music

hi8is

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read that Ozzfest tickets will be free this year.

This news sparked three thoughts in my head:

1 ) Since you'll have to go to ozzfest.com or livenation.com to access tickets, I wonder just how "free" the tickets will end up being.

2 ) Even at no charge, Ozzfest tickets will still not be worth the price. That tour features some of the s***tiest bands on the planet every year, without fail.

3 ) There is NO WAY ON EARTH that I would want to be in the middle of an Ozzfest crowd that got in for free. That's 40 bucks more per head to spend on beer to drink in the summer heat. Imagine the stench, fights and vomiting that will lead to....

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 07:28 PM)
I just read that Ozzfest tickets will be free this year.

This news sparked three thoughts in my head:

1 ) Since you'll have to go to ozzfest.com or livenation.com to access tickets, I wonder just how "free" the tickets will end up being.

2 ) Even at no charge, Ozzfest tickets will still not be worth the price. That tour features some of the s***tiest bands on the planet every year, without fail.

3 ) There is NO WAY ON EARTH that I would want to be in the middle of an Ozzfest crowd that got in for free. That's 40 bucks more per head to spend on beer to drink in the summer heat. Imagine the stench, fights and vomiting that will lead to....

I still won't go. f*** Sharon Osbourne - I will never support anything she's involved with, after what she did to Iron Maiden two years ago. Utter BS.

Not sure if this belongs here or in the Buster, but hey, I'm a mod here, I can always move it if I want!

Al Gore is trying to organize a 7 city concert on the scale of or larger than Live Aid/Live 8 to promote action on Climate Change, with a lineup they're saying will "Dwarf" the previous ones. The date is July 7, which means I'll have to figure out some way to tape the thing cause hopefully I'll be getting married on that day.

Let's all hope that Pink Floyd decides to give it another go-round...mainly because they were so bloody good at live 8.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 07:06 PM)
Not sure if this belongs here or in the Buster, but hey, I'm a mod here, I can always move it if I want!

Al Gore is trying to organize a 7 city concert on the scale of or larger than Live Aid/Live 8 to promote action on Climate Change, with a lineup they're saying will "Dwarf" the previous ones. The date is July 7, which means I'll have to figure out some way to tape the thing cause hopefully I'll be getting married on that day.

Let's all hope that Pink Floyd decides to give it another go-round...mainly because they were so bloody good at live 8.

If you just consider how many quality acts out there that have either strongly supported Gores economical/political views, or would love the opportunity to just spew more venom towards our current regime, I'm sure it could sport an amazing lineup.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 11:59 AM)
Wow...why haven't I heard of them? They're damn good! Thanks!

You managed to miss LMB's non-stop spamming for those guys??

:lol:

I have to admit, they did eventually grow on me. I like about 5 of their songs. That "Chips Ahoy" song turned the corner for me, even though I think LMB considers that song one of their worst.

well, i think the consensus on this board was "meh"

however, the new arcade fire leaked and i find it absolutely wonderful. Also new andrew bird has leaked and also a great listen. that's about it, i've been listening to Chris Clark a lot and Gza, i just got a new job for this summer so that's taken over most things.

edit: in that first sentence i'm referring to what follows in my post, not discussion above me.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 02:52 PM)
well, i think the consensus on this board was "meh"

however, the new arcade fire leaked and i find it absolutely wonderful. Also new andrew bird has leaked and also a great listen. that's about it, i've been listening to Chris Clark a lot and Gza, i just got a new job for this summer so that's taken over most things.

edit: in that first sentence i'm referring to what follows in my post, not discussion above me.

I'm loving the new Arcade Fire, but I thought the new Andrew Bird was a disappointment. It was good, but I thought & the Mysterious Production of Eggs was much better.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 12:19 PM)
You managed to miss LMB's non-stop spamming for those guys??

:lol:

I have to admit, they did eventually grow on me. I like about 5 of their songs. That "Chips Ahoy" song turned the corner for me, even though I think LMB considers that song one of their worst.

KG only writes, never actually reads, this thread. :P

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 10, 2007 -> 12:44 PM)
Unfortunately, no.

Is he touring? Are you going??

Supposedly he is playing in NYC this summer. The way it was presented to us it is not a tour. I'm going to try to get to it. I've always wanted to see him in concert.

I saw David Bowie with Nine Inch Nails in 1995. He generally doesn't play a lot of "hits" in concert. Hasn't really since 1990. The closest he came in the show I saw was instrumentals from "Low," a duet of "Scary Monsters" with Trent Reznor, and a trip-hop version of "The Man Who Sold The World" which was amazing.

He is a good live show and has always been a good live performer.