Is Shingo Rookie of the year

WSoxShuf

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if shingos save total was higher he would have a shot. Crosby is gonna be a hell of player though.

on another note: Im new to this site, just actually came across it today. Im a member at WSI. Just wondering if the two sites are rivals, affiliated in any way, or just two different white sox fan pages. Both sites seem pretty cool. This one seems to have way more minor league stuff.

I think if shingos save total was higher he would have a shot.  Crosby is gonna be a hell of player though.

on another note: Im new to this site, just actually came across it today.  Im a member at WSI.  Just wondering if the two sites are rivals, affiliated in any way, or just two different white sox fan pages.  Both sites seem pretty cool.  This one seems to have way more minor league stuff.

Welcome aboard! Though some posters bicker about WSI, there are others who post here and there. I don't think WSI is a bad place at all. This and WSI are just two great places to talk about our Palehose. I really love the TBGR over at WSI, but, as you mentioned, the minor league coverage over here is unbeatable! If someone's called up from the minors, someone here will be able to tell us all about him!

on another note: Im new to this site, just actually came across it today.  Im a member at WSI.  Just wondering if the two sites are rivals, affiliated in any way, or just two different white sox fan pages.  Both sites seem pretty cool.  This one seems to have way more minor league stuff.

We're not rivals, just two different sites. I was a member at WSI, but came here because I like the format and posters better. And yes, we do have a lot more minor league info. If you haven't yet, you should check out Futuresox.com.

Yeah WSI is a pretty good site, but you just dont get the minor league stuff.  Also in the talking baseball forum there it is way too much cub talk.  But I like both sites and as long as the subject is the white sox its hard to have a bad web site

It's Cub HATING talk which is fine by me... :)

Yeah WSI is a pretty good site, but you just dont get the minor league stuff.  Also in the talking baseball forum there it is way too much cub talk.  But I like both sites and as long as the subject is the white sox its hard to have a bad web site

That's my biggest beef about WSI. It seems the people are a little more realistic over here about things. Sometimes they get a little too drunk off the silver and black kool-aid while looking at the world in their silver and black glasses.

Yeah its cub hating talk, but there is a thread on there today talking about the cubs chances at the wild card. I mean who cares? I hate the cubs like any good sox fan, but I hate the twins worse. The cubs should have no effect on us unless we meet in the WS. I just prefer to ignore them which I guess is easier in minnesota than in chicago.

By the way, who are the minor leaguers and major leaguer who post on here?

Hey welcome to the site!!!

And as to the thread question... Personally no.  I don't think Shingo should be ROY.  I still believe that a player who has played in the majors somewhere else, shouldn't be allowed to win ROY.  Either that or establish an age limit.

I believe the rules need to be changed. Shingo is far from a Rookie in my eyes. Having said that, the current rules allow it, and he should be receiving consideration.

I believe the rules need to be changed. Shingo is far from a Rookie in my eyes. Having said that, the current rules allow it, and he should be receiving consideration.

Right, I don't think you can change the rule in mid-season or you should not vote for him just because you disagree with the rule.

If you don't like, change the rule. Until then it's not fair to anyone involved not to voted for the most deserving player eligible.

I agree with the last three posts. He should be eligible under current rules, but something needs to be changed.

On the other hand, why is this a big topic lately? North was talking about it, the guys filling in for MJ&H were talking about it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we just get past the ALL-Star break? Do they vote at the ASB and just not release it until the season's over?

Seriously, you can tell right away this place looks a lot better than WSI. This place has a lot more background, it has much info. and sometimes we receive HOT news before anyone else does. Yes, WSI has a bigger community, but this place is a lot smaller and that’s what makes it so special.

So welcome to Sox Talk! :cheers

I think if shingos save total was higher he would have a shot.  Crosby is gonna be a hell of player though.

Welcome aboard. I wouldn't necessarily call the two rival sites. Some would, but their are a lot of people like yourself that post on both sites, myself included.

Make yourself at home here and welcome aboard :headbang :headbang

Oh ya, for minor league info, we have the board and then a site called www.futuresox.com :)