Cell Traffic Management

ManSooLee

Compared to the rest of the stadiums/arenas in Chicago the Cell is not really that bad. 

Soldier Field-  Horrible, you either get there early or you are shuttle bussing from McCormick or Grant Park

AllState Arena- Probably the biggest problem.  There are roughly 1000 cops when you come in and about 2 when everybody leaves.  There's no real good way to get back on the highway, luckily I live in Villa Park so Manheim is a real alternative for me.

United Center-  Close to the Allstate nightmare.  There's no direction in the parking lot, people are going everywhere and trapped in by other cars.

Wrigley-  You would have to be high to park anywhere near that place during a game

For Hawks/Bulls games, anyone who parks in the main 2 lots closest to the stadium are out of their mind. Use Red Top parking...cheaper, easy out, and the money doesn't go to Wirtz. There are plenty of lots all over the place. I'm out in about 8 seconds.

No way, lot A is by far the best.  You are out onto the Ryan in one stop light cycle.  It owns any other lot. 

And BTW just for perspective.  i was up in Milwaukee for a game last week.  They have all of their traffic leave through 2 points and it took way over an hour just to get out of the parking lot.  It was worse than the playoffs or cubs/sox games by FAR!

Miller Stadium parking sucks

this is not profound, just that I really hate Miller Stadium parking

Comerica parking is not bad if you are prepared to pay $$$$

We have it good at USCF

For early arrivees and tailgaters, I recommend the hidden gem that is lot D (or E) in the back near the Bullpen Bar. You have to arrive EARLY like an hour BEFORE gates open becuase it's a season ticket holder's lot, but if you get there early you can pay cash and park. You can usually be out of that lot in 10 minutes even with a sell out. It's right next to the church lot, so it's got the nice proximity to the Ryan and the bonus of Sox security patrolling the lot, you don't have to rely on Jesus to watch your car.

The one thing that can muck up the works are the traffic patrol people. The actual CPD knows what they are doing and how to handle thousands of cars, but the DOPES without guns could seem to care less about good traffic flow. I think the Sox should pay the extra for either another pitcher, or real cops to direct traffic.

Later...#5

Hey Sox fans!

Park at Cobblestones on Pershing. If you spend $10 at the bar on food or drink, you park free. Plus, they give you poker chips so you don't even have to spend it all before the game if that's a problem.

As an added bonus, there is a GREAT hot dog cart between the bar and park that serves the best dogs I've ever had.

Mystic

Hey Sox fans!

Park at Cobblestones on Pershing.  If you spend $10 at the bar on food or drink, you park free.  Plus, they give you poker chips so you don't even have to spend it all before the game if that's a problem.

As an added bonus, there is a GREAT hot dog cart between the bar and park that serves the best dogs I've ever had.

Mystic

welcome to soxtalk! :cheers

Compared to the rest of the stadiums/arenas in Chicago the Cell is not really that bad. 

Soldier Field-  Horrible, you either get there early or you are shuttle bussing from McCormick or Grant Park

AllState Arena- Probably the biggest problem.  There are roughly 1000 cops when you come in and about 2 when everybody leaves.  There's no real good way to get back on the highway, luckily I live in Villa Park so Manheim is a real alternative for me.

United Center-  Close to the Allstate nightmare.  There's no direction in the parking lot, people are going everywhere and trapped in by other cars.

Wrigley-  You would have to be high to park anywhere near that place during a game

Soldier - I never go there, but I know from relatives that it's a NIGHTMARE.

Allstate - HA!! EXCELLENT point about the Vanishing Cops! I had some REAL long waits getting out of there ( back when it was the Horizon ) after concerts. Hasn't been too bad after Wolves games, though - even the weekend games with 11,000 or more people.

UC - On the increasingly rare occasion that I subject myself to a SlackHawks game, I just wait around a little bit and the lot quickly empties out to a comfortable level. I park at the Malcolm X parking lot, which is usually easier to get out of than the closer lots.

Wrigley - ALWAYS take public transportation - that area is brutal, with the neighborhood parking restrictions and all that. I go to the Metro quite a bit, and even on Cubbie off-days parking is at a premium.

yea the church parking lot right behind the scoreboard is the best parking there is, and is the best place to tailgate I HIGHLY recomend it.... aslo TONY whereabouts in wheaton do you live....i am from warrenville....don't tell me your a north kid ha

Thanks - Just recently found out this place existed.

Cobblestone's ... 39th and Normal, north side of the street.

A very small bar in the back, it is more of an eating place actually, Italian food. Very good Italian food - not just the standards like pasta but they always have a special or two and they have good sandwiches ... Italian beef, combo, etc. It's a sit down place, waitress service and they cater to the Sox crowd. The lot is not real big but there always seems to be room.

A couple of beers on draught, the bar is toward the back. Kind of a small place, it's been there for a long time, frequented by regulars but the staff is warm and welcoming. Food IMO is not as good as Bertucci's at 24th and Princeton but Cobblestone's is closer to the park.

The hot dog guy, with the steam cart, is at 37th and ... Parnell, I think it is. Not far west of the viaduct near the two parking lots.

They have good hot dogs at Ricobene's too.

Cobblestone's ... 39th and Normal, north side of the street...

Thanks for filling in the details :D

You're actually the reason I found out about this board. That investigative report you did was one of the most entertaining stories I've read on the net. Very well done!

I've actually never been to Bertucci's, but have heard great things about it. I really need to get in there one day.

When was the last time you were at Cobblestones? The place is small, but the bar actually spans almost the entire length. And yes, the food is good and the people are very friendly.

Thanks for filling in the details  :D

You're actually the reason I found out about this board.  That investigative report you did was one of the most entertaining stories I've read on the net.  Very well done!

I've actually never been to Bertucci's, but have heard great things about it.  I really need to get in there one day. 

When was the last time you were at Cobblestones?  The place is small, but the bar actually spans almost the entire length.  And yes, the food is good and the people are very friendly.

Is your avatar titled "Naked Santa, the Sox fan?"

I'm gonna go look at DonkeyKonerko's for a while to get that one out of my mind...

Thanks for filling in the details  :D

You're actually the reason I found out about this board.  That investigative report you did was one of the most entertaining stories I've read on the net.  Very well done!

I've actually never been to Bertucci's, but have heard great things about it.  I really need to get in there one day. 

When was the last time you were at Cobblestones?  The place is small, but the bar actually spans almost the entire length.  And yes, the food is good and the people are very friendly.

Haven't been to Cobblestone's for about a year, the manager told me there were thinking of changing things around inside, maybe they've done something?

I'll need to get back in there and see.

Bertucci's has been at 24th and Princeton since 1934. Try and get there for lunch if at all possible, you will not believe the good value you get. The Italian food is among the best I've ever had. Just was there for lunch Monday, in fact.

EDIT: Also, a new place is about to open, I drove past it Monday, it's called Bridgeport Italian Ice at 2530 S. Halsted, on the west side of the street. It's 1/2 block south from Archer. The sign says "Churros" on the front ... yum. Looks like a walk up stand only. Hopefully another good place to grab something to go and then hit the lots for a tailgate.

I usually just walk back out to the car and turn on the post game show, drink another beer or water (depending on who's driving) and relax until the traffic clears out.

That's what I do. Sometimes you get to see some excitement. I got to see an accident in the parking lot earlier this year. I saw it coming the whole way too.

That's what I do. Sometimes you get to see some excitement. I got to see an accident in the parking lot earlier this year. I saw it coming the whole way too.

when i was in chi and attending the games, i was a season ticket holder and the parking was not too bad. yeah it was a little diffucult in getting around while getting there, but i never had to waste 30 mins trying to find parking, it was an easy flow.

getting out was never bad, all i did was take my time to get the car, getting into the car and by that time, traffic again isn't too bad.