music

hi8is

Murry is cool. He was the last one to get back to the stage after the audience run through. During one song they go into the audience to meet the kids and sign stuff. They all got back on stage for the next song, EXCEPT FOR MURRY WHO STAYED OUT WITH EVERYBODY AND SHOOK HANDS SOME MORE!!! HOW EXCITING IS THAT!?!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
Murry is cool. He was the last one to get back to the stage after the audience run through. During one song they go into the audience to meet the kids and sign stuff. They all got back on stage for the next song, EXCEPT FOR MURRY WHO STAYED OUT WITH EVERYBODY AND SHOOK HANDS SOME MORE!!! HOW EXCITING IS THAT!?!

Is Murry the hot one?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 12:05 PM)
I wouldn't know that. He is the red shirt. I would guess that Greg is the one most called "hot". The blue shirt guy.  :huh

Nah, Jeff (purple shirt) is definitely the hottie of the group. Aside from the fact that he has the facial features of a fetus in formaldehyde, that is. ;)

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
Nah, Jeff (purple shirt) is definitely the hottie of the group.  Aside from the fact that he has the facial features of a fetus in formaldehyde, that is.  ;)

But he is always sleeping man.

Funny story I have heard. I guess Jeff has had to move his house numerous times in Australia. I guess people have been driving into his driveway at 2 in thr morning, honking the horn, and screaming "WAKE UP JEFF"!!! LOL!

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
But he is always sleeping man.

Funny story I have heard. I guess Jeff has had to move his house numerous times in Australia. I guess people have been driving into his driveway at 2 in thr morning, honking the horn, and screaming "WAKE UP JEFF"!!! LOL!

My kids scream "WAKE UP JEFF!!!" whenever I pretend to be asleep when I'm playing with them. The funny thing is that they have been doing this for a couple of years and really have been out of the Wiggles for a while, so they really have to think back to even remember where the reference came from.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
Tell me you have the Common CD as well...absolutely spectacular album.

Yessir.

I'd have to say "Chi-city" and the performance of "The food" from the Chapelle show are my 2 favorite tracks on that one. I like that Kanye's all over this one too.

i don't really have an ear for rap but i got an advance of the kanye for other people and they were pretty polarized by it...i didn't quite have an opinion, it seemed rather enjoyable...

the only hip hop i really listen to is saul williams and the roots

Usually when people tell me that a record is a 'must have' I stay the hell away from it, cuz it's bound to suck.......err I mean, it's usually not to my liking. 'Separation Sunday' by 'The Hold Steady' is one of the few the exceptions. I resisted this record forever and finally picked it up.

Solid disc beginning to end, will probably go see them next month.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
Usually when people tell me that a record is a 'must have' I stay the hell away from it, cuz it's bound to suck.......err I mean, it's usually not to my liking.    'Separation Sunday' by 'The Hold Steady' is one of the few the exceptions. I resisted this record forever and finally picked it up.

Solid disc beginning to end, will probably go see them next month.

:headbang they are coming to mizzou with the constantines ergo...it should be the greatest show ever...constantines live are ridiculous plus the hold steady and i'm sooo excited...i nut myself when i saw that flyer...

QUOTE(bmags @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
:headbang they are coming to mizzou with the constantines ergo...it should be the greatest show ever...constantines live are ridiculous plus the hold steady and i'm sooo excited...i nut myself when i saw that flyer...

They don't have quite the same effect on me, but ummm, I like em too. :headbang

The strange processes of my brain:

Im listening to my Ipod, and the song "Dead Souls" by Nine Inch Nails(on The Crow soundtrack) comes on. Its one of my favorites, and I remembered that it was a cover from a late 70's band called Joy Division, and that the lead singer had died somehow. So naturally i googled Joy Division to get the story on the band. Much to my surprise, I found out that when the lead singer of Joy Division died in 1980, the remaining members stayed together and became New Order. You find out something new and cool every day. I have been a New Order fan for quite some time, and I had no idea of the connection to Joy Division.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)

Im listening to my Ipod, and the song "Dead Souls" by Nine Inch Nails(on The Crow soundtrack) comes on.  Its one of my favorites, and I remembered that it was a cover from a late 70's band called Joy Division, and that the lead singer had died somehow. So naturally i googled Joy Division to get the story on the band.  Much to my surprise, I found out that when the lead singer of Joy Division died in 1980, the remaining members stayed together and became New Order. You find out something new and cool every day. I have been a New Order fan for quite some time, and I had no idea of the connection to Joy Division.

Youngins. :headshake , :P

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 06:21 PM)

Im listening to my Ipod, and the song "Dead Souls" by Nine Inch Nails(on The Crow soundtrack) comes on.  Its one of my favorites, and I remembered that it was a cover from a late 70's band called Joy Division, and that the lead singer had died somehow. So naturally i googled Joy Division to get the story on the band.  Much to my surprise, I found out that when the lead singer of Joy Division died in 1980, the remaining members stayed together and became New Order. You find out something new and cool every day. I have been a New Order fan for quite some time, and I had no idea of the connection to Joy Division.

go get 24 hour party people...I love ian curtis' voice/lyrics, i like new order, but i absolutely love joy division, closer and unknown pleasures are just awesome...'love will tear us apart' is prolly one of the best songs ever...it kind of gets annoying how praised they are in some circles because some people feel every band post 1980 ripped off joy division ...i hate those people...

anyways...i'm pretty excited to see the hold steady but the constantines live...really is just amazing.

QUOTE(bmags @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
go get 24 hour party people...I love ian curtis' voice/lyrics, i like new order, but i absolutely love joy division, closer and unknown pleasures are just awesome...'love will tear us apart' is prolly one of the best songs ever...it kind of gets annoying how praised they are in some circles because some people feel every band post 1980 ripped off joy division ...i hate those people...

anyways...i'm pretty excited to see the hold steady but the constantines live...really is just amazing.

....or pick up an Interpol record.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
Hey, im 27.  I was barely 2 when Ian died. 

here is to your "youngins"  :finger  :P

I feel personally attacked, wah. :crying

Kinda related, the other day it hit me that the dude from The Killers sometimes kinda sounds like Robert Smith of The Cure.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
....or pick up an Interpol record.

AHCVHRFHGHGHGHRHRHRHRGHGHGHGHGH...

no, they sound like a bunch of early 80's bands not exclusively Joy division, plus they don't use synthesizers...Patrick wolf sounds like joy division cause he has a deep voice and uses synthesizers sometimes!...no, interpol was an integral part of a scene which influenced interpol but interpol is not joy division 05...and even if they are... i like joy division.

I was -6 when ian curtis committed suicide. That makes me feel old.

haha, in glastonbury(?), when death from above came on early for some other band, the crowd was booing, and the drummer/lead singer said "I gave Ian Curtis a backstage pass and he didn't show up...he's soooo dead" .... i found it funny....

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
I feel personally attacked, wah. :crying

Kinda related, the other day it hit me that the dude from The Killers sometimes kinda sounds like Robert Smith of The Cure.

Definitely. The killers have a very 80's feel about their music. My favorite song of theirs was on a single, "The Ballad of Michael Valentine". I really like their album "Hot Fuss", but I have no idea how they could leave "Valentine" off of that album.

QUOTE(bmags @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
AHCVHRFHGHGHGHRHRHRHRGHGHGHGHGH...

no, they sound like a bunch of early 80's bands not exclusively Joy division, plus they don't use synthesizers...Patrick wolf sounds like joy division cause he has a deep voice and uses synthesizers sometimes!...no, interpol was an integral part of a scene which influenced interpol but interpol is not joy division 05...and even if they are... i like joy division.

I was -6 when ian curtis committed suicide. That makes me feel old.

haha, in glastonbury(?), when death from above came on early for some other band, the crowd was booing, and the drummer/lead singer said "I gave Ian Curtis a backstage pass and he didn't show up...he's soooo dead" .... i found it funny....

LOL, Joy Division and Interpol fans hate that comparison. I like JD and really like Interpol.