What this team lacks more than anything

brijames

And what they have lacked for years is players with character and a passion and urgency for winning.

I just see too many guys on this team that really don't give a crap about winning.

Tonight was a game that you flat out find a way to win it.

This team too often finds a way to lose it.

Tonights game was exactly the type of game you will have in the playoffs.

Im afraid this group for the most part is used to losing the big games and series, especially in September.

They just don't seem to get too bothered about losing.

And because of that fact as much as I want to see the Sox win this Division and make noise in the playoffs, I don't see it happening.

I don't see any leadership on this team. Players who refuse to lose.

Brijames, call talk radio with crap like this.

They'll love to chat about this pure bulls***.

The White Sox won 2 of 3 against the Cubs last week and

swept Minnie at Minnie.

Your rant is talk radio at its finest.

But it is pure bulls***.

We got shut down by Zamby, who wanted to make up for last week.

Then we faced a motivated Maddux on a day the f***ing

game shouldn't have been played because of rain.

And Game Three, Lee hits a f***ing game tying home run

on a night we lost a pitcher's duel.

And we were without Frank and Maggs who would help

against a lefty.

Grow up and get a clue.

We swept Minnie at Minnie. Is that a team with players

who don't give a s***.

Clutch hit to tie in the top of the 9th, and thats wanting to lose?

All I can say is there better have been some busted up lockers in that clubhouse after that loss tonight.

And tell me, who is the vocal leader of this team? The guy who does whatever it takes to win. The guy who can't stand losing.

All I can say is there better have been some busted up lockers in that clubhouse after that loss tonight.

And tell me, who is the vocal leader of this team? The guy who does whatever it takes to win. The guy who can't stand losing.

Jose Valentin - and don't tell me he's not a leader because he struck out. He's the vocal leader of this team.

Brijames, call talk radio with crap like this.

They'll love to chat about this pure bulls***.

The White Sox won 2 of 3 against the Cubs last week and

swept Minnie at Minnie.

Your rant is talk radio at its finest.

But it is pure bulls***.

We got shut down by Zamby, who wanted to make up for last week.

Then we faced a motivated Maddux on a day the f***ing

game shouldn't have been played because of rain.

And Game Three, Lee hits a f***ing game tying home run

on a night we lost a pitcher's duel.

And we were without Frank and Maggs who would help

against a lefty.

Grow up and get a clue.

We swept Minnie at Minnie. Is that a team with players

who don't give a s***.

Thats why I love visiting here and posting. So many nice Sox fans to share opinions with. None of that angry attacking and namecalling like so many other message boards.

Geez relax a little people!

I'm not saying the Sox are hoping they lose.

I'm just expressing an opinion of what I see as missing from this ballclub, this year as well as the past few years.

I just don't see the passion from the players.

This team just seems to go through the motions too many games during the year.

Sorry Brijames,

Didn't mean to piss you off.

I just sensed you were using the cliched argment of "they must

not care" when a team gets shut down at the plate.

My feeling is a lot of s*** happens in a game and it's not

because we don't have fiery leaders who don't want to win.

Valentin is a kick ass guy.

Who's the guy on the Cubs that fits your description?

The guy on the Yankees?

The Angels?

I think Oz is a pretty f***ing good leader.

Bottom line this was just a very frustrating weekend, getting swept by your crosstown rival.

This has to be the last wake up call for this Sox team.

No more room for getting swept in a series.

Lets see what this ballclub is made of now, and see them come out and kick some azz the second half!

87 years of futility will get ya to overreact when we get swept..its not that this team cant rebound and go on to win the division..i pretty much expect them too...but if this sweep sends us in a tailspin and we drop 15 of 20 that wouldnt surprise me either..

i dont know how to really explain it but no matter how good we are playing in the back of my mind the doubts are always there lurking...so , is this where it all starts to blow up in our faces..

just part of being a sox fan i guess...we dont have the positive experiences to fall back on...the biggest memory i have of the sox is jerry dybinski.. :headshake

And what they have lacked for years  is players with character and a passion and urgency for winning.

I just see too many guys on this team that really don't give a crap about winning.

Im afraid this group for the most part is used to losing the big games and series, especially in September.

And because of that fact as much as I want to see the Sox win this Division and make noise in the playoffs, I don't see it happening.

Where was this thread after we swept the, Twins? I swear. The only way to make some fans happy would be to go 162-0.

Bottom line this was just a very frustrating weekend, getting swept by your crosstown rival.

This has to be the last wake up call for this Sox team.

No more room for getting swept in a series.

Would you rather have the Sox get swept by Minn or the Cubs? Last time I checked, the cubs aren't in the AL Central. You talk like a person who'd rather have the Sox win the season series vs the Cubs than get to the playoffs.

Did the Sox show sign of not being a playoff team after being swept by the Cubs, a team with the 2nd best record in the NL and playing very well, and at home?

No. The Sox only lost the first game. the 2nd didn't count with the rain shortened game. The 3rd the Sox had chances but beat themselves. Now if the sox got battered all around Wrigley for 3 games, then you might have a beef.

And what they have lacked for years  is players with character and a passion and urgency for winning.

Sox lost because they couldn't drive a middle-away pitch and tried to pull-n-elevate pitcher's pitches. And because Loaiza decided he doesn't want to pitch like a front-line pitcher anymore. They should have won 2 out of 3.

Look at Firday's game. Zambrano wasn't nearly as sharp as he is being credit for. He had Valentin at 3-1 in the 1st and Jose wanted to kill a good pitch 450 feet to RF instead of concentrating on spraying a hard liner somewhere, and instead chased two ball-4's above the belt........There were many other at bats where Zambrano had Sox at at 1-0, 2-1, 2-0, 3-1 and threw a get-me-over-pitch which our overanxious/greedy hitters jammed themselves on.....................Contrast it with the way Lee, Barret, Sosa, Alou all effortlessly lined outside pitches to CF and RF.

Maddux said he got away with quite a few mistakes on Saturday. So true. The kind of pitches on the outer portion of the plate Sox hitters either took or foul off, they should have hit hard somewhere. I could live with an out if it's a hard-hit one, but when our hitters are constantly off-balance and seemingly without a plan, and the pitcher is a washed-up Maddux, that's unacceptable.

Rusch game was an abomination. He had nothing and Sox couldn't touch him. No runs in 8 innings! My god, how embarassing.

Ohh all this b****ing and whining is even making me sick and thats saying something.

So we lost to the cubs....SO WHAT....we are in 1st place and we are still the best team in our division and we have a very legitimate shot to get to the world series.

The fact is we got swept because Ozzie made a managerial mistake by leaving Shingo in there for a second inning when it was obvious he was tired.

He's a rookie manager and he will make mistakes.... but guess what guys, Ozzie is NOT a stupid man, he will learn from this and it won't happen again.

The year is not over because we got swept by the scrubs.

20 posts on what this team is missing and no one saids the two biggest answers

FRANK THOMAS AND MAGGLIO ORDONEZ!

Come on people, do you think the Cubs would have swept the series missing Alou and Sosa? Hell they couldn't score runs without Sosa alone, let alone taking the teams two best hitters out of the line up.

Yeah it sucks that we swept by the Cubs, but it is hard to win an ass kicking contest with no legs.

Ohh all this b****ing and whining is even making me sick and thats saying something.

So we lost to the cubs....SO WHAT....

:headshake

It's the MANNER in which Sox lost. Very 2002-2003-esque.

I don't care, one of the games had to be won. Period.

20 posts on what this team is missing and no one saids the two biggest answers

FRANK THOMAS AND MAGGLIO ORDONEZ!

Come on people, do you think the Cubs would have swept the series missing Alou and Sosa?  Hell they couldn't score runs without Sosa alone, let alone taking the teams two best hitters out of the line up.   

Yeah it sucks that we swept by the Cubs, but it is hard to win an ass kicking contest with no legs.

They didn't have their hottest hitter, Ramirez for the last 2 games. Ray Ordonez hitting about .130 killed the Sox Saturday. There is no excuse not to score against Glendon Rusch. This guy was given up on by the Mets, Brewers and I believe Texas released him in Spring Training. Texas would probably let me pitch a few games before giving up on me. Execution was weak last night. One saving grace is that Buerhle didn't get stuck with the loss. Another is the Sox are still in first place.

It goes to show how important Magglio is to the team. If the Sox are to win the WS they are going to have to win without a DH. When Frank sits, and Magglio is out, and a LHP is facing us, which renders Valentin virtually useless, the line up is not very impressive.

Why the heck did you write that in poetry form?

Cool it, you know nothing about these players emotions. NOTHING. Unless you are one in the locker room. Are you? No? Than keep it to things you can prove.

One series isn't the end of the world. Guillen made some poor choices, and we didn't get the clutch hits we needed. Not a huge deal. We are still at the top of the AL in come from behind wins. They don't have passion? Come on.