Upcoming Road Trip

sox-r-us

The 8 game road trip to begin the second half has me worried a lot.

8 games at the A's, Texas Rangers and the Indians can kill us in the standings.

We all know how badly we have played in Oakland since 2001. Indians and Rangers are very good in their home park. And all 3 teams are still in contention.

Given we will be without Frank for at least most if not all of this road trip, I am very concerned of going 1-7 or some crap like that and getting 3-5 games behind the Twinkies.

I would love it if we can go 4-4....

:ph34r:

Concerns are something you need to forget about once playoff time comes because if the Sox manage to beat these teams than they are ready. A bad road trip will get us desperate as hell because this team can be very streaky. They win 4 and end up losing 4. I’m tired of that s***. I’m here to support a winning team not a losing team. The Sox know the 2nd half is much more important and they will give it all they have in order to be champions of their division. Winning is not a choice, it’s a priority.

Concerns are something you need to forget about once playoff time comes because if the Sox manage to beat these teams than they are ready. A bad road trip will get us desperate as hell because this team can be very streaky. They win 4 and end up losing 4. I’m tired of that s***. I’m here to support a winning team not a losing team. The Sox know the 2nd half is much more important and they will give it all they have in order to be champions of their division. Winning is not a choice, it’s a priority.

I think this is the time when we finally dispel the "Curse of the Left Coast." I say we take 6 of the 8 games and get out to a 2 game lead on Minn.

Easier said than done. That oakland pitching staff is scary.

Last time, we lost both in Oakland. We lost one because Koch blew a save. The other one was a nasty game that went into extra innings. I just think that the "Curse of the Left Coast" is something left over from the Manual regime. This is the perfect time to get over it and for Ozzie to put his stamp on this team.

To tell you the truth I'm not worried about this roadtrip all that much. We've played the A's tough this year and our bullpen blew the games we lost, I think we are much more solid in that respect. Texas is about to crack....Rogers, who has been their most consistent arm this year, is hurt right now and won't be full strength if he pitches at all. Cleveland always battles us hard but we usually get the best of them. Correct me if I'm wrong but we haven't faced any of these teams with Maggs (except cleveland maybe) and Garcia, so I think we are in much better shape. Also Harden is starting the first game of that Oakland series, I feel alot better about that than Hudson or Mulder. We probably won't even see Mulder and Hudson is hurt. So yea, I feel pretty good about this trip.

Yea I just checked we got:

Garland vs Harden

Buehrle vs Zito

Garcia vs Redman

I feel really good about all 3 of those matchups, I don't know about the rest of you though.

Didn't realize it was a 4-game set. I would imagine the 4th game would be Loazia vs Mulder in which case I still feel good about the series. I think we'll finally lift that west coast curse or whatever you call it.

Garland vs Harden

Buehrle vs Zito

Garcia vs Redman

I feel really good about all 3 of those matchups, I don't know about the rest of you though.

Didn't realize it was a 4-game set.  I would imagine the 4th game would be Loazia vs Mulder in which case I still feel good about the series.  I think we'll finally lift that west coast curse or whatever you call it.

Once you look at the match-ups... I don't sound so looney, kool-aid drinky, right?

Garland = consistent lately. Harden is so so.

Zito has been awful all season.

I think Garcia will do fine.

Plus our Bullpen is better than theirs, believe it or not. And our line-up is better, too. We should do fine.

And mystic... that's just horribly, horribly wrong...

yep last time we rolled through Oakland Botch coughed it up one night and then I believe it was Cotts the other night.

Kielty hit a two-run walk off homer in the 12th off Cotts the first night after Valentin had tied the game with a homer in the top of the ninth.

On the second night Koch gave up two hits, a walk and a run in the ninth so the As could tie the game at 2. Then in the 10th, after Darrin Jackson astutely noted that Mark Kotsay had not shown much power all season, Mark Kotsay homered off Jon Adkins.

two losses on walk-on dongs.

the pitching matchups aren't bad this time.

Magglio should be ready to roll.

And we played better baseball in the second half last season.

We'll play well in Oakland.

At least I hope.

Garland vs Harden

Buehrle vs Zito

Garcia vs Redman

Didn't realize it was a 4-game set.  I would imagine the 4th game would be Loazia vs Mulder in which case I still feel good about the series.  I think we'll finally lift that west coast curse or whatever you call it.

We avoid the big 2. That's good. I like our chances a hell of a lot.

I predict 6-2.