Mentioned in Garciaparra rumors..

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-mar...ports-headlines

It's nothing really extensive about us, but we are mentioned...

"Several teams with higher payrolls have been mentioned in connection with Garciaparra. They include the Dodgers and Angels in his native Southern California, along with the Chicago White Sox."

Once again, for the N'th time......

If we're willing to take on what's remaining of Nomar's 12.5 Mill salary, then we should make one better and do everything in our power to take on whatever is remaining of Randy Johnson's 15 (less with deferred) Mill.

No-trade clause aside.....Unit is JUST what this team needs. Someone to take the ball in Games 1 and 4 of ALDS.

Garciaparra and Andruw Jones, on the other hand, are sexy-sounding LUXURIES that Sox cannot afford - neither of the two players are what they used to be in 2000 and Sox don't have a burning need for a CF and SS at this point.

Pri-f***in-orities people.

Once again, for the N'th time......

If we're willing to take on what's remaining of Nomar's 12.5 Mill salary, then we should make one better and do everything in our power to take on whatever is remaining of Randy Johnson's 15 (less with deferred) Mill.

No-trade clause aside.....Unit is JUST what this team needs. Someone to take the ball in Games 1 and 4 of ALDS.

Garciaparra and Andruw Jones, on the other hand, are sexy-sounding LUXURIES that Sox cannot afford - neither of the two players are what they used to be in 2000 and Sox don't have the burning need for a CF and SS at this point.

The sox are not getting randy johnson. Hell Yeah I would absolutely love to have him but it just isn't going to happen. If he becomes available I guarantee kw will make a run at him but rj will not come to the southside, unfortunately.

Nomar has obviously had the better career but this year Jose is WAY better.  I would not even consider a jose for nomar swap right now.

I agree that Nomar is having a down year, but, c'mon...Nomar is an all-star shortstop. There isn't one facet of Valentin's game that is better than Nomar's.

Nomar would be a substantial upgrade at SS, not an A-Rod type upgrade, but an upgrade nonetheless!

I agree that Nomar is having a down year, but, c'mon...Nomar is an all-star shortstop. There isn't one facet of Valentin's game that is better than Nomar's.

Nomar would be a substantial upgrade at SS, not an A-Rod type upgrade, but an upgrade nonetheless!

Jose is a better defender. Right now he's a better hitter also, take nomar out of fenway and he isn't a great hitter. Jose is also the only left handed power bat we have and getting nomar to get rid of jose would hurt this ball club.

If he becomes available I guarantee kw will make a run at him .

How can you make this guarantee?

Afterall, we're talking about one of the lamest organizations ever here, one that has short-sightedly penny-pinched and cut corners every chance it got, and thus had cheated itself out of many a divisional title, including as recently as 2002 and 2003. Big-time damage done to the ballclub and its fanbase right there, in the span of just a decade or two. So don't put anything past them.

A healthy Randy Johnson is just what this team needs right now, in more respect than one.

Red Sox and Yankees and even Angels - they could fail to make the playoffs or get swept out of ALDS, and still come out swinging with a freshly-minted 100+ Mill payroll in 2005.

Sox? We better win the division and make it past ALDS - especially as the Cubs are threatening to win it all as early as THIS year.

Somehow I doubt Sox would even ENTERTAIN the possibility of paying for Randy Jonnson even IF he were to reluctantly agree to wave the no-trade clause. Call me crazy.

Come on, Kenny, prove me wrong on this one.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-mar...ports-headlines

It's nothing really extensive about us, but we are mentioned...

"Several teams with higher payrolls have been mentioned in connection with Garciaparra. They include the Dodgers and Angels in his native Southern California, along with the Chicago White Sox."

Uribe, Harris. End of discussion.

How can you make this guarantee?   

Afterall, we're talking about one of the lamest organizations ever here, one that has short-sightedly penny-pinched and cut corners every chance it got, and thus had cheated itself out of many a divisional title, including as recently as 2002 and 2003. Big-time damage done to the ballclub and its fanbase right there, in the span of a decade or two.  So don't put anything past them.

A healthy Randy Johnson is just what this team needs right now, in more respect than one.   

Red Sox and Yankees and even Angels - they could fail to make the playoffs/get swept out of ALDS and still come out swining with a freshly-minted 100+ Mill payroll in 2005.

Sox? We better win and division and make it past ALDS - especially as the Cubs are threatening to win it all as early as THIS year.

Somehow I doubt Sox would even ENTERTAIN the possibility of paying for Randy Jonnson even IF he were to reluctantly agree to wave the no-trade clause.

Come on, Kenny, prove me wrong on this one.

I should rephrase that a little bit. What I mean is you can bet that kenny will make a call to arizona, maybe not a legitimate run we both know that would all depend on how much jr will up the payroll.