We are BACK

Molto

okay guys, you can all stop having fun, I'm back.

it is kind of late so I won't be doing any work with the site and won't be doing so till tomorrow (monday) afternoon.

a lot of stuff to talk about.

BTW, it was a great trip to Arizona. it was like 200 degrees compared to Chicago.

yep, the weather was perfect out there.  Had a blast and got quite a few things to say in regards to the players.  Hopefully I finish it tonight, if not, I will finish it tomorrow.

no one - including HSC - has given us the in depth reports yet - what are you doing, sleeping off hangovers? Give us the scoop! :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1
yep, the weather was perfect out there.  Had a blast and got quite a few things to say in regards to the players.  Hopefully I finish it tonight, if not, I will finish it tomorrow.

no one - including HSC - has given us the in depth reports yet - what are you doing, sleeping off hangovers? Give us the scoop! :lol:

sorry sleepin off jet lag.... what do ya wanna know that you dont already... miles is still hot.. they are playin hummel at 3rd ... jimenez is an asshole and sucks... dauber has been hitting well... borchard has been hitting spuratically........the scrubs had their starting lineup out there against our (third stringers) and barely won.....lol what else do ya wanna know........and dont ask about the private time cause im not tellin what i did saturday nite, nor with whom i did it with......... :D

okay guys, you can all stop having fun, I'm back. 

it is kind of late so I won't be doing any work with the site and won't be doing so till tomorrow (monday) afternoon.

a lot of stuff to talk about. 

BTW, it was a great trip to Arizona.  it was like 200 degrees compared to Chicago.

Damn! No more monkey business. :(

and dont ask about the private time cause im not tellin what i did saturday nite, nor with whom i did it with......... :D

a. O-E-0...

b. JB! JB! you look so good to me!

c. I'm all smiles after being being with Miles

I think I have a 33% chance pf being right somewhere there :lol:

jimenez is an asshole and sucks

Don't let your bias interfere with reality. D'Angelo doesn't suck (.400+ OBP sucks?), and your claim of him being an asshole is completely unfounded.

You'd better get used to him -- he's our 2nd baseman, and will be until he loses the job. Maybe your bias for Miles has corrupted your mind so much that you're hoping D'Angelo plays poorly so Aaron can step into the role. If that is the case, I feel sorry for you.

Guest hotsoxchick1
jimenez is an asshole and sucks

Don't let your bias interfere with reality. D'Angelo doesn't suck (.400+ OBP sucks?), and your claim of him being an asshole is completely unfounded.

You'd better get used to him -- he's our 2nd baseman, and will be until he loses the job. Maybe your bias for Miles has corrupted your mind so much that you're hoping D'Angelo plays poorly so Aaron can step into the role. If that is the case, I feel sorry for you.

dont feel sorry for me .. im just tellin it like it is.. he sucks and he IS an asshole... talk to him sometime youll see what i mean.......my bias (as you call it) has nothing to do with the fact that miles is out playing jimenez and out hitting him..... he looks better all the way around and im not the only one who notices that.....the coaching staff is taking notes too.......

Guest hotsoxchick1
and dont ask about the private time cause im not tellin what i did saturday nite, nor with whom i did it with......... :D

a. O-E-0...

b. JB! JB! you look so good to me!

c. I'm all smiles after being being with Miles

I think I have a 33% chance pf being right somewhere there :lol:

well one out of three isnt a bad guess there..... :D

dont feel sorry for me .. im just tellin it like it is.. he sucks and he IS an asshole... talk to him sometime youll see what i mean.......my bias (as you call it) has nothing to do with the fact that miles is out playing jimenez and out hitting him..... he looks better all the way around and im not the only one who notices that.....the coaching staff is taking notes too.......

I will refer to my previous statement -- D'Angelo is our second baseman and our leadoff hitter -- get used to it, at least until Miles (or someone else) takes those roles away from him. And I'll tell ya, as long as Jimenez has an OBP of over .400, he ain't goin' anywhere. Especially when the guy trying to get the job from him has never played in the majors and had 40 walks in 500 AB's in the minor leagues. Again, UNACCEPTABLE numbers.

Jimenez is/will and should be our starting second baseman. Offensively he has proven himself both at the major league level and definately at the minor league level. THis guy has a whole lot of ability, speed, power, and most importantly patience. He doesn't strike out much at all and has the potential to post a 400 OBP%, which would rank him as one of the top leadoff guys in the majors right there with Ichiro. I'm not saying he will do it this year, but if this guy hits .280 for the Sox, then his obp will be near 400, imo.

Jimenez is/will and should be our starting second baseman.  Offensively he has proven himself both at the major league level and definately at the minor league level.  THis guy has a whole lot of ability, speed, power, and most importantly patience.  He doesn't strike out much at all and has the potential to post a 400 OBP%, which would rank him as one of the top leadoff guys in the majors right there with Ichiro.  I'm not saying he will do it this year, but if this guy hits .280 for the Sox, then his obp will be near 400, imo.

Thank you.

Good to see I'm not the only rational person in this "debate".

Guest hotsoxchick1
Jimenez is/will and should be our starting second baseman.  Offensively he has proven himself both at the major league level and definately at the minor league level.  THis guy has a whole lot of ability, speed, power, and most importantly patience.  He doesn't strike out much at all and has the potential to post a 400 OBP%, which would rank him as one of the top leadoff guys in the majors right there with Ichiro.  I'm not saying he will do it this year, but if this guy hits .280 for the Sox, then his obp will be near 400, imo.

Thank you.

Good to see I'm not the only rational person in this "debate".

its just your opinion...... it doesnt mean your rational.......numbers are way over rated anyhow.. they can be inflated or deflated.... whichever...... i go by what a player does in action.... which always speaks louder than anything else.....numbers are only valuable when trying to deal out.....used as an inticement........nothing more, nothing less.....and thats mho..... rational or not its mho......

its  just your opinion...... it  doesnt mean your rational.......numbers are way over rated anyhow.. they can be inflated or deflated.... whichever...... i go by what a player does in action.... which always speaks louder than anything else.....numbers are only valuable when trying to deal out.....used as an inticement........nothing more, nothing less.....and thats mho..... rational or not its mho......

I'm speaking of actions too -- the action of getting on base.

D'Angelo showed us a glimpse of what he's capable of late last season, and so far this spring it has continued.

Numbers are overrated -- but sometimes you can't argue with them.

And the reason I say I'm "rational" in this "debate" is because I'm saying to go with the guy who has proved himself in a short time in the majors (and particularly, with the Sox) over the younger, lesser experienced player.

Elementary, my dear Watson.

its  just your opinion...... it  doesnt mean your rational.......numbers are way over rated anyhow.. they can be inflated or deflated.... whichever...... i go by what a player does in action.... which always speaks louder than anything else.....numbers are only valuable when trying to deal out.....used as an inticement........nothing more, nothing less.....and thats mho..... rational or not its mho......

D'Angelo showed us a glimpse of what he's capable of late last season, and so far this spring it has continued.

And the reason I say I'm "rational" in this "debate" is because I'm saying to go with the guy who has proved himself in a short time in the majors (and particularly, with the Sox) over the younger, lesser experienced player.

One thing, Miles is older then Jimenez. Jimenez has way higher career numbers then him. In AAA a few years back Jimenez hit .322 or so with a ton of steals, etc and a very high obp. This kid is damn good. Miles has had one good year so far, last year. Now injuries have effected him, but Jimenez had a broken neck that he had to come back from.

Guest hotsoxchick1
its  just your opinion...... it  doesnt mean your rational.......numbers are way over rated anyhow.. they can be inflated or deflated.... whichever...... i go by what a player does in action.... which always speaks louder than anything else.....numbers are only valuable when trying to deal out.....used as an inticement........nothing more, nothing less.....and thats mho..... rational or not its mho......

hmm proven in the majors... well lets see, just how many of our guys were proven, before they came up, in the majors????? i can think of maybe a small handful.... gotta start sometime huh.. and why not go with the better defensive person.. why not go with the better offensive person.....makes sense to me ... i dont care if "royce jimenez" spent only a small amount of time on a major team and miles never saw one... the better person right now as of today is miles.... his nubmers show it (since your so hung up on them) and his actions show it... (since thats my hang up)..... give him the chance and ill bet he does circles around what was once touted as the top prospect BEFORE his accident........give him the chance to show otherwise.. why not.. hes showing right now that he can handle it..... and unlike "royce jimenez" his defensive skills are far more superior.......if it were up to me i would go with the guy who works hard and shows he has a desire to be on the team.. not the asshole who walks around like hes owed the job.......mho though.....

Jimenez is the better 2B HSC.

Miles is good, I like him A LOT, but talent wise and production wise, right now, Jimenez has the lead.

I think Miles should be considered, but in no way is he clearly better than Jimenez as you suggest.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Jimenez is the better 2B HSC.

Miles is good, I like him A LOT, but talent wise and production wise, right now, Jimenez has the lead.

I think Miles should be considered, but in no way is he clearly better than Jimenez as you suggest.

how you figure royce is better than miles .. miles is outhitting him and surely is better defensivly .... royce hasnt got the range factor miles has.. surely you saw that this past week........and the back factor plays in here too.. its been acting up on royce so its only a matter of time before it puts him out.....im sorry i disagree with you here on this one ... miles is by far the better productive player....... i stand firm on that........