cheesy 80's songs

GASHWOUND

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to metion "Hip to be Square" done by Huey Lewis (that song constantly pops into my head). Someone mentioned the Scorps..."Rock you like a Hurricane" has always been a song I enjoy listening to.

But something that I guess I'm partially embarrased about is that, during the 80s and very early 90s, my favorite song artist was Phil Collins. I couldn't get enough of the song "Everyday."

Also liked the Fat Boys, Run DMC and those kind of groups.

I got caught up in the "Walk this Way" hysteria around RUN D.M.C. at that time. I liked/like them, but I didn't get into much of the other rap from the time. The Fresh Prince was OK too. I recently bought "Raising Hell" on CD and I did find it king of annoying now.

I like Master of Puppets the best!  :headbang

I'm sick of Master of Puppets. It was brought back for no apparent reason, and all these people started saying they liked it when they hated it before.

Damn hypocrites. Not you guys but people who I know outside of the boards.

I personally like "Fade to Black."

Another favorite of mine from back then is Nirvana-Smells like Teen Spirit, and Rape Me.

Someone mentioned the Scorps..."Rock you like a Hurricane" has always been a song I enjoy listening to.

HURRICANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang :headbang :headbang

This song was the only thing that saved my sanity on my trek home last night. It's also when I found out my phone service is out (and might not be back until Saturday night - freaking SBC) - I went to leave the song on my answering machine and that f***ing voice told me my line was being checked for problems...

i love 80's eurotrash :) , and american trash too!! ... this will be a long list

never say never , a girl in trouble- romeo void (that song was in the movie -dodgeball ;) )

rock the casbah , london calling - the clash

every little thing she does , bring on the night - the police

west end girls - pet shop boys

right now , walking in LA - missing persons

lovesong , whi cant i be you - cure

advice for the broken heart , sowing the seeds - tears for fears

too shy - kajagoogoo

in a big country - in a big country

sweetest taboo , smooth operator - sade

a view to a kill - duran duran

sunday bloody sunday , new years day - u2

the dead heart - beds are burning - midnight oil

she's a beauty - the tubes

i ran - space age love song - flock of seagulls

slit skirts - pete townsend

and we danced - hooters

pet semetary , somebody put something in my drink- the ramones

c'est la vie - robbie neville

AND THE GREATEST SONG EVER.  I MEAN EVER, IN ANY DECADE, IN ANY CENTURY, AND IT CAME FROM THE 80's -

"The Whole of the Moon" - the Waterboys

Can't argue that one too much, as it also comes from one of the greatest albums ever, This Is The Sea, from one of the greatest bands ever, The Waterboys, written by one of the greatest songwriters ever, Mike Scott. I kind of fell out of them once they broke up, and the new versions of The Waterboys just aren't as special as the ones that did the work in the 80's. But for three albums, This Is The Sea, Fisherman's Blues, Room To Roam there were few better bands working then, and even fewer with that much talent going in them!

I am in awe of seeing a nod to them on this board right now, BTW.

I forgot to metion "Hip to be Square" done by Huey Lewis (that song constantly pops into my head).  Someone mentioned the Scorps..."Rock you like a Hurricane" has always been a song I enjoy listening to.

But something that I guess I'm partially embarrased about is that, during the 80s and very early 90s, my favorite song artist was Phil Collins.  I couldn't get enough of the song "Everyday."

Have you ever seen "American Psycho"?

The scene where Patrick Bateman puts on "It's Hip to Be Square", dances, then kills to the song is AWESOME!

:headbang

It just hit me how many kids there are on here who can't remember a second of the 80's or might not have even been born in the 80s. 

Kinda makes me feel old :crying

Kind of like if you can remember the 60's you didn't live in the 60's ;)