The Village

WSoxShuf

I thought the twist at the end was cool, but in general, I just didn't like the movie.  Not worth the money, imo.

This is the type of thing that I've been hearing about this movie. Not worth the money to see in the theater.

Btw, has anyone seen Napoleon Dynamite? I'm gonna go see that tomorrow night, so I hope it's good.

I saw The Village tonight, thought it was pretty sweet. However, the reel got off track a few times at the theatre, and slid the picture down so far that you could actually see the microphone used in the filming at the top of the screen. It was kind of funny, but totally took the audience out of the movie for a few minutes... pisses me off.

Also, I saw Napolean Dynamite. I liked it. Since Jon Heder (played Napolean) is from Salem, he was at the small independent theatre here in Salem and did a Q&A after the movie. s***! I've got to add that to my "brushes with greatness"

A woman actually asked him if the guy who played pedro "was a trained actor"! Racist b****....

Jon is Mormon, and someone asked him if everyone in the movie was Mormon. rolleyeyes.gif

I heard it sucked ass, just like M. Night's other movies.

Signs is one of my all time favorite movie. I thought it was GREAT!

M. Night is very good at messing with your mind. His movies fit very well intot he catagory of psycological thriller. The part I really liked about Signs was that he only showed you small glimpses of the aliens until the very end. The whole movie played out in your head. It was GREAT!

warning..im giving the ending away with this post..so if you are going to see it and dont want to know what happens..stop reading now :D

i saw it and i liked it alot...the end was pretty easy to figure out..at least the basic he was trying to get accross..i dont think he meant to fool us to the end because he gave too many clues that they were living in this century...the acting itself imo was supurb..the actress that played the blind girl (dont know who she is) was awesome..her character stole the movie...

i think people are disappointed because it was billed more as a horror flick..thats what i was expecting but its really a character study in sociology...universities will probably be using this film for study for years to come..

if you are looking for something thats not your run of the mill shoot um up story or a sappy love story...this is a pretty good bet imo

Did anyone read Ebert's review of this movie?  One man's opinion is usually not enough for me, but in this case, it definitely is.  He pissed on that movie repeatedly.  He indicated that his grade of one star was a generous rating.

Which means I will probably end up liking it! ;)

I'm not wasting my money on this movie unless I happen to see it with a girl where I don't even watch the movie for 90 minutes.

Why pay 8 bucks to sit in the dark with some girl? You can do that for free in your car, dorm room, library corner, etc, and you won't have to have your brain rot by association of Mr. Nighty-Night's movies...

I have heard that everyone in Seinfeld was Jewish, but I'm not sure if I am ready to believe that.

Not George... he converted to Latvian Orthodox... :D

Father-priest: Are you familiar with Orthodox theology?

George: Well perhaps, not to the extent that you are. But I know the basic  plot. Yeah.

Father-priest: Plot?

George: Yeah, yeah. You know the uh flood, and the uh lepers, and the commandments and all that.

Father-priest 2: Well it’s obvious that you are sincere in your desire.

George: Oh yes I am Father. Incredibly sincere. So, uh, pffft, am I in?

I'm pretty convinced that everyone who hated this movie hated the twist. If you got over the twist, you liked it.

Now my friends wanted to be scared s***less, they were. Until the twist. Then they hated it. I just wanted to see a good movie. I got scared. I didn't care about the twist.