Garciaparra on Trading Block

DBAHO

From the Newark Stark Ledger,

"Convinced they cannot re-sign him after the season --and so repulsed by his behavior Thursday night in the Bronx they no longer want to -- Red Sox officials are seriously considering trading Nomar Garciaparra before the July 31 non-waivers deadline... Players mentioned as possible return for the Red Sox include Chicago's Magglio Ordonez, the Dodgers' Adrian Beltre, Seattle's Bret Boone, Toronto's Carlos Delgado and Anaheim's Adam Kennedy and Ramon Ortiz."

Nomar showed a bad 'tude against the Yankees.

He made three errors in that series.

He's got chronic problems with his wrist.

He's not hitting the way he used to.

He's probably interested in going to the West Coast next year.

Other than that, it would be a great pickup.

Just say NO to NO-mar.

Just say NO to NO-mar.

Agreed on all counts.

If we are going to trade Ordonez, get Andruw Jones and Russell Ortiz.

Agreed on all counts.

If we are going to trade Ordonez, get Andruw Jones and Russell Ortiz.

Any trade you make should be judged on whether it can help the team improve.

There is nothing in the Nomar and Maggs trade talk to impress me with an improvement for the Sox. Jose is the most potent SS bat out there right now and all we would be doing in setting ourselves up for losing another free agent at the end of the year. I don't want to see Maggs traded, but it might happen and pitching is our need not an attitude problem. who most likely yearns for the West coast.

The White Sox don't need him.. Peter Gammons just came on WEEI over here and said that he's going to be kept unless it's a deal with Anaheim where they are willing to give up Kotchman, Figgins, and more young players.

As a Red Sox fan, Kotchman is the freakin man. I love this kid defensively, and I see him as a .350+ hitter just like Nomar was/can be.

As a White Sox fan, Im just happy that the entire farm system won't be torn apart by acquiring a guy who won't resign with the White Sox.

On ESPN's Sports Reporters this morning, Michael What'shisname took a shot at Nomar.  They showed a camera shot of all of his teammates standing on the edge of the dugout cheering for their team with Nomar sitting on the bench with an attitude.

It wasn't an attitude, he wanted to play. Nomar's a great kid.

Right now its his turn to take the media's "driving you out of Boston" tour and also the fact that he wasn't medically cleared to play probably pissed him off also.

The past two nights the guy has ripped the ball in every at bat going 6 for 8.. watch out guys, we got an angry Nomar on our hands, and this thing we call slump could be over in a matter of games.

Just say NO to NO-mar.

couldn't have said it better myself. It comes down to the fact that Nomar is not an upgrade, which should be the result of any trades we make this season.

It wasn't an attitude, he wanted to play.  Nomar's a great kid. 

Right now its his turn to take the media's "driving you out of Boston" tour and also the fact that he wasn't medically cleared to play probably pissed him off also.

The past two nights the guy has ripped the ball in every at bat going 6 for 8..  watch out guys, we got an angry Nomar on our hands, and this thing we call slump could be over in a matter of games.

He still can't move side to side.

The White Sox don't need him..  Peter Gammons just came on WEEI over here and said that he's going to be kept unless it's a deal with Anaheim where they are willing to give up Kotchman, Figgins, and more young players.

As a Red Sox fan, Kotchman is the freakin man.  I love this kid defensively, and I see him as a .350+ hitter just like Nomar was/can be.

As a White Sox fan, Im just happy that the entire farm system won't be torn apart by acquiring a guy who won't resign with the White Sox.

Thats the thing, our farm system has gone sour. All of those guys who never made it are gone...too many shoulder problems on prized prospects.

Just say NO to NO-mar.

Agreed. Mags has better offensive numbers that Normar anyway.

I still think Henrey is going to make a big splash and Nomar is going to go to the Cubs. Just a hunch.

They can have him. If the redsox want maggs, what are they going to do with trot? If the bosox want maggs I'd want the sox to go after, nixon, lowe, williamson.

As a Red Sox fan, Kotchman is the freakin man.  I love this kid defensively, and I see him as a .350+ hitter just like Nomar was/can be.

:lol:

.350+ hitter?

We ain't talking about Rod Carew here.

Now, a .310+ hitter? That's much better baseball talk, right there. Sounds a hell of a lot more intelligent to me.

The one thing I find interesting is that Jose is always been labeled as a "bad fielding shortstop". Yet, when you look at Nomar, he has averaged 21 errors in the last 6 full seasons he has played. Overall, he has a .968 fielder. As for Jose, he has averaged 23 errors in the infield (this includes time at 3B) over the last 6 full seasons. Overall, he is a .957 fielder. Not a big upgrade defensivly. Although, they way they speak of Nomar, you would think he is the second coming. I wanna see some Jose love!

The one thing I find interesting is that Jose is always been labeled as a "bad fielding shortstop". Yet, when you look at Nomar, he has averaged 21 errors in the last 6 full seasons he has played. Overall, he has a .968 fielder. As for Jose, he has averaged 23 errors in the infield (this includes time at 3B) over the last 6 full seasons. Overall, he is a .957 fielder.  Not a big upgrade defensivly. Although, they way they speak of Nomar, you would think he is the second coming. I wanna see some Jose love!

It's not an upgrade at all defensively. Jose is a better defender then nomar no doubt in my mind. Jose is a very underrated defender by most people, he's a very solid short stop with a very good left handed bat.

Cubs need him more than we do. But what do they give up? I bet they wuold give up one of those promising pitching prospects.

And speaking of defensive shortstops, Jose is having his best year, IMO. He made a bad play against Minny the other night, but that was the first blunder of consequence by Jose in a long time.