music

hi8is

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 10, 2007 -> 02:03 PM)
Supposedly he is playing in NYC this summer. The way it was presented to us it is not a tour. I'm going to try to get to it. I've always wanted to see him in concert.

You can't beat that. Bowie AND New York City? Sweet.

Are the Sox there during the same time?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 10, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
Here's some classic Aerosmith, long before they became a pop-ballad joke.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMrXO5pK5g4

:headbang

They were soooo good once upon a time!!! Those boys should never have quit drugs. :D

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Feb 10, 2007 -> 03:50 PM)
I love Draw the Line.

Kings and Queens! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9zAK8Cmr84

Cool tune, but that video is from the "suckfest" years.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 10, 2007 -> 05:22 PM)
You can't beat that. Bowie AND New York City? Sweet.

Are the Sox there during the same time?

No idea. I don't even know the date. It sounds like a charity event. We're going to try real hard to get to it. Bowie has been on my "to see" list since I was a teenager.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 10, 2007 -> 11:20 AM)
Anyone here ever seen Bowie in concert?

I only saw one show on the 1990 Sound + Vision tour. He had a stripped down band compared to the Glass Spider thing a couple years earlier. It was very good and Adrian Belew played guitar on that tour (Bowie contributed to a couple of songs on Adrian's album that year too).

I wish I had a chance to see him Pre-Let's Dance. I respect his never staying in one place musically but my favorite Bowie is still Scary Monsters and earlier.

QUOTE(shipps @ Feb 11, 2007 -> 08:28 PM)
I seen The Shins last night at the Congress.Absolutely stellar,I liked thier new album but these guys sound even better live,totally made my birthday.

my friend's are going tonight! I don't think i'd travel a city over to see the shin's live but i still like 'em.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 12:57 AM)
I missed The Police.

Anyone have the clip somewhere?

I didn't tape the show, because I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate awards shows.

I'm counting on YouTube to show me the only thing I cared to see, The Police.

Haven't seen the clip on YouTube yet, though.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 01:22 AM)
I didn't tape the show, because I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate awards shows.

I'm counting on YouTube to show me the only thing I cared to see, The Police.

Haven't seen the clip on YouTube yet, though.

Well, considering the very first thing on the awards show (before credits or anything) was the sound of Sting saying "Hello, we're The Police, and we're back!", you really didn't have to like award shows to see it. I saw The Police, and pretty much nothing else.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 07:37 AM)
Well, considering the very first thing on the awards show (before credits or anything) was the sound of Sting saying "Hello, we're The Police, and we're back!", you really didn't have to like award shows to see it. I saw The Police, and pretty much nothing else.

Finding out that they played my least favorite Police song (and one of my least-favorite songs of all time) made me feel okay about missing their performance.

I'm right there with you on "Roxanne", but it was cool seeing them again. They have all aged well, and they sounded real good, and the arrangement on it had to please the toughest Police fan, as Copeland even got the chance to show off some. I like, but don't love them by any means, but even I had a huge smile on my face watching them again.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 10:07 AM)
I'm right there with you on "Roxanne", but it was cool seeing them again. They have all aged well, and they sounded real good, and the arrangement on it had to please the toughest Police fan, as Copeland even got the chance to show off some. I like, but don't love them by any means, but even I had a huge smile on my face watching them again.

I saw on Metal Sludge that the prices for the Vancouver show of their tour will be 50, 90 and 225 bucks.

Looks like if I go, it's in the nosebleeds. I'm not paying 90+ bucks for any concert.

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 11:26 AM)
god i hate the grammys. what a joke. "you won the best song of the year award!!!" ... rriiiiiggghhhttt.

C'mon, Silly Peppers won like 12 awards last night, :lolhitting

I just noticed this last night, does Anthony Keidus have a lisp or some kind of speech impediment??

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 11:12 AM)
HELP.

Alright, this is driving me nuts. I can't find the video from last night, nor can I find the press conference where they announced the tour dates.

I'll hop on a plane and pay top bucks to hear them again.

They haven't had the presser yet.

I saw a post on Metal Sludge about just the Vancouver show.

The info will get out today.

I can't find any video either, which is weird.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 11:31 AM)
C'mon, Silly Peppers won like 12 awards last night, :lolhitting

I just noticed this last night, does Anthony Keidus have a lisp or some kind of speech impediment??

Kiedis has a lisp.

and his band has a bad case of suckitis.

Did they win the Grammy for Hardest Inappropriate Rocking During A Weak Ballad?

They should get a lifetime award for that.

QUOTE(shipps @ Feb 11, 2007 -> 12:28 PM)
I seen The Shins last night at the Congress.Absolutely stellar,I liked thier new album but these guys sound even better live,totally made my birthday.

s***, I didn't realize it was your bday. Happy belated birthday Jeff :cheers :drink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sHXCs84iJc

Police last night.

Pretty good, except for Sting not hitting the notes on the chorus and that goofy re-working in the middle of the song.

My wife and I call that "Stinging" a song. When someone changes their own song until it's not even the same song any more. that's Stinging it.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 12:43 PM)

Police last night.

Pretty good, except for Sting not hitting the notes on the chorus and that goofy re-working in the middle of the song.

My wife and I call that "Stinging" a song. When someone changes their own song until it's not even the same song any more. that's Stinging it.

.....and also the sign of a really good musician. Nothing is more boring than artists who play their songs the exact same way as they sound on the record, tour after tour, show after show, year after year.

I finally saw it, so nice to hear Copeland again.

Crowded House is getting back together for a tour. Not a band I like, but just an FYI.

The problem with the Grammys is that it is literally impossible for them to truely judge all the music released in the year and truely find the best, so instead they go buy Billboard charts and decide from there. It would be the same way if the only movies nominated for Oscars were the top box office draws, and then they chose from those.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 12:43 PM)

Police last night.

Eh, isn't that just more of a "Police thing". I could swear they always did that.