing teams to juggle their lineups & it does make a difference.

Ideally if we could have a rotation of

Garcia, Buehrle, Loaiza, Garland, & Schow that would be the best case scenario.

There isn't a single series where a team won't face at least 1 LH & therefore have to juggle the lineup.

The cub game right now is a big game going into round 2 of the chi-town series.

A loss probably makes it easier on Diaz then a win.

How in the hell did Barrett make that play?

I don't fault him for feeling the way he feels, only for putting it out in the papers where at can't do anything but rock the boat.  Why not say something like, 'We'll I can't say I'm thrilled about the prospect of going to relief and I think I've done well enough to keep my spot in the rotation so I'll have to discuss it with Ozzie and Coop.'  Same sentiment and gets the same point across without having to say publicly 'I'd rather be traded than put in the 'pen.'

I just don't think we need another Rick White telling the manager and coaches how to use their pitchers right now.

jim...that would have been a much better way to answer that question..but remember..you had a little time to come up with it...i got a feeling shoe got blindsided with that question and is probably regretting his answer now...the press has a way of timing their questions to get those kinds of responses...just think back to all of the set ups of thomas...this looks like that to me...maybe shoe is has trouble with the press like thomas does..

we will see if anything else comes out about this in a few days

I understand he would look at it as a demotion, and also that it's just one of many possible scenarios when he gets back.  But instead of saying he's going to do what is best for the team, he's in the paper saying he'd want out if asked to move to the bullpen.

Has he forgotten about his lack of success the last 6 starts?

I wonder how much his injury affected his last couple of starts. If it did, which is probable, losing the spot because he got hurt and tried to pitch when the Sox needed him, he's got reason to speak up.

My guess is the writer asked him "what if" [worst case scenario] and he responded accordingly

"That scenario would (anger) me quite highly," Schoeneweis said. "If that's the scenario then I will be looking to pitch elsewhere."

I'm like Baggs. At least he was honest when approached

right after it happened.

He'll settle down and accept his role, I'd bet.

If not, we'll have to dump him.

But I like the fact he's a competitor, too.