Wilder: "They wanted Borchard"

aboz56

To do better than say Borchard and whatever catcher we have? NO!!!! I wish for my team's players to do better and have a better career first. I could not care less what other organization's players do and I would never wish them to have a better career than someone from the team that I root for.

Just because I am a sox fan doesnt mean I am restricted to cheer for ONLY the Sox and support ONLY the Sox players...

I am a fan of the game, and if I like someone I am going to cheer for them

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not defending him like you are, nor am I naming my self after him. I am not in love with him as you are. I knew/know what your name was before this one. Same exact picture under your name then and now.

Who said anything about lovin the guy? I was a fan of his yes. Look at my profile then and you'll know I was a fan of a couple others (prospects and players) in the organization. Yes, he's gone, but that doesnt mean I could care less and talk s*** because he's in the organization anymore. I bet money that if Borchard was traded, you would find every detail to say why he was a bust and will suck it up just because he's not here anymore. IMO.. I'll say it agian IMO... Reed>Borchard and will have a better career.

Just because I am a sox fan doesnt mean I am restricted to cheer for ONLY the Sox and support ONLY the Sox players...

I am a fan of the game, and if I like someone I am going to cheer for them

No it doesn't but to wish he has a better career than a player from your own organization is f***ed up.

Looks like they got you there CWSguy406...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Ah - then touche, SouthsideIrish, about the arm. I thought it was above average. However, I still contend that he is an above average runner, and even the BA tidbit says he is right now an average CFer, but improving. No where does it say he can't play CF, just says that if it turns out that he can't play it well, he can move to right.

I agree with you Steel. I read a lot of scouting reports on him and watched parts of his scouting videos. Gonzalez looks like a stud. I know it's early, but he was getting low 90's on every fastball and has a nasty curve. Now that Honel got hurt, he is my new favorite prospect.

Who said anything about lovin the guy? I was a fan of his yes. Look at my profile then and you'll know I was a fan of a couple others (prospects and players) in the organization. Yes, he's gone, but that doesnt mean I could care less and talk s*** because he's in the organization anymore. I bet money that if Borchard was traded, you would find every detail to say why he was a bust and will suck it up just because he's not here anymore. IMO.. I'll say it agian IMO... Reed>Borchard and will have a better career.

And therefore, just to prove your right, you will root for a seattle mariner player to have a better career than for a white sox player. Good for you. Keep on keepin on!

Reed runs well and has a natural aggressiveness that allows him to stretch hits into an extra base. He has become an average center fielder and should get better with more experience there. His arm is average, and he could possibly play right field if he can’t stick in center.

From Baseball America.

Now that is more in tune with reality.

Average arm, average range in CF but with good instincts and hustle - that's Jeremy Reed.

Mark Kotsay is an excellent defensive CF. Reed has a weaker arm, but there is nothing stopping him from continuing to improve on his reads and routes and eventually becoming an above-average fielder.

Ah - then touche, SouthsideIrish, about the arm.  I thought it was above average.  However, I still contend that he is an above average runner, and even the BA tidbit says he is right now an average CFer, but improving.  No where does it say he can't play CF, just says that if it turns out that he can't play it well, he can move to right.

I agree with you there, I think Reed is an above average runner as well

Wow....you guys need some pot or something to calm down.

Besides, Borchard has 14 homers and 54 RBI thru June 4th on MVP on my GameCube with an average of .346, while Reed had an average of .320 with 2 homers and 39 RBI...

Borch will be better :lol:

And therefore, just to prove your right, you will root for a seattle mariner player to have a better career than for a white sox player. Good for you. Keep on keepin on!

Your point means we have to like Borchard more than Reed because Borchard is in our system??

When Borchard gives me a reason to like him I will, but so far he has been a dissapointment where as on the other hand Reed has done nothing but impress..

Ah - then touche, SouthsideIrish, about the arm.  I thought it was above average.  However, I still contend that he is an above average runner, and even the BA tidbit says he is right now an average CFer, but improving.  No where does it say he can't play CF, just says that if it turns out that he can't play it well, he can move to right.

He's certainly not below average. His aggressiveness is a good attribute, which is one the reasons Rowand is a good fielder. However, he's not going to be a Beltran or Hunter in CF, and if his arm continues to be average, right field may not be a real good choice either IMO. To me, it sounds like he would be a real good left fielder, maybe like a Shannon Stewart.

:headshake :rolleyes:

Believe what you want to believe.. So I'll say this.. what happens when one of them get's traded back here. Would you still talk s*** just because he was on another team putting up good numbers..

Your point means we have to like Borchard more than Reed because Borchard is in our system??

When Borchard gives me a reason to like him I will, but so far he has been a dissapointment where as on the other hand Reed has done nothing but impress..

like him? I didnt know you liked either one, but good for you!

NO! my point is you are rooting for Reed to have a better career than Borchard. Rooting for a SEATTLE MARINER over a CHICAGO WHITE SOX.

Good for you though. You do what you have to do.

Borchard has done nothing and Reed has done a lot to impress? How many times have you seen these guys play. Just asking. Or do the stats just impress you?

Then again - I think this whole arguement is skewed.

If you want to compare it to our OFs, it should be Reed vs. Borchard/Anderson/Sweeney. We had depth at the position, so we traded Reed.

If you want to compare it trade-wise, that's obviously Olivo/Reed/Morse vs. Davis/Garcia.

I'm just saying, this isn't about Reed vs. Borchard. This is about how our organization treated Jeremy Reed. I guess that's what the discussion is/should be about.

Wow....you guys need some pot or something to calm down.

Besides, Borchard has 14 homers and 54 RBI thru June 4th on MVP on my GameCube with an average of .346, while Reed had an average of .320 with 2 homers and 39 RBI...

Borch will be better :lol:

Well everyone there you have it, it's settled. Jeez now that wasn't so hard. :lol:

:headshake  :rolleyes:

Believe what you want to believe.. So I'll say this.. what happens when one of them get's traded back here. Would you still talk s*** just because he was on another team putting up good numbers..

Once he is traded here what team is he a part of? Would I be cheering for him to do better than a player from my own team? NO! Once he is here I will cheer for him to have a better career than anyone else from any other organization. Unlike you who will be cheering for him to do better in a Seattle Mariners uniform than Borchard will be doing in a Chicago White Sox uniform.

Then again - I think this whole arguement is skewed.

If you want to compare it to our OFs, it  should be Reed vs. Borchard/Anderson/Sweeney.  We had depth at the position, so we traded Reed.

If you want to compare it trade-wise, that's obviously Olivo/Reed/Morse vs. Davis/Garcia.

I'm just saying, this isn't about Reed vs. Borchard.  This is about how our organization treated Jeremy Reed.  I guess that's what the discussion is/should be about.

How did they treat Reed poorly? He will have a better opportunity to play next year, and maybe this year in a beautiful fan friendly park. He's going to love it there, and I bet after getting over the shock of it, is probably just fine with the move and anxious to get into the bigs. This move didn't hurt his career in the least.

like him? I didnt know you liked either one, but good for you!

NO! my point is you are rooting for Reed to have a better career than Borchard. Rooting for a SEATTLE MARINER over a CHICAGO WHITE SOX.

Good for you though. You do what you have to do.

Borchard has done nothing and Reed has done a lot to impress? How many times have you seen these guys play. Just asking. Or do the stats just impress you?

I fail to see what your getting at here...

Are you telling me that if we trade Maggs you are going to be anti maggs as well and Wish Borchard to be better than Maggs in RF??

I liked Reed, and I wish we would have traded Borchard insted... Im gonna cheer for Jeremy Reed to do good in his career as he most likely will..

Borchard on the other hand was labeled as so much, and he hasnt done anything and now he is drawing near the line of not being a prospect anymore and just a huge BUST..

I can cheer for who I like, wheather they be on the Cubs, Twins, or Yankees... Doesnt change the fact that the Sox are my team..

Once he is traded here what team is he a part of? Would I be cheering for him to do better than a player from my own team? NO! Once he is here I will cheer for him to have a better career than anyone else from any other organization.

SSI - I think you're totally misunderstanding SoxAce. In no way is he cheering for Borchard to fail. In fact, IIRC, he was a huge fan of BOTH Reed and Borchard while they were both still with us.

He just thinks Reed should have been kept over Borchard, which I tend to agree with.

How did they treat Reed poorly? He will have a better opportunity to play next year, and maybe this year in a beautiful fan friendly park. He's going to love it there, and I bet after getting over the shock of it, is probably just fine with the move and anxious to get into the bigs. This move didn't hurt his career in the least.

I guess the same way Ben Davis and Freddy Garcia got treated badly in Seattle. They were traded. :lol:

Well everyone there you have it, it's settled.  Jeez now that wasn't so hard. :lol:

Of course, Reed DID have 65 SB's compared to Borch's 2 at that point. :lol:

In all honesty, I'm trying to forget about Reed. Yeah, he was good, but Borchard can be good too. And I think he will be.

SSI - I think you're totally misunderstanding SoxAce.  In no way is he cheering for Borchard to fail.  In fact, IIRC, he was a huge fan of BOTH Reed and Borchard while they were both still with us. 

He just thinks Reed should have been kept over Borchard, which I tend to agree with.

No, I am understanding him correctly.

When he says to

come back to him in 3 years and then talk to him (if borchard is still in the majors)
He is clearly rooting for one player to hav ae better career over another. He is clearly rooting for a Seattle Mariner over a Chicago White Sox.

Man of Steel said the exact same thing. I am understanding both of them exactly the way they want to be understood.

OK - I didn't actaully mean they treated Reed like s***. I just think, for whatever reason, they're misjudging what Reed could and would have meant to our future. He was going to be our number one or two hitter in the lineup. We need that, a high OBP/avg guy, as opposed to the power Borchard brings.

That's all. I need some sleep. :lol: