music

hi8is

QUOTE(bmags @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:09 AM)
i can think of a billion reasons to refuse to perform on the view.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ May 25, 2006 -> 06:39 AM)
I would only perform on the View if it was the theme song live.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 25, 2006 -> 09:05 AM)
perform what and on who? :D

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 25, 2006 -> 09:11 AM)
The only reason I can think of to perform on the View is the fact that Elisabeth Hasselbach is on the show.

Oooooh you guys are too funny. ;)

I know there are reasons that we wouldnt go on the View. But I am just curious why a chick band like the Dixie Chicks would refuse this. And on top of that, they pissed off the hostesses of the view while rejecting it, so there must have been something said. Are any of the View hostesses outspoken Bush supporters? Not that 99% of Soxtalk would know the answer to that question...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 25, 2006 -> 06:43 PM)
Oooooh you guys are too funny. ;)

I know there are reasons that we wouldnt go on the View. But I am just curious why a chick band like the Dixie Chicks would refuse this. And on top of that, they pissed off the hostesses of the view while rejecting it, so there must have been something said. Are any of the View hostesses outspoken Bush supporters? Not that 99% of Soxtalk would know the answer to that question...

hasselback is the most disgusting bush apologist i've ever seen...

QUOTE(bmags @ May 25, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)

I could deal with that from her. If thats her fault, i could handle that. ;)

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 25, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
So, I was driving home this morning and I heard My Hero by the Foo Fighters and remembered how much I liked that song.

Carry on.

I like Dave Grohl, (even though bmags will probably tell you it's cool to say you hate him. :P)

he's one of those guys who just seems to live and exude rock n roll. I also think he's a kick as drummer and a decent vocalist/song writer.

its cool to say you hate dave grohl because he's popular and i only listen to obscure icelandic ambient sounds made by strangled cats.

soxtalk opinion:

The Dismemberment Plan

QUOTE(bmags @ May 25, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)
its cool to say you hate dave grohl because he's popular and i only listen to obscure icelandic ambient sounds made by strangled cats.

soxtalk opinion:

The Dismemberment Plan

Maaaaaaaan, the strangled cats have TOTALLY sold out!!! I remember seeing them in a dirty, smelly alley back in the DAY, and there were only 4 fans there, and two of them were the OTHER cats' girlfriends!

NOW they're playing big roomy parks, in broad daylight, and all kinds of KIDS are watching them. They have totally lost their cred.....f***in' sellouts, maaaaaan, that's what they are.......

Now if you want to hear something REAL, there's this one-winged, legless pigeon down the block!! Now THAT bird can sing!!!

[/green]

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 25, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
Maaaaaaaan, the strangled cats have TOTALLY sold out!!! I remember seeing them in a dirty, smelly alley back in the DAY, and there were only 4 fans there, and two of them were the OTHER cats' girlfriends!

NOW they're playing big roomy parks, in broad daylight, and all kinds of KIDS are watching them. They have totally lost their cred.....f***in' sellouts, maaaaaan, that's what they are.......

Now if you want to hear something REAL, there's this one-winged, legless pigeon down the block!! Now THAT bird can sing!!!

[/green]

wow TC, that's so wierd it MUST be good.

QUOTE(bmags @ May 25, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)

Wow besides gawking at her for two second intervals I have never actually noticed she can speak. Who knew???

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 25, 2006 -> 05:17 PM)
I like Dave Grohl, (even though bmags will probably tell you it's cool to say you hate him. :P)

he's one of those guys who just seems to live and exude rock n roll. I also think he's a kick as drummer and a decent vocalist/song writer.

David Grohl! I respect the hell out of his drumming, he's pretty damned good. Not really a fan of his vocalist/song writing stuff, but he was great with Nirvana on the drums (and various other bands; I think he played the drums for Probot, Tenacious D on a few songs, and some others)

QUOTE(DePloderer @ May 27, 2006 -> 05:53 AM)
Van Morrison is the MAN.

As you were.

This is very true :) :cheers

QUOTE(Felix @ May 27, 2006 -> 06:14 AM)
David Grohl! I respect the hell out of his drumming, he's pretty damned good. Not really a fan of his vocalist/song writing stuff, but he was great with Nirvana on the drums (and various other bands; I think he played the drums for Probot, Tenacious D on a few songs, and some others)

This is very true :) :cheers

recently he did the drum tracks for Nine Inch Nails "With Teeth" and he has done the last two albums for Queens of the StoneAge as well. Dave Grohl keeps very busy, thats for sure

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 27, 2006 -> 07:48 AM)
recently he did the drum tracks for Nine Inch Nails "With Teeth" and he has done the last two albums for Queens of the StoneAge as well. Dave Grohl keeps very busy, thats for sure

Queens of the Stone Age.. thats the other band that I knew he played with. Didn't know that he did the drums for Nine Inch Nails though.. one wonders where he gets time for all of this :P

QUOTE(Felix @ May 27, 2006 -> 06:50 AM)
Queens of the Stone Age.. thats the other band that I knew he played with. Didn't know that he did the drums for Nine Inch Nails though.. one wonders where he gets time for all of this :P

I read that he did the tracks for the entire NIN album, and when i listened I could really tell. Very different from their past drummers

Too lazy to go back into the thread. Anyone check out Kool Keith's new joint 'Project Polaroid'? His best work since Dr Octagon IMO. He actually rhymes with a good flow. Unlike the gibberish in other recent albums.

I was looking for an un-official band of Laguna Station, the Boy Scout Camp I manage on South Padre Island. Found them! Dread Zeppelin, who can resist a reggae band that plays Led Zepplin covers with a lead singer that thinks he's Elvis Presley :cheers :lolhitting

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 28, 2006 -> 11:03 AM)
I was looking for an un-official band of Laguna Station, the Boy Scout Camp I manage on South Padre Island. Found them! Dread Zeppelin, who can resist a reggae band that plays Led Zepplin covers with a lead singer that thinks he's Elvis Presley :cheers :lolhitting

Those guys are fun. If you really wanna be entertained, give Lez Zeppelin a listen.

The new AFI = X3: The Last Stand....FTL. I've been huge AFI fan since "answer that and stay fashionable" and i really liked their last release "sing the sorrow" but this...this is utter crap; an abomination. Glenn Danzig and Jeff Pezzati would be turing over in their respective graves if they were dead.

QUOTE(beautox @ May 30, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
The new AFI = X3: The Last Stand....FTL. I've been huge AFI fan since "answer that and stay fashionable" and i really liked their last release "sing the sorrow" but this...this is utter crap; an abomination. Glenn Danzig and Jeff Pezzati would be turing over in their respective graves if they were dead.

When I heard 'Miss Murder', it hardly sounded like Davey at all. What's your biggest gripe with this release?