Anchorman

da_bears86

I saw it.  Like I said in the Palehose forum, Ferrell is a friggin' riot.  Ferrell himself is worth seeing the movie alone.

Yes he is. He makes so many things funny that normally wouldn't be, which says a lot about the comedian he is.

Did anyone see the "Anchorman" skit thing on Sportscenter 2 days ago. I thought that that was f'n awesome! I loved it when Farrell was like "an around the clock sports network, that will never work. That's like a 24 hour cooking network, or an all music station. haha"

I don't know, I was much more interested in seeing it before I saw all the painfully unfunny guest appearances Farrell did for the movie. And the more clips I saw, the less I wanted to see it, too. I'll wait for the DVD rental.

critic.jpg

"It Stinks!"

:lol: Actually I dont know, I haven't seen it yet.

Did anyone see the "Anchorman" skit thing on Sportscenter 2 days ago.  I thought that that was f'n awesome!  I loved it when Farrell was like "an around the clock sports network, that will never work.  That's like a 24 hour cooking network, or an all music station. haha"

Yeah, I enjoyed the little skit. Farrell is awesome. :headbang

I wasnt too impressed. It had some funny parts, but not typical Will Ferell funny. I was expecting more.

Here were some lines from the movie that Ebert thought were particular good enough to use in his review...(http://12.36.78.101/output/ebert1/wkp-news-anchorman09f.html)

"I have many very important leather-bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

reagrding women...."I read somewhere," one of them ominously warns, "that their periods attract bears."

A cologne that smells, the newsroom agrees, "like the time the raccoon got in the copier."

After reading the review...and seeing that these were the lines the movie had to offer...I started thinking it wouldn't be as good as I thought. I thought it was just an ok movie. It had some funny parts...some cool cameos, but nothing special.

I wasnt too impressed.  It had some funny parts, but not typical Will Ferell funny.  I was expecting more.

I thought it was just an ok movie.  It had some funny parts...some cool cameos, but nothing special.

that's pretty much exactly my feeling. ferrel is gonna become the new chevy chase if he keeps making movies like these haha

I wasnt too impressed.  It had some funny parts, but not typical Will Ferell funny.  I was expecting more.

Here were some lines from the movie that Ebert thought were particular good enough to use in his review...(http://12.36.78.101/output/ebert1/wkp-news-anchorman09f.html)

"I have many very important leather-bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

reagrding women...."I read somewhere," one of them ominously warns, "that their periods attract bears."

A cologne that smells, the newsroom agrees, "like the time the raccoon got in the copier."

After reading the review...and seeing that these were the lines the movie had to offer...I started thinking it wouldn't be as good as I thought.  I thought it was just an ok movie.  It had some funny parts...some cool cameos, but nothing special.

I agree with you. The character is very funny. I don't think it is something that should have been made into a whole movie though. I thought the movie was pretty stupid and actually had a lot of boring parts in the beginning. There were a lot of funny parts and lines, but not that good at all.

Plus they left out my favorite part during the commercials. When he and Christina Applegate jump on the table and he yells out "LETS MAKE A BABY!" I found that hilarious and it wasn't even in the movie. Oh well.

that movie was so disappointing..i watched about one hour and then left...i dont think i laughed once..im a big will ferrell fan but even he couldnt save that pathetic script

I agree baggio. That character is really good and in bits and pieces there is some funny stuff. As a whole the movies is just awful. Maybe the most stupid movie I have seen this year. I wouild rather have my girlfriend drag me to see the Notebook again than to ever see The Anchorman again.

:puke

One Word.....AWFUL

Me, Mike, Ian and Mario saw it last night and three of us couldn't stand it, Ian didn't mind it.

I kind of had a hunch it would be crappy but was hoping Will Ferrel wouldn't do a really stupid comedy. Guess I was wrong, lol.