I'm sensing a trend

mmmmmbeeer

This team, like most AL teams, is not built for NL parks. With Maggs out due to injury and being forced to sit one of our 2 remaining best hitters (hurt and paulie), we have a truly weak lineup. It's tough to win with Gload, Perez, Burke, and Loaiza taking up four spots in the batting order. Granted Gload, Perez, and Burke have all made some big contributions to this team, but overall, against a tough pitcher, that is a weak lineup. We saw this weakness revealed during our horrid weak in FLA and MON too. I'm not trying to sound like a doom and gloom guy, I think we'll be fine after interleague play is over, but I don't like our prospects of winning this series.

Just another reason why interleague is a horrible idea and should be eliminated. It's obvious that the NL gains a huge advantage when playing home games.

I agree with your post, but I'm also sensing another trend....

Sox lost the first game the last time they played the Cubs....I don't think I need to remind any of you what happened the next two... :headbang

CWSOX45

The Sox really get killed by interleague play. Most teams in the AL don't have such a tough decision, their DH/1B doesn't create as much of a dilema. All the more reason to forget the Maggs trade talk, they're going to need him to strengthen their lineup in NL parks.

Don't we have to sit the DH in the worls series too in the NL park?

Correct. Thats one of the reasons I lke interleague play. If we do make the World Series at least we have a few games in teh regular season where we had to sit on of our best hitters and it gives us a guage on what to do.

Correct.  Thats one of the reasons I lke interleague play.  If we do make the World Series at least we have a few games in teh regular season where we had to sit on of our best hitters and it gives us a guage on what to do.

Unless those interleague games cost you a playoff spot.