music

hi8is

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Mar 4, 2007 -> 10:55 PM)
It's a good album.

I've held out from downloading the leak, but thats what I've heard. The reviews I've seen have been unanimously positive (with the exception of rolling stone), but nobody is hailing it as a masterpiece

I'm not really convinced they could ever come out with an album as good as Funeral anyways, so its atleast good that their 2nd effort is still good

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 4, 2007 -> 11:12 PM)
i'm going to hold out and not d/l wilco.

that is one leak that I didn't hold out on since theres so much time to wait for the official release

there is really a completely different sound for the band in this album

its very light and mellow, but I'm still trying to decide if thats a good thing for me

The Wilco feels very safe and comfortable to me

the songs are good, but its not a challenging album by any means

on one end its disappointing to see the band kind of not push themselves that much, they have plenty of room to be more progressive in their next album

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Mar 4, 2007 -> 11:21 PM)
I've held out from downloading the leak, but thats what I've heard. The reviews I've seen have been unanimously positive (with the exception of rolling stone), but nobody is hailing it as a masterpiece

I'm not really convinced they could ever come out with an album as good as Funeral anyways, so its atleast good that their 2nd effort is still good

that is one leak that I didn't hold out on since theres so much time to wait for the official release

there is really a completely different sound for the band in this album

its very light and mellow, but I'm still trying to decide if thats a good thing for me

FWIW

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/music/reviews...ire-neon-bible/

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 09:38 AM)
SEASICK STEVE RULES!!!

www.seasicksteve.com

Another prime example of how this country has it's head soooo far up its butt in the ways of music! Why the hell this stuff is not available in the US is beyond me!

so......................

...............you're a fan?

:D

God I can't tell you how much I despise that Red Jumpsuit Apparatus "Face Down" song.

Lyrically the message seems so forced, like some abuse groups paid them off to write the thing. It couldnt be more on point and blunt. Which is fine for a poster or something "Do you feel like a man when you push her around?" It sounds like the phrase from a poster, but as lyrics to a song? C'mon. You're supposed to be a musicain and lyricist, you're supposed to be more metaphorical and vauge, beside the fact that the verse doesnt set up the chorus or vice versa. It's almost like they wrote the lyrics specifically for kids to put them on their myspace page.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 10:38 AM)
SEASICK STEVE RULES!!!

www.seasicksteve.com

Another prime example of how this country has it's head soooo far up its butt in the ways of music! Why the hell this stuff is not available in the US is beyond me!

Good stuff that.

love the reference to "3-String Chance Guitar" almost as much as I love the guitar itself. Mercy! :headbang :headbang

seasickstevesu4.jpg

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 09:38 AM)
SEASICK STEVE RULES!!!

www.seasicksteve.com

Wow. First I've heard of him. Love what I've heard so far. Any way to get his stuff here?

Edited by StrangeSox

There's Killers fans here...especially The Critic. He even has the glow-in-the-dark tapestry print of the bands early promo pics. It's pretty cool. Just creepy that he hangs it above his bed.

My wife actually bought the second Killers album way becack before Christmas. It's sitting on our dresser...un-opened. I have no idea why it is still sitting there.

More things I hate:

Pain, without love

Pain, I can't get enough

Pain, I like it rough

'Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all

Well what should I expect from the band that brought us "I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU!!111!!"

Just so it doesnt seem like I only post about music I hate:

I've been listening to a lot of Fantastic Planet from Failure, so very good.