"Your Boys"

danman31

As you may know if you watch PTI, Tony and Wilbon refer to some players as their boys. If they like the player/coach and support him/her they will call him their boy. So I was wondering who are "your boys" throughout Minor League baseball, Sox or not.

Sox players:

Felix Diaz- I really think he can make it in the bigs.

Brian Anderson

the "other" Josh Fields (reliever, Birmingham)- Great numbers this season.

Matt Smith

Eduardo Villacis- Great pickup from the Royals.

Brandon McCarthy

Rafael Flores

Daniel Haigwood- Same name as me. ;)

Josh Hansen

Yunior Novoa

Evan Tartaglia

Non-Sox players:

Jeremy Reed

Kurt Suzuki- impressed me in Super Regionals despite struggling in CWS (.313 in Northwest League)

J.A. Happ- Northwestern (All Big Ten this year, doing well in NY-Penn League)

Well I'll be adding to this list with time:

Brian Anderson

Chris Young

Fabio Castro

Jim Bullard

Jeff Bajenaru

Josh Fields (the other one)

Brandon McCarthy

Sean Tracey

Micah Schnurstein

Antoin Gray

Todd Deininger

Ryan Rodriguez

Daniel Haigwood

Ryan Hankins

Felix Diaz

Gio Gonzalez

Ryan Wing

Bryant Nelson

Blakely (Funny ass guy)

Wally Rosa

Other Teams:

Edwin Jackson

Gary Majewski

Kurt Suzuki

Kurt Saraloos

Jason Winsdor

Jeremy Reed

Josh Rupe

Casey Kochman

Dallas McPherson

Thomas Pauly

Yeah, I left Brice off too. :lol: I figure DBAHO can more than make up for us.

Absolutely, that's what I'm here for. :lol:

Thomas Brice - Definitely my fav minor leaguer, really good to see him hitting better in Winstom Salem, he's had a really good year all round.

Gio Gonzalez - A steal in the draft, and deserves a call - up to Kanny pronto.

Ryan Sweeney - Impressed the heck out of me in spring training, and is finally starting to show his talent for the Warthogs.

Jim Bullard and Jeff Bajenaru - Gotta giv some love to the minor leaguers here at SoxTalk. Baj has had a great year, deserved his callup to Charlotte. Once Bull ditched the sidearm, and became a starter again, he's really pitched well, one of the better starters down at B-Ham.

Matt Nachreiner - My sleeper prospect down at Great Falls, I hope he can stay injury free for a few years, because he definitely has some really good stuff. Been relieving a lot and has an ERA of about 5, but he's pitched better lately after a rocky start.

Man I just had a big post typed out with the players I liked. Basically it was some of the same guys mentioned here and all the UNC players that are in the minors. But then cheap ass Hunter had to cheap shot Burke and I went ballistic and attacked the tv and somehow lost the post.

Also Jason I saw that the Angels signed Adenhart, thats a heck of a pickup and a nice gamble. Can't blame Nick for taking the money.

Here's mine :)

Jose De Los Santos (me and dasox really like what's he's done so far in the short season)

BMac

Tracey (my sleeper prospect, take that DBAH0. :P)

Ulacia

G.Reyes (noone talks much about him but he's hitting very well in AA, still very young)

Fernando Hernandez (another guy I like in Kanny)

Baj, Bullard, Allen and whoever else post or lurk here, you are always a favorite.

And of course the departed Jeremy Reed (my favorite of them all.. :()

Oh, and Gerardo Avila cause he has the same name as me :)

Sox Players:

Antoin Gray

Brandon Bounds

Wesley Whisler

Dwayne Pollok

Frasier Dizard

Micah Schnurstein

Jose De Los Santos (SoxAce and I have been high on this guy since very early on)

Daniel Haigwood

Javier Castillo

Evan Tartaglia (for one obvious reason)

Gio Gonzalez

BMac

Robert Valido

Ryan McCarthy

Adam Russell

Matt Smith

BJ LaMura

Pedro Lopez

Fabio Castro

Ryan Rodgriguez

Mike Moat

Non Sox players:

Santiago Ramirez (Houston AAA closer)

Nick Swisher (Oakland AAA OF; one of my sister's friends; they went to school together for many years)

John Gall (St. Louis' AAA OF/1B)

Scott Kazmir (NYM Pitcher, AA)

Ian Stewart (Colorado High A 3B)

Seth Smith (Colorado rookie league OF)

Nick Markakis (Baltimore low A OF)

Ryan Garko (Cleveland AA Catcher)

Matt Tuiasosopo (SEA rookie league)

Carlos Quentin (ARZ AA OF)

Jose De Los Santos (me and dasox really like what's he's done so far in the short season)

Hell yeah we have!!!! :headbang

And Jas.. I'm very surprised Chris Young wasn't first (let alone IN) your list. :lol:

I was thinking that very same thing when I read Jason's list. Maybe the guy that posted that isn't really Jason? :ph34r:

Young is 2nd on my list behind Brian Anderson???

I meant about him being 1st :ph34r: ...

Ok, fine, I was just spamming, but tried to make it look like I wasn't by responding to more than one thing. I didn't want to just put "hell yeah we have!" in response to what soxace said b/c if I did that would have been a worthless post...

I freaking love the new sig.  Man does that bring back old times.

Yeah, it was a very sad day for me when Soxnet.net went down, but thank god the board never died and now we have Future Sox! :headbang I can just remember trying to go the soxnet.net, and having it say the site was down and try again later or something like that and I was like "NOOOO!!!" :crying

O yeah, Jas, I was reading an article of yours on the Kock-Foulke trade, and it was pretty cool looking back on that and other stuff. There's a part at the end that Koch-Foulke trade article said something about the PTBNL, and you said that it sounded like it'll be this great player,etc. Too bad it turned out to be the great Daylan Holt... :lol:

Hey Jason, where's the love for Thomas Pauly? :D

s***, he's definately going on their. I still can't get over that..freaking century mark, man that was sick. And of course our debate with Mario that yes, because he can throw 95 plus, he is automatically a prospect.

I also just realized I forget FAAAAABBBBBIIIIIOOOOOO :headbang