The Sky Isn't Falling Yet - Thread.

CWSGuy406

I know it hurts to be swept by the Cubs, but we're still in first. We're about to add two .300+ hitters to our lineup, plus, in about two weeks, our schedule gets a lot easier while the Twinkie schedule gets harder.

Let them have their fun now, but last year, the Cub fans were probably saying the same things we are now (Obviously they weren't swept, but they still lost four out of six). Big picture here. We're tied for first, playing pretty crummy baseball, without TWO of our bigger hitters in the lineup, playing through, hands-down the TOUGHEST part of our schedule. Hopefully our players can put this behind them.

Sorry if I am sounding like a homer here, but I for one am glad we are out of the NL parks, done. Well, hopefully we'll still have a couple games in NL ballparks left ;) , so you know what I mean.

I know it hurts to be swept by the Cubs, but we're still in first.  We're about to add two .300+ hitters to our lineup, plus, in about two weeks, our schedule gets a lot easier while the Twinkie schedule gets harder.

Let them have their fun now, but last year, the Cub fans were probably saying the same things we are now (Obviously they weren't swept, but they still lost four out of six).  Big picture here.  We're tied for first, playing pretty crummy baseball, without TWO of our bigger hitters in the lineup, playing through, hands-down the TOUGHEST part of our schedule.  Hopefully our players can put this behind them.

Sorry if I am sounding like a homer here, but I for one am glad we are out of the NL parks, done.  Well, hopefully we'll still have a couple games in NL ballparks left  ;) , so you know what I mean.

I agree. It's not even close to panic time. We've got a good team. We just didn't have it this series. I still think will be fine big picture wise. But damn. Getting swept by the Slubs f***in stings. Now I gotta hear it from all my boys who are Slub fans.

Damn skippy...And the next game we have is against Lackey on whom we've teed off this year. We get Magglio and Thomas back in the lineup...our pitching is damn strong...

The Cubs, f*** 'em. They're still chasing the Cards and will be lucky to make the Wild Card with all the competition that is going on there. We've got Garcia on the bump against Lackey for the next game. It's time for celebration. We're in 1st. How many people thought that was possible after we lost Magglio? Half of the season left...and plenty of time for us to build a lead in the AL Central and same for the Cards in the NL Central.

f*** the Cubs. We're here. We're in 1st and we're gonna kick some ass and take some names. Long live the DH!

Still, taking at least one out of this series would have been nice. Instead we get swept. Tomorrow will be a long day (unless the Cubs finally lose tomorrow) and the Twins need to extend they’re losing streak.

two .300 hitters soon...

who are they?

Maggs and Frank (Frank/Konerko being added via adding the DH to all AL play the rest of the year, sans the August 30th game vs. Phills). Frank isn't a .300 hitter, but he's very good at the plate, thus the high OBP.

no no no, not jerkish at all...see, all i had was espn news..and slight condontations of trade rumors with sox...(gammons says smoltz on radar, somebody said dont trade maggs to braves) i thought getting 2 .300 hitters was reference to serious trade talks...i was just hoping to catch up on gossip.