joe borchard must make this team imo

baggio202

imo we should trade Konerko for a good starter and maybe a backup catcher. Either Daubach replaces him at 1B, or we take the risk and put Thomas at 1st, Lee as DH, and Borchard in the OF.

Starting pitching is what wins championships, so we should go after another good starter and have a VERY rotation all around.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlos Lee hitting .300 at the break is a joke

A joke? You're right...it's too far-fetched for Carlos to hit .300. What was I thinking?

He hit .283 after the All-Star break last season. He set a career high in HR with 26, a career high in walks with 75, a career high OBP (.359), tied his career high for SLG% (.484), hit into the fewest DP's of his career (5 - down from 15 in '01 and 17 in '00), and committed just 1 error.

Yeah, let's get rid of this bum.

As soon as we trade Carlos at the deadline....we'll see Joey B.

If this team is in first place at the trading deadline, no way do you trade a guy that will, more than likely, play a role in the team being in first place. And, under no circumstances, do you replace him with a guy who will probably be in the minors all season. I don't care if JB is our future OF'er. No way do you trade a guy that, up to that point, helped get you there. Plus, CLee is one of KW's boys. If anybody goes, it will be Frank Thomas at seasons end. KW will then move CLee to the DH spot freeing up LF for JB in 2004.

Problem is, if we trade Lee, we're cutting down our experience in the OF. I know Lee sucks as a defensive player, but at least he has experience and is improving. If Borchard comes up, our OF will be Borchard, Rowand, Maggs. That's a pretty unexperinced left and center. Borchard should replace Rowand if Aaron is unable to play. Good defensive 1B are alot easier to come by than a good LF.

And how can we get someone better for Lee instead of Konerko? Konerko was an all-star last year, and capable of hitting 30+ homers, while Lee is not that valuable. Trust me, GMs are much more interested in Paulie. If we trade Paulie, we can easily replace him with Daubach and get a very nice starter for him.

But the best decision right now imo is stick with what we got. Borchard stays in AAA until Rowand loses his job.

We'd get more for Carlos because he is cheaper, has more plate discipline, and isn't as damn slow as Konerko. I don't give a s*** about all-star what not....Choice K-layton was once an all-star....is he worth more than Lee because of it? Hell no.

GMs are not as interested in Konerko as they are Lee....if anything....they are interested in both equally. Carlos makes less though by about $3 mill....you don't think that plays a large factor in a GM's thinking?

Killa....the only way around trading Lee would be having both Miles and Graffy on the 25-man and then trading Graffy...as that would open up a spot. Either that or else we would have to trade Konerko....and I don't want to trade Konerko, nor do I think we would receive market value for Konerko.

If Carlos is having a good year up to the trade deadline...and he became available....we could get quite a bit for him.

if boerchard hits 40 homers he could hit 220 and still be a huge positive cog in the offense...cmon jerry..sending joe to charlotte???.,..say it aint so

.220 is unacceptable for a team with World Series aspirations. He'll have to hit higher than that. We don't need Borchard to hit HR -- we've got Thomas, Mags, Konerko, and Lee for that -- we need him to drive in runs and get on base.

.220 is beyond unacceptable. Look at Frank from last year: he hit .253 and he got so much crap from the White Sox and all their fans (well, most of them). The last thing the White Sox need is a rookie hitting .220 in a year when we are supposed to be one of the elite teams in the AL.

Guest hotsoxchick1

face reality here for a minute.. joey is not coming up untill he and kw feels he is ready to come up...... who gets moved where will be determined then.......

Trust me... I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want to say that Joe should be in AAA developing that eye of his, but he's really making it tough for me...

Added how thin we are from the left side of the plate and in center field, Borchard is going to make this a tough decision for Manuel.

Cubkilla has got this situation nailed, imho. Frank Thomas is, more than likely, in his last year on the south side. Carlos Lee will probably be the 2004 DH. However much time it takes for JB to get ready, give him that time. He'll be worth it in the long run. We may ruin him by bringing him up too soon. While he is maturing, it gives Rowand the pportunity to prove tha he can be a solid every day major leaguer, which I believe he can do. That, my friends, would increase his trade value if that is the way the team decides to go when JB is ready. As of right now, we don't need to trade any of our big guns.

Cubkilla has got this situation nailed, imho.  Frank Thomas is, more than likely, in his last year on the south side.

If this happens, it will be very unfortunate. Frank is one of the best offensive players of all-time (yes, all-time), and I would love nothing more than for him to retire wearing a White Sox uniform.

Trust me...  I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want to say that Joe should be in AAA developing that eye of his, but he's really making it tough for me...

Added how thin we are from the left side of the plate and in center field, Borchard is going to make this a tough decision for Manuel.

Yeah...his 9 for 41 performance thus far is making it really tough for me too.

Cubkilla has got this situation nailed, imho.  Frank Thomas is, more than likely, in his last year on the south side.

If this happens, it will be very unfortunate. Frank is one of the best offensive players of all-time (yes, all-time), and I would love nothing more than for him to retire wearing a White Sox uniform.

It would be unfortunate, yes. However, I see it playing out one of two ways. If Frank has a year like last year, then he will pick up the option and stay with the Sox. But, who wants to pay $6 Mill for a .250 hitter. If he has a year like he did in 2000, he'll bypass the option, the Sox will pick up their option for $8 Mill and then he'll buy them out for for $2 Mill and hit the FA market.

Joe B has shown flashes of dicipline. But thats it. The sox moved Crede throught very slowly, making sure that his stroke was nice and compact. it appears to be on the verge of paying huge divedends... crede hit 12 homers last year in a very small sample of at-bats. There have been numerous articles posted where borchard praised the sox on there handleing of crede. and how he expects to move along at the same pace.

With that in mind what in the hell, makes anyone think that hes going to break camp with the sox? hes going to AAA. Hes going to stay there for ATLEAST 3-4 months, they are going to keep working on him to cut down his stroke and get rid of any holes in his swing. That in turn will cut down his K:BB ratio from about 3:1 to 2:1, thats about when he'll come up to the majors. If we bring him up now hes going to fail miserably. You dont spend 5.3 mill on a kid and then rush him up.

Too many K's he needs another year in the minors.  I dont want him to be the next Rob Deer.

2 months in the minors will not change him from the next rob deer if thats his destiny to the next mickey mantle...with his talent if he is not ready now he never will be

Too many K's he needs another year in the minors.  I dont want him to be the next Rob Deer.

2 months in the minors will not change him from the next rob deer if thats his destiny to the next mickey mantle...with his talent if he is not ready now he never will be

Oh c'mon Baggs! He's had a season and a half of professional baseball, right? Plus he was focused on football in College. Give the young man a chance to learn how to play the game.

Oh c'mon Baggs! He's had a season and a half of professional baseball, right? Plus he was focused on football in College. Give the young man a chance to learn how to play the game.

he can play the game better right now than carlos lee ever will :D

his fundementals are real good...he just needs to learn to hit major league pitching..i i dont think that will happen in charlotte...i think he is ready...his power is unbelievable

He can sit on his ass and watch Lee and Rowand play and maybe get 5 AB's a week, or he can work on his swing and improve on his ability to HIT THE BALL when he swings the bat by taking 25 AB's a week against AAA pitching...there's no reason to rush him up when he's gonna spend most of his time on the pine.....

Clujer420 get you facts straight he hit .263 before break and .266 after and finished with a .264 avg for year .      .283 my ass.

Looks like someone doesn't know what the hell he's talking about because Carlos did hit .283 after the All-Star break. His OBP was also a 100 points higher in the second half.

1st half 2002 251 AB 12-38 -.263 AVG

2nd half 2002 241 AB 14-42 -.266 AVG

.264 Avg for year . I never said anything about OBP but here it is

anyway .337 1st half....... .385 2nd half it is better but not .100 better. Source I am using is Baseball Stats book 2003 I do not think I am wrong at all.

Guest hotsoxchick1
1st half 2002    251 AB    12-38  -.263 AVG

2nd half 2002 241 AB    14-42  -.266 AVG

.264 Avg for year . I never said anything about OBP but here it is

anyway .337 1st half....... .385 2nd half it is better but not .100 better.        Source I am using is Baseball Stats book 2003        I do not think I am wrong at all.

didnt carlos have a crappier second half than the first??? somehow i seem to remember it that way...........my memory may be slippin though..........lol......