music

hi8is

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really liked ben kweller when sha sha came out. It really was one of those high school albums. BUt man his last two albums have been beyond disappointing. The new one i could barely get through. except for this is war, that was a goodie

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 08:30 PM)
has anyone picked up the Lily Allen album I keep hearing about?

I refere you to the above, it's good.

Did you know that her Dad, Keith Allen used to be part of the Comic Strip, is now a mainstream actor over here, appeared on Park Life video, wrote and performed with New Order on World In Motion and as Fat Les released Vindaloo, he even had a part in Trainspotting.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 12:45 PM)
I refere you to the above, it's good.

Did you know that her Dad, Keith Allen used to be part of the Comic Strip, is now a mainstream actor over here, appeared on Park Life video, wrote and performed with New Order on World In Motion and as Fat Les released Vindaloo, he even had a part in Trainspotting.

I did not know that. Her album isn't even available here on iTunes - have to DL it elsewhere. I have to admit I have a soft spot in my heart for British pop music. There was a McFly song on the last Now comp that I got that is quite good. How is their album?

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 09:31 PM)
There was a McFly song on the last Now comp that I got that is quite good. How is their album?

Lightweight but uplifting. I have taken the piss out of my daughter about them for months, if she read this my life wouldn't be worth living!

yo all

this be my s*** i hit everyday

gimme some nas, jay z, j-live, mos def, method man, rza, gza, the whole wu tang, gangstarr, cyne, mc juice, sean price, vakill, jakki da motamouth, the roots, talib kweli, list goes on my n****s, but thats what i hit

QUOTE(bmags @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 11:10 AM)
i really liked ben kweller when sha sha came out. It really was one of those high school albums. BUt man his last two albums have been beyond disappointing. The new one i could barely get through. except for this is war, that was a goodie

This is war is awesome. I've just been listening to various things of Kweller and I give him credit for kind of going with the classic rock genre. Some of his songs are a bit poppy but its still a nice change of pace, imo.

anyone ever heard of ludo?

i heard of 'em through the gf and they put on a great show. I saw them at the metro last weekend.

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 07:53 PM)
yo all

this be my s*** i hit everyday

gimme some nas, jay z, j-live, mos def, method man, rza, gza, the whole wu tang, gangstarr, cyne, mc juice, sean price, vakill, jakki da motamouth, the roots, talib kweli, list goes on my n****s, but thats what i hit

G

This is a very striking song to me.

why do you treat me this way?

and why do you try so hard to break my spirit?

i think someone was mean to you when you were little,

that's what i think.

i think someone was mean to you.

why do you cling to such petty points of contention?

and why don't you allow one or two small victories now and then?

i think someone was mean to you when you didn't deserve it,

that's what i think.

but i, i am not that guy.

can you get that straight?

i am a completely different person

from the one you have in mind.

why do you stand by the things you say long after

you don't mean to hurt anybody anymore?

i think someone was mean to you

for a long, long time, that's what i think.

I love the Mountain Goats.

I haven't been able to take the following albums out of my CD player recently

Brother Ali - Shadows on the Sun

Brother Ali - Champion EP

Macklemore - The Language of My World

Jello Biafra and Mojo Nixon - Prairie Home Invasion

And a two disc set of Bob Marley and the Wailers hits. Surprisingly, the kids I teach really like Bob Marley tunes when I play them -- they get time to work in class, so I play some tunes while they work. It's ranged from Coltrane, Davis, Hooker to Marley so far.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 01:54 AM)
I have been listening to alot of Brand New, On, Failure, Led Zeppelin, a little ELO, and some I am Kloot.

:)

Brand New's latest album is great. Lot of good songs on there.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 02:34 PM)
i don't know. I put on the new one, and then it just kind of reminds me to listen to deja entendu.

The new one took me a little while. I really like Millstone and Archers, quality stuff. They dial it back a notch every album though, it sounds nothing like thier first album.