Frank Cattalanotto?

You guys actually think FRank Cattalanotto is gonna help this team make it to the playoffs? You gotta be kidding me. You are gonna need a way more superior bat to even make a difference. This team is gonna need way more than that...maybe a starting pitcher or someone who will hold runners and throw them out. And I also think jurassic Everett was not the answer either. I still Think we could have gotten something a more productive bat with Rauch's value

You are gonna need a way more superior bat to even make a difference.

That's what a lot of people thought about the Shannon Stewart trade made by Minnesota last year. Giving up Kielty, an up and coming stud, for injury-prone Shannon Stewart.

Boy were those people wrong.

Catalanotto could be exactly what this team needs...last year, when Robbie came on and starting getting on base at the top of the order, it helped the power hitters immensely. Cat could come in here and do exactly that.

And he would not cost a ton...not like Freddy Garcia or even Carl Everett.

You guys actually think FRank Cattalanotto is gonna help this team make it to the playoffs? You gotta be kidding me. You are gonna need a way more superior bat to even make a difference. This team is gonna need way more than that...maybe a starting pitcher or someone who will hold runners and throw them out. And I also think jurassic Everett was not the answer either. I still Think we could have gotten something a more productive bat with Rauch's value

It is called the little things. Every successful team needs guys who will do them, guys who don't need to be in the lime light. We have enough stars on this team, we need some guys who will just come in and bust their balls doing whatever they can for the team to win. Frank is a veteran utility player. He is not a bad player. He would fit very nicely into the two hole. If we have no one on base for our power, we will never get more than a solo homerun.

That's what a lot of people thought about the Shannon Stewart trade made by Minnesota last year.  Giving up Kielty, an up and coming stud, for injury-prone Shannon Stewart.

Boy were those people wrong.

Catalanotto could be exactly what this team needs...last year, when Robbie came on and starting getting on base at the top of the order, it helped the power hitters immensely.  Cat could come in here and do exactly that. 

And he would not cost a ton...not like Freddy Garcia or even Carl Everett.

I agree 100%. Even with Thomas and Maggs out of the lineup, I'd take our 3, 4, 5, 6 (Lee, Everett, Konerko, and hopefully in the near future, Valentin) over a lot of other teams.

I'd really like to see a correlation between how our 1 and 2 hitters do each day, and how our offense as a whole does that day. It seems whenever our top of the order guys don't play well, our offense goes down easily.

Catalanotto would help this team a ton. We need another contact guy at the top of the order and someone needs to tell ozzie to move jose down in the order, anyways if kenny could somehow get Frank the lineup would looks like this:

rowand

cat

lee

carl

pauly

jose

crede

willie/uribe

catching trio

That lineup is real balanced plus you then have two guys at the top of the order who can get on for the boppers. The middle of the order isn't the problem right now it's the top and bottom of the lineup.

Catalanotto would help this team a ton.  We need another contact guy at the top of the order and someone needs to tell ozzie to move jose down in the order, anyways if kenny could somehow get Frank the lineup would looks like this:

rowand

cat

lee

carl

pauly

jose

crede

willie/uribe

catching trio

That lineup is real balanced plus you then have two guys at the top of the order who can get on for the boppers.  The middle of the order isn't the problem right now it's the top and bottom of the lineup.

That would be a pretty damn solid line-up, imo at least.

I'd really like to see a correlation between how our 1 and 2 hitters do each day, and how our offense as a whole does that day.  It seems whenever our top of the order guys don't play well, our offense goes down easily.

That is true for many, if not all, teams.

The Cubs have found out the hard way how important Kenny Lofton was for them down the stretch last year. Minnesota found out the easy way how important a good leadoff hitter is down the stretch by acquiring Stewart down the stretch for last year.

Don't you mean 3?

I mean, Caballo isn't a table setter, but the #3 hitter is still at the top of the lineup.

Yeah your right, I just meant the top two guys to get on for Carlos, Carl, Pauly, Jose but yes he is at the top of the order and a .300 hitter. You win, I lose. :ph34r: :lol:

Not true, the bottom of the order is still very weak, and Guillen is persistant in batting Valentin 2nd.

Well I think most of us agree that Arow should bat 2nd as of right now so hopefully ozzie will find this out. As for the bottom of the order yeah it would still be a little weak but not as weak.