music

hi8is

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Dylan bores me to tears -- Simon Cowell

LOS ANGELES, Jan 11 (Reuters Life!) - Don't expect to see Bob Dylan joining the celebrities on "American Idol" anytime soon.

One of the show's judges, Simon Cowell, says he has never bought a Dylan record because he "bores me to tears."

The British pop impresario says in the February issue of Playboy that he would "plug my ears and run in the other direction" if he were to see a 21-year-old Dylan singing "Blowin' in the Wind."

Cowell, 47, is not known for holding back when it comes to issuing verdicts on the wannabe stars who flock to the top-rated talent show. Last season, he said a female contestant was so fat that the stage should be enlarged, and he suggested that another hopeful should shave his beard and wear a dress.

if(!CMSB_ID){var CMSB_ID=""} CMSB_ID+="011507_MIDART_editorschoice,";document.write('');

On the other hand, he told Playboy that inaugural champ Kelly Clarkson is "a young Aretha Franklin," and he much preferred her music to Dylan's.

:stick idiot

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 01:10 PM)
I heard that Rage is getting back together for the first time since their breakup but are they going to make an album ?

I was just about to post something on that, they're reuniting for Coachella, and many think that this will spark a full on tour from them. Doubt a new album will come out though.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 05:12 PM)
ugh... Rage. Corporate whores.

No cds for me lately, but I love me some Sirius. Great music stations.

Expand on the corporate whores.

Unless of course you're going to b**** about their politically driven music. Which was De La Rocha's goal for the band in the first place. Politically motivated music fueled by heavy beats and lyrics.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 07:31 PM)
Expand on the corporate whores.

Unless of course you're going to b**** about their politically driven music. Which was De La Rocha's goal for the band in the first place. Politically motivated music fueled by heavy beats and lyrics.

I just hope if they do, they just play their old stuff and don't make any new stuff that's horrible like Audioslave's more recent stuff.

(and I wouldn't compare the two, but it's been a while for Rage, so I have to be cautious)

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 24, 2007 -> 03:20 PM)
Subtract the Silly Peppers and I really have no excuse not to go. It's literally 10 mins. from me.

Isnt there more than 2 stages? You can ignore the Silly Peppers and see other stuff. My friends have gone a few times and they say it is unbelieveable.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 24, 2007 -> 10:58 PM)
I recently picked up a 'Queens Greatest Hits' CD and it's playing right now. This is probably the 5th time in my life that I really try to get into them, but just cannot. 'Bicycle Race'?? Are you kidding me??

What am I missing?

Queen is one of those bands where their better stuff is GREAT, and their worse stuff is awful.

Ignore Bicycle Race, Fat Bottomed Girls and stuff like that and listen to stuff like:

Hammer To Fall

A Kind Of Magic

Stone Cold Crazy

Tie Your Mother Down

I Want It All

Headlong

Killer Queen

Somebody To Love

THAT is a Queen playlist I (and I'd think you as well) can get into!

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 25, 2007 -> 07:02 AM)
Queen is one of those bands where their better stuff is GREAT, and their worse stuff is awful.

Ignore Bicycle Race, Fat Bottomed Girls and stuff like that and listen to stuff like:

Hammer To Fall

A Kind Of Magic

Stone Cold Crazy

Tie Your Mother Down

I Want It All

Headlong

Killer Queen

Somebody To Love

"It's Late" off of News Of The World should also be on everybodies playlist.

I personally like "Bicycle Race", but mainly for the music. The guitar riff is killer in that one, and May gets a great tone. Block out the stupid lyrics for that and "Fat Bottom Girls" and they're cool tunes. It's just that no matter how great Freddie was at singing, his eccentricities could hurt them at times in the lyrics.

Three other great, great, great Queen tunes, and all three off of Night At The Opera: "'39", "Sweet Lady" and "The Prophets Song".

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 25, 2007 -> 07:02 AM)

Hammer To Fall

A Kind Of Magic

Stone Cold Crazy

Tie Your Mother Down

I Want It All

Headlong

Killer Queen

Somebody To Love

I mean, no doubt that Mercury had a great voice, but a lot of their stuff is operatic and SO theatrical, that's it's almost....goofy.