A Letter to All Visitors of SoxNet/Soxtalk

Chisoxfn

Jason and Mario,

I'm a moderator over at Blackhawkzone, Frank's Blackhawk fanpage. He just PM'd me today with this message:

Heather, i just saw on soxnet that they joined the insiders network

i believe they are the same people who ran rivals.com into the ground when i was a member. I had nothing but nightmares with them when i was part of their network for nine months.

I hope that they have improved their services in the past few years.

Just thought you'd want to know about this before making the leap.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're aware of that heather.

trust us, this was a long and hard thought out process with several phone calls and questions. I brought that whole situation up and explained our fear of that happening again in conversations plenty of times, and the responses we recieved were pretty straight foward and understandable.

they explained to us the rivals situation and didn't in anyway tried to cover up their relation to it or change subjects. I don't know if they would like me to explain the reason for all that, so I would rather not out of respect.

this may turn out to be a bad move, of course this could also lead to something bigger. we'll never know unless we try.

Heather, the terms that drove Rivals into the ground a while back were much different then this current crew. As Mario said we discussed this with them quite a bit. We entered the whole thing thinking there was no way we'd make the move, but after hearing it made so much sense. We could provide better content, update stuff quicker, get the stuff out on a more national level, and really make an even better place for all you guys and gals to get your info and talk White Sox baseball.

Don't worry, if things ever turn out not to look good, we'll do all we can to get things set back in the right direction. We don't anticpate any problems like that. To make their story short, they weren't there when Rivals was smashed into the ground. This guys were the original founders of Rivals and were there during their in the beginning. Now they are founding this network and its going to be sweet or thats what we believe. The college and NFL segments are already huge and baseball is the next step.

Will you two still be "in charge" of this board, or will that change hands?  Will the "open" atmosphere that we have here need to be toned down since it will be on national sites?

Ya, we will be fully in charge. The only difference is we will be on a sweet server. I know some have said they have had trouble on this board when it comes to acessing it at times and those problems should end.

Their will be a new board, but we are going to do all we can to make the move smooth in terms of it; ie re-registering everyone, updating the post numbers to what they were when they were here (IF Possible; I think it is). Then we'll move this board to a different server where it will be at least in read only mode so all this info won't be lost, etc. You can always go back and check on new things and such. Losing this board was a sticking point, because of some of the hassles it will cause in the beginning (Learning a new board, etc). The positive is, now we are at a place that will be our permanent home, assuming there are no bumps :)

As long as you guys are running this place, I am happy :headbang !!

Awesome. so that means all the great commentary articles can be read more in a national setting? Finally, some attention to the sox from people who actually care. I'm so tired of reading crap that people who have no stock in a team write about it because it is their assignment.....

Also looking forward to more articles from that sexy Matt Michel writer.. ;)

Awesome. so that means all the great commentary articles can be read more in a national setting? Finally, some attention to the sox from people who actually care. I'm so tired of reading crap that people who have no stock in a team write about it because it is their assignment.....

Also looking forward to more articles from that sexy Matt Michel writer..  ;)

LMAO!

Also looking forward to more articles from that sexy Matt Michel writer..  ;)

LMAO!

you think I kid? totally serious

When are the changes coming again?

I'm too lazy to look it up ;)

Yep, what Ian (Mr. Showtime) said. Hopefully before the season, but we don't have an exact date, so basically when the site is ready to our liking to roll. We don't want to put out a real temporary work in progress type thing. We want the site in very good shape once we do make the switch.

We'll know a lot more in the next couple days as we see things progress.