By not trading, the sox show fans to fuck off

WSoxShuf

greasy coming through  by combining my and sideshow's posts into one sentence :lol:

Like I've said before...if the Sox walked on water, I'm sure somebody on Soxtalk would b**** that he they couldn't swim.

Here's to hoping the Carlos Lee and Valentin stop swinging for the damn fences and popping it out at the fringe of the infield all the damn time. Here's to hoping that Mike Jackson pulls his head out of his ass. Here's to hoping Cotts finally gets to have a meeting with Pitch Control. Here's to hoping that Joe Crede can improve that .230 BA and not swing with an uppercut often (he was touted as the next Rolen. Next Rolen, my ass) Here's to hoping that Loaiza, Garland and Schoeneweis stop serving up more cookies than a f***ing bakery. Here's to hoping that Uribe gets back to where he was in the early part of the season. Here's to hoping that Konerko's back doesn't go out from carrying this team and that Maggs and Frank get back from their injuries ahead of schedule and ready to play. Here's to hoping Ben Davis can break the Mendoza line.

:pray :pray :pray

We have the potential on this team to hit the s*** out of this ball and pitch to keep ourselves in the game. If the offense would unearth themselves from the corpseball they've buried themselves in, we definitely have a shot at this division. But I am definitely not throwing in the towel because I know these guys are better than the product they've been playing the past few games.

Now, that said... :fthecubs :sosasucks and :begood

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, we've given up a million prospects over the past 3 years. What's a few more? We need help more than ever now. Has KW suddenly changed his philosophy?

Because there isn't really a move that they can actually do and makes sense unless they horribly overpay, and even then the talent out there isn't that great. Besides, look at the prospects that they have given up, most of them are doing poorly. About the only guys left that have any value are Anderson and Sweeney, and those guys seem to have some talent.

Its unbeleivable people just forget the guys he got in the last 2 mounths. Everyone just expects moves becasue its the "Frantic trading deadline" KW made big moves before ANYONE else.

Everyone seems to forget....

:headshake

Dont blame the GM for the Sox troubles. He went out and got us the starter we desperately needed and even grabbed Carl Everett to try to stop the bleeding from losing Maggs and Frank. This team is not playing with any heart right now and that's why we're fading in the division.

About the only mistake KW made so far this year was talking the M'S into taking Reed instead of Borchard. That was brutal!

Dont blame the GM for the Sox troubles.  He went out and got us the starter we desperately needed and even grabbed Carl Everett to try to stop the bleeding from losing Maggs and Frank.  This team is not playing with any heart right now and that's why we're fading in the division.

About the only mistake KW made so far this year was talking the M'S into taking Reed instead of Borchard.  That was brutal!

Reed isn't exactly tearing it up. He's hitting .268 since the deal. That sounds like a no win situation to me. I know he is younger but if he does this for another year or two he is in the same situation as Borchard, only without the power potential. Until he proves me wrong, I'm going to consider last year a career year from a guy that doesn't have the pure talent of some other prospects.

Pretty sure you've been bashing everyone for wanting to make a deal in this topic? Why the sudden change?

Jurassic8, maybe it's all these s***ty threads lately, but you for one are pissing the hell out of me. Rowand NEVER, NEVER said that a trade would be a bad thing - so don't f***ing put words in his f***ing mouth...

As Steve (soxnbears) said - some of you people suck.

EDIT: Damn, damn damn. Jurassic - I'm sorry... What I just wrote and put was totally classless, ignorant, stupid, for me to put. In all seriousness - all this losing has just caught up to me, and I wrongfully took it out on you. I gotta just get away from this board again. I'm sorry, you didn't deserve any of my cursing - sorry man...

When did I bash anyone for wanting a trade to be made?  I think it's stupid that people will throw in the towel if a deal is made.  I did not once bash people who want a trade to be made, it's just stupid to blame kw for not making another deal when he's already made two.

So you're content with what we have? I'd hate to see you as a GM.

Jurassic8, maybe it's all these s***ty threads lately, but you for one are pissing the hell out of me.  Rowand NEVER, NEVER said that a trade would be a bad thing - so don't f***ing put words in his f***ing mouth...

As Steve (soxnbears) said - some of you people suck.

EDIT:  Damn, damn damn.  Jurassic - I'm sorry...  What I just wrote and put was totally classless, ignorant, stupid, for me to put.  In all seriousness - all this losing has just caught up to me, and I wrongfully took it out on you.  I gotta just get away from this board again.  I'm sorry, you didn't deserve any of my cursing - sorry man...

Kind of expected that from you. You, beastly, Soxnbears, Greasy have been shutting everyone's venting down. If you're the only four people that can have opinions here, that's a problem.

He is not content with it but if we do not make another trade, we still have added two people that will be here next year. Should we just make a deal just to make a deal to satisfy people like you? There is no reason to make a trade unless it will seriously help the team imo.

I don't think anyone is content with the way they are playing right now, but it is going to be very difficult to get anything that will make a difference on this particular team, other than Maggs and Frank coming back. Pretty much every available player will cost more prospects than we have, and several of them have a no trade clause anyways, and pretty much every player other than RJ and Beltran just isn't worth it. I'd rather see him stand pat than give up what little prospects we have left to get someone like Cliff Floyd that won't improve us that much and hurt our future teams.

He is not content with it but if we do not make another trade, we still have added two people that will be here next year. Should we just make a deal just to make a deal to satisfy people like you? There is no reason to make a trade unless it will seriously help the team imo.

Any trace of offense, whether it be Cliff Floyd or Greg Zaun...Pretty sure that it'd help this team.

I'm happy someone understands what I'm saying. Kenny just isn't going to make a trade just to make a trade, he'll make a trade if he believes it's really going to help this ballclub. I never said I'm content with what we have, sure I'd like kenny to make another trade but if there isn't anything out there to get then there is no need to make a trade and just because KW doesn't make a trade doesn't mean the season is over.

You really think adding a walking DL trip hitting .278 with 2 years and $13 mil remaining on his deal is a good idea? Floyd doesn't instantly make us a playoff team. The only thing that will is our guys playing better and our sluggers getting healthy. It's EXTREMELY difficult to find players like Frank and Maggs on the block, and Floyd doesn't qualify. I don't buy this "go for it now, this is our year" thinking because once Maggs went back on the DL it stopped being our year. If we get Floyd, we're basically losing Maggs, which is a problem. And we are stuck with the Cliff Floyd DL extravaganza while we let a .300 BA and 30 HR guy go, because we decided to go for it with a team that clearly is struggling without it's two big sticks.

PS Qwerty, I know you called me on reposting my thoughts, but I feel I have to when the same things come up.

Kind of expected that from you. You, beastly, Soxnbears, Greasy have been shutting everyone's venting down. If you're the only four people that can have opinions here, that's a problem.

No - but when you start disrespecting other posters (like you did to Rowand) or putting words in people's mouths, then I will have a problem with you.

By you saying 'Oh, blah blah blah, you don't want to make a move, you wouldn't be a good GM.', when none of us ever said that, I have a problem with that.

First off, you were the one who said Kenny made no moves, when he obviously has made two moves, Everett and Garcia. Just because he made the moves earlier before anyone else did, doesn't mean he hasn't made any moves. Teams would love to have a chance at both of these guys right now, but since Kenny got them early, they're gone.

Second, you backtracked and said you were talking about last offseason, yet you were still blaming Kenny, even though it was CLEARLY pointed out this past offseason that Kenny wasn't going to be given much money to play with, in fact, was told to bring down payroll - yet you bash Kenny unfairly. THAT I have a problem with.

Third you say me/Rowand don't want to make any moves, when we never said that either. We're just trying to be rational here and say that this team is solid - and that while we want to make a move - this team, playing as it is right now, is NOT playing the way it should/eventually will change back to be.

To be honest, if I were a GM (which, I infact, couldn't do) - I'd go after Kendall. If I obtained him, I'd then go after another bullpen arm - and IMO, neither of those deals would do much damage to our farm. If Kendall wasn't a possibility, I'd go after Catalanatto - or Hairston from Baltimore.

I tried to apologize, but if you wanna be a jagoff - fine. You're the one trying to act like the tough guy, not Beastly, not me - but if you wanna be like that, fine. You're gonna get it shoved right back at ya, every single time.

An injured Catalanatto is sure a hell of alot betetr than the majority of are offense at this point, i would take him in a heart beat.

We need that one spark - just that one spark to get this team rolling. Whether it be Willie Harris and Carl Everett, oh my, HAVING FUN before the game. This team I've watched the past week is not the Chicago White Sox, that's for sure.

Have some fun guys! You're admired all around the world for what you do, how about puttin a smile on your face once in a while? That's what we need, just to have the guys loosen up a bit, that's all.

The sun will rise tomorrow. The clock will strike noon, and we will go back onto the field. The grass will grow. The sky won't fall.

HAVE SOME FUN! :headbang

To those of you that can step and see the fact that regardless of the current losing streak we still have a pretty solid team here ..... :headbang

To those of you that feel like we have to many holes and injuries to make a serious run at the division, that's a valid opinion and I respect that.

To those of that b****, moan, cry and whine ... using such informative and intelligent lines as Sox suck ... KW Sucks ... Telling fans to f*** off .... I only have this to say: :fyou :dips***

as an admin there are things I don't feel I could say but damn it, YASNY crept into my post again :o :huh

To those of that b****, moan, cry and whine ... using such informative and intelligent lines as Sox suck ... KW Sucks ... Telling fans to f*** off .... I only have this to say: :fyou  :dips***