NCAA Football 2005

aboz56

Wow, I thought I'd be the only one playing as the Hoosiers on this game.  What made you decide to be Indiana?  Aren't you a Hawkeye fan?

They were the worse team that I could find in a major conference. I'd of went with the Hawks, but I wanted a challenge :)

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just lost an absolute heartbreaker to #4 michigan, 17-14 @ champaign. They scored on a long drive w/ :30 secs left to go ahead. I made a few long passes to get to their 35 w/ 10 secs left. Couldn't get any farther and Illinois' FG kicker is downright awful. I'm now 6-1, ugh.

I have a question. If I have a PS2 and want to play online, will I have to buy a router on top of the online connection? If so, where can you buy a router? I'd assume places like Staples and Office Max have them.

Those places will have them. You'll need a router if you want to access the internet (from your computer) and be on the ps2 at the same time.

I have a question. If I have a PS2 and want to play online, will I have to buy a router on top of the online connection? If so, where can you buy a router? I'd assume places like Staples and Office Max have them.

you don't NEED to buy a router. What i do is take the ethernet cable out from my PC and put it into my ps2.....this only works if your ps2 is very close to your PC, like mine.

you don't NEED to buy a router.  What i do is take the ethernet cable out from my PC and put it into my ps2.....this only works if your ps2 is very close to your PC, like mine.

Hmm. The PS2 is in my room and the tv in my room doesn't have cable. I guess I'll just move my Playstation into the family room when I want to play online. So does the router just make it possible to play online in rooms where there isn't a cable modem?

Oh, okay. I guess I'll invest the money on a router then. Thanks for the help.

If your ps2 and computer are in different rooms, also invest in a long ethernet cable. You would plug this into the router (Which you would put by the computer) and run it all the way to the ps2, wherever it is. It would look ugly, but just unplug it when your not using the online mode.

I don't know if ps2 offers a wireless option (maybe one is coming out though????), but I know its an option for Xbox. If they do offer the wireless option, I'd go that way (if your ps2 and computer are far apart) and then just buy a wireless router and you'll be all set. You won't have to worry about anything. You could set up your ps2 anywhere in your house.

I'm with everyone else.  Passing is ridiculously hard this year.  I usually average like 200 rushing yards, 100 passing yards.  And defense is almost TOO easy, i think opponents have scored 40 points in 6 games on all-american.

You are having trouble with passing?.. I havent run into this problem yet.. I am Kansas State right now, and so far I havent found anything to say I think is questionable..

Right now I am doing my Dynasty on All American level at 7 minute quarters..

My first 4 games were non conference and K State always goes easy.. so naturally I blew through them... Here was the schedule...

Vs. Western Kentucky (W 57 - 0)

Vs. Fresno State (W 35 - 14)

Vs. Nevada (W 44 - 10)

Vs. Louisianna Laffeyette (W 48 - 7)

Thats all expected so I didnt think it was too unrealistic.. I have the # 2 overall Rushing Attack in the nation at 297.7 yards per game and I have the # 99 passing attack at just about 150.5 per game (I dont pass too much but I have had a few 200+ games, I usually only attempt like 15 passes a game.)

Then things got interesting... Big 12 play started

AT Texas A&M (W 33 - 30 in OT)

This was an interesting game, I lost Darren Sproles (HB# 43, 1st team All American, leading rusher in the Nation) on the first play of the game, luckily for me Courtney Lewis (HB #25) Jackson Appel (FS #19) and Johnny Jolly (DT #97) were all out for Texas A&M so I caught them at a perfect time..

Well I went into the second half with a 27 - 10 lead and it was easy to tell that I was crushing their HFA, but then they started coming back and tied the damn game 27 - 27 with 1:27 seconds left... I drove down field, but had no timeouts and failed to get a snap off as time expired and we went into OT...

I held them on their first possesion to a FG, then I got the ball and scored the game winning TD.. It was the #1 greatest game, and deserved to be..

The next week I crushed Kansas in our rival game 55 - 21..

So it was EASY to tell that when I played a quality team things got a little difficult, especially at THEIR stadium (Kyle Field) which is ranked #7 as hardest places to play..

Im ranked #3 in the nation and NOW about to play Oklahoma (#11 in the Nation) so when I finish the game I will get back to you on my update..

I just got schooled in the baggy dome by minnesota, 20-0....my recievers decided they didn't want to catch all day, my O-line decided not to block either....was ugly. I even got the 'overrated' chant at the end....6-2 now :(

here's another set of sliders i got from operationsports.com.....which usually have some of the best. I didn't try these out yet though....

Level: VARSITY

Time: 9 min qtrs.

(Human listed first, all tweaks made from extreme left or '0'. Max would be 20)

Human/CPU

Offense

Accuracy 18/20

Pass Blk 14/10

Catch 19/20

RB Abl 6/13

Run Blk 4/15

Defense

Awareness 0/10

Knockdown 0/5

Int 0/5

Break Blk 10/3

Tackle 10/13

S. Teams

FG Length 9/8

FG ACC 8/7

P Length 8/10

Punt Acc 10/9

KO Length 10/10

If your ps2 and computer are in different rooms, also invest in a long ethernet cable.  You would plug this into the router (Which you would put by the computer) and run it all the way to the ps2, wherever it is.  It would look ugly, but just unplug it when your not using the online mode. 

I don't know if ps2 offers a wireless option (maybe one is coming out though????), but I know its an option for Xbox.  If they do offer the wireless option, I'd go that way (if your ps2 and computer are far apart) and then just buy a wireless router and you'll be all set.  You won't have to worry about anything.  You could set up your ps2 anywhere in your house.

I hope the PS2 has a wireless option because I've got a router downstairs in the study, and my PS2 is up here in my room with my Computer. I'll still need to get a Network Adaptor though.

For those of you who said like you have suspened guys for arguing with the Cordinators, where did you find that? Is it just like a message that comes up? Or in a certain menu.

And 2nd, ok, I know this a huge part of the game, but when you call the option, how do you lob it to the back? I always just get sacked when im the QB.

You get a popup right before your current game starts.

For XBOX I know the pitch button is white, not sure about PS2.

For those of you who said like you have suspened guys for arguing with the Cordinators, where did you find that? Is it just like a message that comes up? Or in a certain menu.

And 2nd, ok, I know this a huge part of the game, but when you call the option, how do you lob it to the back? I always just get sacked when im the QB.

r2

well, yeah, have you seen madden's screenshots? they look amazing.

I don't know why the graphics for both games can't be the same though, probably because they've had more time to make Madden I guess.

I dont know, kinda glad I rented it. Not sure if I would have been happy if I bought it. Its a sweet game, but like alot of complaints, passing is just so hard, and after a while, they just shut my run down because thats like all I can do. Still going to give it some time though...

try the sliders i posted above, i've tried them for a few games....make the game alot better.