Reds Sign Top Pick Bailey

SoxAce

Reds sign Bailey

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- The Cincinnati Reds signed first-round pick pitcher Homer Bailey to a contract Monday. As per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The 18-year-old Bailey was chosen with the seventh overall pick in June's first-year player draft.

Last season while playing with La Grange High School in Texas, Bailey was a sensational 15-0 with a 0.68 ERA and 201 strikeouts in only 92 2/3 innings.

Bailey compiled an overall mark of 41-4 with a 0.98 ERA in his high-school career and was named USA Today's High School Player of the Year last season.

Does anyone know if Jared Weaver was also signed. I tried looking to see how he's doing, but I couldnt find anything.. I'm also trying to find the picks that were signed and which has yet/didnt sign. BTW, the Reds now have a stud in their hands.. :)

Weaver has not signed yet. The Angels seem to be careful with him and have indicated that they will pony up the money to sign him, but aren't in a hurry at this point.

They are likely going to sit him the rest of the year, since he was worked hard in college ball.

Weaver has not signed yet.  The Angels seem to be careful with him and have indicated that they will pony up the money to sign him, but aren't in a hurry at this point. 

They are likely going to sit him the rest of the year, since he was worked hard in college ball.

So much for that late season boost with Weaver then. :lol:

I'm also trying to find the picks that were signed and which has yet/didnt sign.

Go here to find all who have signed and not signed (Yes, it's a Baseball America link, but you don't have to pay for the info): Draft Picks

So far, 9 1st rounders have yet to sign. 5 of the 9 were picked in the Top 10, and Weaver and Drew are Top 10 talents who got picked at #12 and 15, and they haven't signed either.

Go here to find all who have signed and not signed (Yes, it's a Baseball America link, but you don't have to pay for the info):  Draft Picks

So far, 9 1st rounders have yet to sign. 5 of the 9 were picked in the Top 10, and Weaver and Drew are Top 10 talents who got picked at #12 and 15, and they haven't signed either.

Thanx dasox!! :headbang