Loaiza

BrandoFan

Ok, he tanked against the Cubs last year, got beat by O'Leary and Karros, I said it could happen to anybody, whatever.

Does he redeem himself in 2004 by shutting the Cubs down twice? No he does everything in his power to lose BOTH games.. Last week, he got lucky that Cubs just missed a couple of HR and offense T-d off on Maddux. This weekend, he wasn't as lucky - Sox offense totally choked (again) in front of the national audience, and E-Lo got a loss he so richly deserved handed to him.

His armspeed from 2003 is all but a memory. He doesn't have the velocity or the extra movement on his cutter. He is just chillin' out there on the mound, no intensity. This is E-Lo from pre-2003 days.

Adios and take Garland with you.

. You are the resident pessimist,

No, I think people who consider me a pessimist are mindless homers who deserve to have their retinas eaten out with a rusty spoon, eggs benedict style.

I came within a fluke start by Diaz (last Saturday) of making good on the "Sox lose 5 of 6" prediction.

I knew these pull-happy bastards would choke on the national TV. They didn't disappoint.

I don’t want to bring back any bad memories, but last year was our year! Loaiza and Colon would have been incredible in the playoffs. That 2.90 ERA of Loaiza and Colon’s 3.87 ERA were positives in our pitching staff. Now all we have are pitchers with an earned run average above 4 (except Freddy).

Adios and take Garland with you.

I with you on that one. Garland is "inconsistency" personified. If he can pitch like he did on Thursday he'd be one of the premier pitchers in the game. You know he can..... he's done it before AND he's done it against better teams. Yeah he's young, but he's had plenty of time to adjust at this point and he hasn't. One start he's Cy Young, the next he's Judy Garland. And he still has a problem pitching over mistakes made in the field..... the true mark of a dominating SP is not letting the mistakes get to you and containing the run's scored (if any at all).

Garland and Crede can both take a hike.

I came within a fluke start by Diaz last Saturday of making good on

the "Sox lose 5 of 6" prediction. I knew these pull-happy bastards would choke. They didn't disappoint.

--Brando just when I thought you weren't like that Cleveland Indians fan in "Major

League" you come up with that sentence.

You think choking is what happened to us in Game Two? That game was a f***ing

joke with the weather.

Game one we got shut down.

Game Three coulda gone either way and we didn't have Frank and Maggs.

C'mon Brando, you can do better than this.

These pull happy bastards got swept because it's baseball and s*** happens.

They didn't choke.

It's f***ing obvious you aren't gonna beat the Cubs tonight with Frank and Maggs out and

Jose V not playing.

Harris and Uribe are sucking but they are not choking. Maybe those 2 are no better

than this!

C'mon Brando, you can do better than this.

I almost did. I had Sox losing 5 out of 6.

Diaz pitched a game of his life, so they only lost 4.

Cubs were a superior team in 2003, but we didn't face Lofton, Ramirez, Prior and only saw Wood once, so somehow we stole the series - I still don't know how Sox won the Danny Wright start at USCF - Cubs had bases loaded every other inning and were hitting line-outs and warning track drives all game long.......

Now Sox should get Randy Johnson if they're serous about winning. You just can't count on Loaiza anymore - and the way our offense is regularly choking against good pitching and/or on nationally-televised games........Unless Unit, Garcia, Buerhle shut people down in the playoffs, we might have a HUGE problem.

Just wondering why you think RJ would come to the Sox? From what I heard, he really doesnt want to leave Arizona, and the only other place he would play is somewhere in Cali cause he has a house there.

I don't know whether he will come or not.

That's not the point.

What is the point, however, is that EVERY f***ING POSSIBLE measure must be taken to get him. If there's ever a time to give good prospects, this is it.

Sox should not delude themselves into thinking they are bonafied WS contenders - not with the way the offense is performing against quality pitching, on the road, in the nationally broadcasted games especially.

I mean.......We're going for it, are we not? :huh

Brando, I don't think RJ will come here.

Yes we are going for it, but I'm telling you, we can't

mortgage the future of having a moderately competitive team

and give away all our prospects.

Why?

Because no matter what we do, we're still not going to

beat out the Yanks.

Look what happened to Minn. last year. If we win the division,

in all likelihood, we're gonna have as quick an exit.

I'm not saying for sure ... if our sticks got hot we'd have

a chance to win a series maybe but the odds are we are not

gonna beat the Yanks no matter how many moves we make.

I don't want to become the O's do you?

I almost did.    I had Sox losing 5 out of 6.

Cubs were a superior team in 2003, but we didn't face Lofton, Ramirez, Prior and only saw Wood once, so somehow we stole the series - I still don't know how Sox won the Danny Wright start at USCF - Cubs had bases loaded every other inning and were hitting line-outs and warning track drives all game long.......

Now Sox should get Randy Johnson if they're serous about winning. You just can't count on Loaiza anymore - and the way our offense is regularly choking against good pitching and/or on nationally-televised games........Unless Unit, Garcia, Buerhle shut people down in the playoffs, we might have a HUGE problem.

Well the flubs didn't see garcia, maggs, only saw frank for one series and only saw buehrle once. Talent wise the sox were the better team last year but they never put it all together for the stretch run. This year I really like this team once magglio come back and when frank is in the lineup every day. Loaiza will get things straightened, he's not going to pitch like last year but he'll be very solid down the stretch.

Why?

Because no matter what we do, we're still not going to

beat out the Yanks.

Look what happened to Minn. last year. If we win the division,

in all likelihood, we're gonna have as quick an exit.

I'm not saying for sure ... if our sticks got hot we'd have

a chance to win a series maybe but the odds are we are not

gonna beat the Yanks no matter how many moves we make.

I don't want to become the O's do you?

Well I disagree with that also. I don't think we have any shot at rj but would love to get him. The best team in baseball doesn't always win the world series a lot of time it's the hottest team in the league. Lets say we get a hot pitcher like beckett was in last years playoffs, with a healthy magglio there is a good chance to do some things.

Do you realize that with Cubs winning the World Series (and once Hendry gets bullpen help and Wood comes back, they'll be hard to stop) Sox are DEAD?

Magglio might be gone and how many years does Frank have left?

Yankees would be tough to beat, but it's doable - Josh Beckett and Carl Pavano showed how it's done. A-Rod and Sheffield aren't nearly as good against quality pitching and might not respond well to the pressure of great expectations put on their 200-Mill ballclub.........They'll be more vulnerable than ever to the quick 1-2-3-4 in ALDS courtesy of Unit-Garcia-Buehrle-Unit.

Does Unit not realize he would be immortalized in one of the greatest cities in the world if he could ever bring the World Series Championship to Chicago? I mean, my god, Randy you freak, if there is still a competitive spark in your entire body.....Wave the clause, damnit, or die trying. :headbang

Sox should make the D-backs a really tempting offer - how hard is it to outbid the Yankees when it comes to the prospects D-Backs would want?

If Unit ends up shooting the deal down, fine.....But every attempt must be made. This season is REEEEAAALLLY important - if only to get the fanbase back big-time.

Do you realize that with Cubs winning the World Series (and once Hendry gets bullpen help and Wood comes back, they'll be hard to stop Sox are DEAD?

Magglio might be gone and how many years does Frank have left?

Yankees would be tough to beat, but it's doable - Josh Beckett and Carl Pavano showed how it's done.    A-Rod and Sheffield aren't nearly as good against quality pitching and might not respond well to the pressure of great expectations put on their 200-Mill ballclub.........They'll be more vulnerable than ever to the quick 1-2-3-4 in ALDS courtesy of Unit-Garcia-Buehrle-Unit.   

Does Unit not realize he would be immortalized in one of the greatest cities in the world if he could ever bring the World Series Championship to Chicago? I mean, my god, Randy you freak, if there is still a competitive spark in your entire body.....Wave the clause, damnit, or die trying.  :headbang

Sox should make the D-backs a really tempting offer - how hard is it to outbid the Yankees when it comes to the prospects D-Backs would want?

If Unit ends up shooting the deal down, fine.....But every attempt must be made.    This season is REEEEAAALLLY important - if only to get the fanbase back big-time.

Brando, I honestly think you've convinced yourself that the flubs have already won the world series. They aren't even close to a lock to being in the playoffs. Are they talented.... sure, do they have a chance to win it al, of course. But you make it seem like they can't lose. The flubs still have holes just like every other team.

I almost did.    I had Sox losing 5 out of 6.

Ok..Going by that logic the Cubs didn't face Garcia, Maggs, Frank at Wrigley. Only saw Buehrle once and Diaz twice. Add to that, the gm on Saturday deserves an asterisk as we don't know how the game would've ended.

The Sox are not a guarantee to make a quick exit in the playoffs. First off, there are NO quality staffs from top to bottom in the AL. Boston sucks outside of Schilling and Pedro, Yankees have Vasquez, two old fragile guys in Mussina and Brown, and a bunch of junk. Yes, Oakland does have Mulder and Hudson, but their other guys are mediocre, and have a weak lineup and a questionable pen. With Maggs and Frank in the lineup, I think we have enough pitching to make it in the AL. I would be a little worried in the NL parks if we run into someone like the Cubs, Marlins, or Astros in the series however.

I'm hoping that the Brenly firing is the start of the D'Back fire sale. I don't know how close RJ was to Brenly, like if Brenly goes RJ would leave kind of thing.

I wonder what it would take to get an RJ assuming they would trade him? I'm assuming Anderson/Borchard, Honel/Cotts/Diaz/Munoz kind of package and maybe the D'Backs throw in some BP help too. Who knows. I don't think there is any doubt that if RJ were available that KW would at least try to get him, but who knows if a.) He would want to come to Chicago and b.) JR would take on his salary, though from the sound of it he is saying, through KW that he would take on "significant" payroll.

The other thing is I don't think we have the ammo to get Johnson. It would take either a monster prospect package or some young cheap position players, which we don't have. Maggs is about the only really valuable player we could deal, and DBacks don't need a rent a player. Even if we put together Borchard and two guys from that list of pitchers we would probably be well short. Trading Lee is a possibility, but that wouldn't make much sense with Maggs a free agent. Look at the package that the Expos gave up for Colon a few years ago, that's probably what they would want. The got 3 top level prospects at the time in Brandon Phillips, Cliff Lee, and Grady Sizemore. We can't even get close to that.