music

hi8is

tool, dredg, opeth, the mars volta, system of a down, bjork, godspeed you black emperor, rage against the machine, incubus, the roots, nin, pantera, dave matthews, jack johnson, animal collective, pink floyd, tupac, sigur ros

im sure im forgetin some, but who do you all like?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tool, dredg, opeth, the mars volta, system of a down, bjork, godspeed you black emperor, rage against the machine, incubus, the roots, nin, pantera, dave matthews, jack johnson, animal collective, pink floyd, tupac, sigur ros

What a kawinky-dink :ph34r:

I just started a cheesy 80's thread :D

I can name a list 50 deep of my fav bands..on your list I llove Rage..and system of a down

I love Pearl jam..NIN..korn...I like Linkin park..

shhesh..I can name a ton

To all the LP Fans.. :headbang

My list:

Rock (any type)

Linkin Park (of course) Metallica, System of a Down, The Used, Slipknot, Korn, RHCP, Yellowcard, Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit (their old songs), Fuel, Sevendust, Story of the Year, Atreyu, etc.. etc.. etc.. (I like a TON)

I'm also a big fan of rap (moreso than rock) but that's another story :D

Speaking of Taking Back Sunday...saw them at Warped tour this past tuesday in Milwaukee. They were AMAZING. Very good performers and their lead singer is borderline insane.

I say this because the stage had a roof (it was like a big trailer that folded open into a stage) and the lead singer climbed the stage, across the rafters and hung upside down as he sang the rest of "Cute Without the 'E'" It was INSANE, about 15-20 ft off the ground.

Anyways, TBS = great band; one of my current favs. And Chisoxfn the album has been "out" (downloaded it) for about a month and it's great. I plan on purchasing it, don't worry, and you can listen to it on mtv.com if you want to this week.

Swingin' Utters, Strung Out, Millencolin, Snuff, Flogging Molly, Bracket, Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio, Suicide Machines, Social Distortion, Rancid, RCHP, Creedence, Hendrix, Thorogood, Clapton, Deep Purple, Phil Ochs, Less Than Jake (waning though), Mad Caddies, JS & the Mescaleros, Impossibles, Hot Water Music, Goldfinger, Sugarcult, Vandals....stop me if you've heard of half of them. :P

Speaking of Taking Back Sunday...saw them at Warped tour this past tuesday in Milwaukee. They were AMAZING. Very good performers and their lead singer is borderline insane.

I say this because the stage had a roof (it was like a big trailer that folded open into a stage) and the lead singer climbed the stage, across the rafters and hung upside down as he sang the rest of "Cute Without the 'E'" It was INSANE, about 15-20 ft off the ground.

Anyways, TBS = great band; one of my current favs. And Chisoxfn the album has been "out" (downloaded it) for about a month and it's great. I plan on purchasing it, don't worry, and you can listen to it on mtv.com if you want to this week.

I heard most of the songs already, but isn't it out for purchase on the 27th?

How insane was their mosh pit at the warped tour. I ended up seeing the 2nd day at Cal State Fullerton. Got to see Alk Trio, Thursday, NOFX and tons of others. It was a pretty f***ing awesome show. I think its the best concert I've ever been do. Great bands 24/7. It made it better cause I thought I was going to miss it (had finals on the 1st day, when I originally had tickets) and then found out it was 2 days and was able to sell my tickets and pick up ones for the new one. :headbang

Dude, warped tour is amazing...great music all day. My only beef is that there are too many bands. Funny as it may sound, it screws the good ones because they only get to play 30 min or less sets.

Still it was all good and I got to see some great bands, TBS, yellowcard, Alkaline Trio to name a few.

As a result I also gained a hatred for Story of the Year...man do they suck live.

I didn't listen to them. The one thing I didn't like was it was hard to catch all the bands. Their were a few times I had to choose which band to hear.

I agree with you on how they had to keep the shows shorter. It was pretty awesome though, plus I didn't even have to pay for parking cause I could use my schools parking pass, hehe.

Their were a few bands where I was just like god do these guys blow. I also missed Bad Religion which kind of dissapointed me. I was always a fan of theirs as a kid.

Shinedown (I even liked them before they were big), 3 Doors Down (or is it 2 doors up... sorry I know I'm gay, but I had to do that), New Found Glory, Yellowcard, Dashboard Confessional, Tantric, Jet, Saliva, Jason Mraz, Mase, Lost Prophets, Tom Petty; You know what, I listen to everything so my list could go on and on and on..... Basically, I like everything except for Classical, most bluegrass, and the blues. Hell, I even love listening to old t.v./cartoon theme songs. Right now I've got on the Fraggle Rock theme song, and coming up next on a playlist I've got going are the Captain Planet, Smurfs, Darkwing Duck, Tale Spin, Teenage Mutan Ninja Turtles, Salute Your Shorts, and Goof Troops theme songs.

I listen to basically anything that's not classical or country.

Favorite all time song: "More than a feeling" - Boston

Favorite current song: "I am the Highway" - Audioslave

And Goldmember mentioned V-Shaped Mind!!! Wow!!! There are seriously only a few people who have heard of that band. A great band from Decatur, they have played on the ISU campus in local band shows. "Monsters under the bed, under the bed...bashing your head...somebody tell me...please tell me who's got my back."

Oh ya and of course one of my personal favorites Yellowcard..s*** were they awesome live.  But I agree with you on Taking Back Sunday, great stage presence, but I can't say enough how insane the pit was.

Gotta love the Yellowcard...one of my favs as well. However, I wasn't all that impressed with them live, they were decent but I thought TBS and Alkaline Trio blew them away. Yellowcard was defintely in the top tier of bands there and you could tell the difference in quality between them and the lower-tier bands, but I thought they would be better. Maybe it was the short set or the fact that I wanted to hear more of their old stuff, so I guess I'll have to see them again.

Btw, if anyone knows of Death Cab for Cutie they're one of my favorite bands and one of the best bands I've seen live. I highly reccomend them and their newest album: transatlanticism.

Gotta love the Yellowcard...one of my favs as well. However, I wasn't all that impressed with them live, they were decent but I thought TBS and Alkaline Trio blew them away. Yellowcard was defintely in the top tier of bands there and you could tell the difference in quality between them and the lower-tier bands, but I thought they would be better. Maybe it was the short set or the fact that I wanted to hear more of their old stuff, so I guess I'll have to see them again.

Btw, if anyone knows of Death Cab for Cutie they're one of my favorite bands and one of the best bands I've seen live. I highly reccomend them and their newest album: transatlanticism.

holy f***...you are the first person I know thats heard of Death Cab for Cutie. Great stuff. I like their old stuff a lot but Transformention (or whatever its called) was pretty good...although I only have a few of their songs...cd was always pretty expensive.

I thought Yellowcard was great, but ya Alk Trio was really good live. I had heard Alk sucks live, but they definately had a lot of energy when I saw them. I think Yellowcard was really pumped, I hear they really step it up anytime they get to play in OC and SoCal in general.

Speaking of Death Cab, I don't know if the stie is still like it, but a few months ago they let you listen to most of their stuff and even save some of it. Thats how I have grabbed some of their stuff. Don't know if the site is still that way. Last time I was on their was just around when they were releasing their new cd and they had a few songs available from it.