music

hi8is

Classic Rock Artists/Rappers are featured throughout:

Doors, Clapton (Yardbirds/Cream/Solo), Animals, Byrds, Steve Miller Band, Peter Frampton, Beatles, Van Morrison (Them/Solo), Yes, Pink Floyd, Neil Young, Crosby/Stills/Nash, Hendrix, Jackson Brown, Foreigner, Chicago, Jethro Tull, Guess Who, Ludacris, Fabolous, N.E.R.D., Outkast, Trick Daddy, Cam'ron

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 10, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
Classic Rock Artists/Rappers are featured throughout:

Doors, Clapton (Yardbirds/Cream/Solo), Animals, Byrds, Steve Miller Band, Peter Frampton, Beatles, Van Morrison (Them/Solo), Yes, Pink Floyd, Neil Young, Crosby/Stills/Nash, Hendrix, Jackson Brown, Foreigner, Chicago, Jethro Tull, Guess Who, Ludacris, Fabolous, N.E.R.D., Outkast, Trick Daddy, Cam'ron

The front of your list makes me wonder how those guys at the back made the cut...

Slayer, Sepultura, Cannibal Corpse, Cryptopsy, Deicide, Exodus, Celtic Frost, Old school metallica, megadeth, 2pac,eminem, Crucial Conflict, lil jon &; the eastside boyz, The Game, Snoop Dogg, Crime Mob, Mobb Deep, Dr. Dre, Young Buck, Pitbull, Method Man, Twista.......... :shades

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)
I like pretty much anything but Rap. 

Somehow it doesn't seem like music when all you hear is "f*** this"  "f*** that".

okay dad....

JUST KIDDIN!!! Dont M203 me please!!!! :crying :crying :crying :crying

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Feb 10, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
I like pretty much anything but Rap. 

Somehow it doesn't seem like music when all you hear is "f*** this"  "f*** that".

Or this is how much jewlery I have, these are kinds of cars I own, this is how many b****es I bang, or whatever slang word they turned into a fad and it's just repeated over and over and over again ...Like "Lean Back" "Drop It Like It's hot" etc.

As for me recently, as recent as right now:

The Dillinger Escape Plan "Miss Machine"

Head Automatica "Decadence"

Tool "Aenima"

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)
Wow Heather, I had no clue you liked that type of music. :o

How is teaching going?  I hope you are doing well.

Oh yea! My first two pre-set buttons in my car are set to 94.7 The Zone and Q101. I listen to the Zone's morning show while driving to work every morning. They actually play MUSIC, which is much more than we can say about nearly every other radio station out there that's worth listening to.

Bogan's been treating me rather well this year. I couldn't ask for much better.

QUOTE(Heather Lee @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 07:28 AM)
Oh yea!  My first two pre-set buttons in my car are set to 94.7 The Zone and Q101.  I listen to the Zone's morning show while driving to work every morning.  They actually play MUSIC, which is much more than we can say about nearly every other radio station out there that's worth listening to.

Bogan's been treating me rather well this year.  I couldn't ask for much better.

Great to hear about school. At home I listen to 97.9, 101.1, 95.9, 95.1, 97.1 and i think 96.7.

How is your place and everything? I hope its working out well. I can't wait for the summer to get to some games. I hope I get to see your place and we can go to some games :headbang

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 06:20 AM)
Wow, no one is really underground huh? 

Where's that other thread that had more new release, non radio music going?

Well you'll hardly ever hear the stuff I reccomended so far in this thread, but it is all screamy and the "devil's" music.

Todays wake up call: The Haunted "rEVOLEr"

A little "good morning" from the Swedish Trashers. :headbang

060.jpg

General Patton vs. The X-ecutioners

Crazy little piece of well...craziness.

It's an "album" if you can call it that with Mike Patton(Faith No More, Mr. Bungle) and The X-ecutioners.

The actual songs on the album which are all labeled "Joint Special Operations Tast Force" are really cool. The rest of the songs are basically combonations of the X-men scratching, weird clips and sound effects, clips from war movies etc., and Mike Patton scatting, and beat boxing and generally f***ing with his voice in many insane insane ways. If you know Mike Patton and his work this kind of stuff won't be strange to you, but if you're not used to it, it may take a bit to get used to. All in all it's a fun album to listen to, but mainly for the open minded person.

Still REALLY digging ...

"Time is Running Out" and "Hysteria" by Muse

"Passive" by A Perfect Circle....honestly, that whole CD is f***ing on IMO

"Hot Ride" by Prodigy featuring Juliette Lewis

most anything by Interpol

Velvet Revolver is still rocking out also

New Audioslave this summer!!! :headbang

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 06:39 AM)
Still REALLY digging ...

"Time is Running Out" and "Hysteria" by Muse

"Passive" by A Perfect Circle....honestly, that whole CD is f***ing on IMO

"Hot Ride" by Prodigy featuring Juliette Lewis

most anything by Interpol

Velvet Revolver is still rocking out also

New Audioslave this summer!!!  :headbang

Muse is awful, completely horrible. Someone needs to lecture Bellamy on how not to whine.

QUOTE(winodj @ Jan 31, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
Listening to it right now. And gotta admit that I am a little left lacking. It's not the full album that Discovery is.

Homework > Human After All > Discovery

That's saying a lot considering Discovery is a fine album, but Human After All is obviously geared heavily towards the clubs and I think it's fabulous. The title track "Human After All" is f***ing brilliant, and I love "Steam Machine" and "The Brainwasher".

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 08:06 AM)
Muse is awful, completely horrible. Someone needs to lecture Bellamy on how not to whine.

Can the same guy lecture the Interpol guy on how not to drone? :P

Shockingly enough Muse is one of the very few bands played on the radio that I like. They actually have musical ability and talet, which of course means they won't be very popular for long. If you have talent and you're on the radio they'll weed you out pretty fast. I was surprised at home heavy the song "Stockholm Syndrome" was. The begining drum part is very Dream Theater-esque.

I watch some live video of them when they played the X-mas concert out here and was blow away by their performence. I didn't even know it was only 3 guys in the band, and while he may "whine" (not as bad as your Brand News, New Found Glory's and Coheed and Cambria's) that motherf***er can SHRED. They blew everyone out of the water that played that night, although that nights bands were all pretty weak to begin with...

QUOTE(Cali @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
Can the same guy lecture the Interpol guy on how not to drone?  :P

Shockingly enough Muse is one of the very few bands played on the radio that I like. They actually have musical ability and talet, which of course means they won't be very popular for long. If you have talent and you're on the radio they'll weed you out pretty fast. I was surprised at home heavy the song "Stockholm Syndrome" was. The begining drum part is very Dream Theater-esque.

I watch some live video of them when they played the X-mas concert out here and was blow away by their performence. I didn't even know it was only 3 guys in the band, and while he may "whine" (not as bad as your Brand News, New Found Glory's and Coheed and Cambria's) that motherf***er can SHRED. They blew everyone out of the water that played that night, although that nights bands were all pretty weak to begin with...

Does the Interpol guy kinda sound a little like David Byrne of Talking Heads?

Montgomery Gentry, Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, etc.

Yeah, I'm a country fan (mostly popular modern pop/rock-country, not the fifty year old hick stuff that people stereotype country as) . So sue me. :lol:

ETA one and a half year later: Please ignore me. I was totally stupid when I posted this. Everybody knows that old country > "modern" psuedocountry.

Edited by Sox It To Em