the get up guy

RNemz43

The White Sox told him to tone down his act. He hasn't been to as many games since. At least that's what I've been told. A shame if it's true. Dan was a class guy who did nothing but support the White Sox both at home and on the road.

What was his act? I met him recently, but don't really know anything about him.

GUG is a class act and a great person and a true die hard Sox fan and I could never say enough good about him.

I never ever found his cheerig annoying. He usually did the Get Up routine pregame and while strolling the aisle so it was IMO never a problem to those who sat by him. IMO.

GUG - :headbang :headbang :headbang

i know in '00 after the sox clinched in minny the GUG was there and he was invited into the sox clubhouse to party with the team..carlos lee told him the guys really appreciated what he did to get the fans behind the team..

what he used to do was before the game he would go around to sections in the lower deck and yell 'get up' to everyone...so everyone would be standing and applauding the sox as they came out onto the field givng them a standing O..early in the '00 season the fans wernt really behind the team and the GUG was credited with warming the fans up to the team...then after they went on 14 day road trip where they kicked the crap out of the twinkies and skanks they sox came back to a sell out crowd that gave them a standing O for about 5 minutes and those standing O's became the norm for the rest of the season..

but sometime in either '01 or '02 , of course the sox wernt having the same success and i heard that some season ticket holders around the GUG (players wives maybe) started going to management complaining he was too loud and management asked him to stop...

i know dan too and i echo everything cw said...he is a very nice guy and a great sox fan that lives and dies with this franchise...he really loves white sox baseball