music

hi8is

QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 07:19 AM)
Weezer is such a fun show. Not cause the band has a huge presence on stage or anything, but because the crowd will sing along to every song. It's so awesome to be in that kind of environment. Plus they'll bring their big W.

LOL, yep Geek rock at it's finest.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to Soldier Field to see the Rolling Stones when they are coming into town. **

**tentatively, if my Dad happens to catch on with a girlfriend by that time, my ticket is forfeited. I understand though. ;)

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
Death Cab's new album comes out on Tuesday.  I heard a couple of their new songs at a show in San Diego a few weeks ago and am pumped for the new album.

i don't want to be a bearer of bad news...but i got an advance...and...well, this is not a step forward or backward...its just a poor poor, seemingly forced album. There are sparce creative moments...yeah...

that sucks about the stones...i might be able to see andrew bird over november break

Contrary to my Resident Metal Head tag I've been listening to a lot of Fall Out Boy and Alkaline Trio lately.

But I got a couple of kick ass shows coming up:

October 30 - Meshuggah, The Haunted, and God Forbid

September 26 - Unearth and the Dillinger Escape Plan

Those are two amazing line-ups. The only problem with the second show listed is that the closest place they're playing to me is the House of Blues in Anaheim. I hate the O.C., but my love for those two bands will overcome :P

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 12:43 AM)
Modest Mouse

I'm probably way behind. I know. But better late than never.

one can never be too far behind with them...just get moon and antarctica and your hooked, then you'll get lonesome crowded west and be fascinated, then you'll get long drive and be addicted and calm, then youll get building nothing out of something and hardcore, then you'll get good news and be dissappointed. But the back catalogue is sooo good...

and if you do like good news, check out wolf parades lp - apologies to the queen mary in september, isaac brock produced it....

BTW, new broken social scene = pretty darn good.

QUOTE(Cali @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
Contrary to my Resident Metal Head tag I've been listening to a lot of Fall Out Boy and Alkaline Trio lately.

But I got a couple of kick ass shows coming up:

October 30 - Meshuggah, The Haunted, and God Forbid

September 26 - Unearth and the Dillinger Escape Plan

Those are two amazing line-ups. The only problem with the second show listed is that the closest place they're playing to me is the House of Blues in Anaheim. I hate the O.C., but my love for those two bands will overcome  :P

Wow, I'm impressed and Fall Out Boy/Alk rock :cheers

About a month ago I went to see Tom Petty and The Black Crowes. Mostly The Black Crowes. Although it was enjoyable, an opening slot is always kinda lame because of the shorter set time and poor sound etc.

Well, The Crowes will be back. This time to The Riv...on Halloween night. I got a few tickets and it totally made my weekend!

Also gonna see The Brian Jonestown Massacre at the Metro in 2 weeks.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)
About a month ago I went to see Tom Petty and The Black Crowes. Mostly The Black Crowes. Although it was enjoyable, an opening slot is always kinda lame because of the shorter set time and poor sound etc.

Well, The Crowes will be back. This time to The Riv...on Halloween night. I got a few tickets and it totally made my weekend!

Also gonna see The Brian Jonestown Massacre at the Metro in 2 weeks.

ssweet...i loved that doc "dig"...i really didn't listen to them until then, i'd been a dandy warhols fan for a while...

i first read that as tom petty with the black crowes as like his new backing band

QUOTE(bmags @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
ssweet...i loved that doc "dig"...i really didn't listen to them until then, i'd been a dandy warhols fan for a while...

i first read that as tom petty with the black crowes as like his new backing band

Yeah TBJM is still underground, which is just fine with me.

NO, thank God. The Crowes opening for Petty was a joke. No way could I see them as his backing band.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:33 AM)
Yeah TBJM is still underground, which is just fine with me.

NO, thank God. The Crowes opening for Petty was a joke.  No way could I see them as his backing band.

yeah, i kinda thought they broke up...i was suprised to see their name...

QUOTE(bmags @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
yeah, i kinda thought they broke up...i was suprised to see their name...

Not sure which band you were referring to. TBJM has had a lot of member changes and taken a few breaks. The Crowes have also had a few member changes and broke up for like 4 years. But they're BACK baby. I'm sure Kid Gleason is ecstatic. ;)

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
Not sure which band you were referring to.  TBJM has had a lot of member changes and taken a few breaks. The Crowes have also had a few member changes and broke up for like 4 years. But they're BACK baby.      I'm sure Kid Gleason is ecstatic. ;)

i was talkin about the black crowes...

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 06:39 AM)
Not sure which band you were referring to.  TBJM has had a lot of member changes and taken a few breaks. The Crowes have also had a few member changes and broke up for like 4 years. But they're BACK baby.      I'm sure Kid Gleason is ecstatic. ;)

Hey man, I got nothing really against the Crowes. If they were to become the biggest band in history I would be cool with that. I just prefer their roots to what they have done with them, that's all. But I would NEVER in a million years fault anybody for liking a straight up RnR band, and I would NEVER in a million years hope for anything bad to happen to a band that could maybe bring REAL RnR back onto the airwaves. I just wish more of their fans would pay attention to the past bands that influenced them.

QUOTE(bmags @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)

Are you pumped about "The odditorium...." which is coming out next month? I thought that the Warhols were awesome when they came out, and have gotten progressively better each album. I still havent seen them live, but they seem like they would be really fun.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
Are you pumped about "The odditorium...." which is coming out next month? I thought that the Warhols were awesome when they came out, and have gotten progressively better each album. I still havent seen them live, but they seem like they would be really fun.

i already have it and its very good, very poppy...down like disco is quite good...awesome shoe-gaze rock...

spoon, BRMC, and dandy warhols all put out real nice rock and roll records this year...

QUOTE(bmags @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 11:21 AM)
i already have it and its very good, very poppy...down like disco is quite good...awesome shoe-gaze rock...

spoon, BRMC, and dandy warhols all put out real nice rock and roll records this year...

The Warhols definitely have a disco-rock feel about them

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 10:16 AM)
Hey man, I got nothing really against the Crowes. If they were to become the biggest band in history I would be cool with that. I just prefer their roots to what they have done with them, that's all. But I would NEVER in a million years fault anybody for liking a straight up RnR band, and I would NEVER in a million years hope for anything bad to happen to a band that could maybe bring REAL RnR back onto the airwaves. I just wish more of their fans would pay attention to the past bands that influenced them.

I hope you knew I was just bustin' your balls. (Can I still say that?) I agree with you and feel the same way about a few other bands. I don't know what conversatiions you've had with Crowes fans, but all the ones I know are WELL aware of rock n roll history.

:cheers

I'm off to listen to (the-not-at-all-influenced-by-the-Beatles) Oasis and The Redwalls. ;)

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 10:04 AM)
Yea baby!!! Scored row BBB pit tickets at the Auditorium Theater for Rob Thomas!!!  :cheers

Good grief.. I thought I, at the very least, would get some crap about this one.. :lolhitting