NCAA Football 2005

aboz56

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will join a league if you start one...

NCAA is my life... and when I get 2005, I am going to be glued to my TV 24-7

when I am at work, I am going to do nothing but dream about the game, and the second I can get home and turn it on and hear those ever so sweet words

"EA SPORTS..... ITS IN THE GAME"

I cant wait, today is the 9th, the game should be in my grasp in a matter of days!

Soxnbears, how about we all agree on one league to play in, like Big 10, Big 12, Pac 10.

BTW - don't count out the Top 25 Teams.  I don't care if someone is a better team than me, my Northwestern Wildcizzzats will take down anybody.  Can't stop the multiple options in Randy Walker's playbook.  :snr  :headbang

that's an awesome idea, we should definitely do that.

Big 10 has a major favoring here though :headbang

In this league, I call Iowa! I want to play as Iowa, if the SoxTalk NCAA Football League! First, I have to buy a regular controller because my other ones SUCK ASS! Iowa will kick all your asses!

ground rule:

no one reserves teams. There will be a thread put up when the league starts.

You could probably do a draft or something like that to determine who gets what teams. But, then again, it'd be pretty easy for the person who sets it up to rig it so they can one of the first picks and get a good team. I feel bad for whoever gets Indiana, and as much as I hate to say this, Illinois.

My God, the Iowa Hawkeyes are composed of rapists, drug addicts and the son of the highest paid employee in the state who still gets subsidized housing. The Hawks and their fans make me f***ing sick. They are as bad as Cubs fans.

I want to buy this game, but I just droped 100 bucks at grandstand this weekend and dont really want to spend another 50..... Hmmm.. mabye Ill just rent it.

I'm goin to prob trade in 2 of my old PS2 games and get it for half price down here, I hardly every play Metal Gear Solid 2 (great game) and Tony Hawk 3 anymores. :lol:

:crying (I know this topic is about NCAA 2005 but for one last time, I wanted to talk about Madden 2004)

I feel like I just got kicked in the balls. I'm in this Madden league (www.maddenleague.com), and I made it to the NFC Championship game (BTW - the winner of the league is rewarded 250 bucks) and got absolutely dominated, 59-23. I was down by 9 at halftime, and from there, I threw about four or five second half INTs, and got my ass kicked.

Never have I been beaten so badly.

But it posed the problems with Madden.

He ran one play on defense, a punt return defense, and it was able to stop my offense. I know that seems wierd, but just by moving a couple of guys around, he was able to absolutely shut me down.

Second - just by motioning his WRs, he was able to beat my bump-and-run coverage. The CBs in Madden are way too slow and way too sucky. I mean, all he had to do was throw passes up to Ron f***ing Dixon and he would beat the crappy Saint defense.

And with this, I will sell both games tomorrow towards the purchase of NCAA 2005, and then I will come home and not leave the PS2 for at least seven hours. Here's to another successful year of Madden and NCAA Football. :cheers

:crying (I know this topic is about NCAA 2005 but for one last time, I wanted to talk about Madden 2004)

I feel like I just got kicked in the balls.  I'm in this Madden league (www.maddenleague.com), and I made it to the NFC Championship game (BTW - the winner of the league is rewarded 250 bucks) and got absolutely dominated, 59-23.  I was down by 9 at halftime, and from there, I threw about four or five second half INTs, and got my ass kicked. 

Never have I been beaten so badly. 

But it posed the problems with Madden.

He ran one play on defense, a punt return defense, and it was able to stop my offense.  I know that seems wierd, but just by moving a couple of guys around, he was able to absolutely shut me down.

Second - just by motioning his WRs, he was able to beat my bump-and-run coverage.  The CBs in Madden are way too slow and way too sucky.  I mean, all he had to do was throw passes up to Ron f***ing Dixon and he would beat the crappy Saint defense.

And with this, I will sell both games tomorrow towards the purchase of NCAA 2005, and then I will come home and not leave the PS2 for at least seven hours.  Here's to another successful year of Madden and NCAA Football.  :cheers

That's the major problem with madden, I can stop the run but I can't ever stop the pass. I've tried everything, the best thing on defense that I have done is bump in run coverage but it still doesn't work very well. The thing that pisses me off so much about that to is I'm always miami and their secondary is so damn good and rated great in the game and I still can't stop anyone.

That's the major problem with madden, I can stop the run but I can't ever stop the pass.  I've tried everything, the best thing on defense that I have done is bump in run coverage but it still doesn't work very well.  The thing that pisses me off so much about that to is I'm always miami and their secondary is so damn good and rated great in the game and I still can't stop anyone.

Yeah same here. Stopping the run, very easy, IMO. But the pass - it's not even the user's problem, it's just that the AI is so f***ing dumb. The corners play absolutely no defense. In the EA Producer Interview, he said that Shut-Down corners (Champ Bailey, Chris McAllister, Ty Law) will actually be effective. I'm really hoping that holds true.