From the Yankee Boards

Texsox

Shaving: Hey it's a tradition, it's what makes the Yankees

Number: Mixed

Ability

people please don't buy into the hype with loiaza. we are bent over the chair taking it in the a*s with this deal. check loiaza'a ten year plus career. do you know how many good seasons he's had? i'll tell you just ONE. the man stinks. oh big deal he can beat the redsox. contreras is a better pitcher than loiaza. contreras can beat just about anyone, but the redsox. i could deal with that. if you trade somebody with contreras's stuff it better be for a better pitcher. watch this come back and bite us on the a*s. i bet you we see him in the playoffs. i don't want to hear sh*t later oh we should've kept him. if we got mark buerle for contreras then i'm all for it. if we could've somehow swing a deal for pavano, then its worth it. i wonder if we offered contreras for randy.

:lol:

Link to thread here

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This post scares me a little

Them postseason stats are a JOKE and I find it laughable they were posted.

Contreras' ERA is 5.73 in the postseason. The Contreras-bandwagon is full of delusional liars apparently.

DID YOU ALL NOT WATCH THE POSTSEASON LAST YEAR? Do you not recall Contreras pitching? He really did a great job for us starting all those games...........oh wait a minute, he didn't make a single start!!! He jsut came in to do mop-up work and he was terrible at it.

He's 0-2 with an ERA of 5.73.....an amazing 11 innings and 7 earned runs. What a stud!!!!

I notice that Loaiza's postseason ERA is 3.86. One start, 7 innings and 3 earned runs.

Would all of you Contreras lovers saying "that's all that matters" about Jose's great stats care to explain yourselves now that the lies being posted here were exposed? You can't take it back now. Esteban's been better in the postseason and actually made a start!! Shouldn't have looked at the stats before you opened your mouths.

You want the real skinny on this trade? Well open your eyes and keep your bias to yoursevles:

Esteban Loaiza is averaging 6 2/3 innings PER start this year. Do you all understand that and what it means for this team? This team, as in the Yankees. What is are major concern right now? The overworked bullpen correct? Esteban seems capable of pitching deep into games on a regular basis. Contreras has NEVER done this.

Now, do you know who is LAST, I repeat LAST IN THE AMERICAN LEAGUE IN INNINGS PER START? That's right, ya boy Jose Contreras who is BARELY averaging 5 innings. Open your eyes people.

This deal wasn't made to get us an ace. We don't have the goods to get that done. This was a deal to give us a guy who gives up less runs than headcase Contreras and pitches DEEPER into games to give our bullpen the much needed rest they deserve to be effective come October. Is that too hard to understand?

5 innings a game and an ERA over 5 isn't worth 32 million dollars. We're rid of Contreras. He was never going to make it here. He was flat out terrified to pitch here.

Loaiza: 140 innings and 45 walks

Contreras 95 innings and 42 walks!

Really, you can't slice it anyway and defend Contreras beyond the same stuff that's been said since day one, "He's got such great stuff and he's turning the corner.....just wait till he get it together........CY YOUNG CY YOUNG" Enough is enough. He didn't work out. We salvaged what we could out of him and got a guy that can give our bullpen some much needed rest.

Very solid move. Enough said.

the way loaiza is pitching, ill take contreras over him any day. suppoesedly, contreras will have the best stuff on our pitching staff. plus the fact that we most likely would have let loaiza walk, lets just wait and see how this deal works out

How could the Yankees not see that Loaiza was only hitting 87 as a high on the gun his last outing? Man, they must have been desparate, and whoever mentioned shades of Sirotka might be slightly right. He could go on the DL for the rest of the season by not disclosing to anyone if he is hurt. Nevertheless, he passed the physical.

Some of the Yankee fans had the same heart felt saddness for Jose leaving as we did for Billy Koch. They would have taken a used rosin bag for the guy. Others believe they got hosed, stil others have the Ohh Goody, print the WS tickets now

This post scares me a little

Them postseason stats are a JOKE and I find it laughable they were posted.

Contreras' ERA is 5.73 in the postseason. The Contreras-bandwagon is full of delusional liars apparently.

DID YOU ALL NOT WATCH THE POSTSEASON LAST YEAR? Do you not recall Contreras pitching? He really did a great job for us starting all those games...........oh wait a minute, he didn't make a single start!!! He jsut came in to do mop-up work and he was terrible at it.

He's 0-2 with an ERA of 5.73.....an amazing 11 innings and 7 earned runs. What a stud!!!!

I notice that Loaiza's postseason ERA is 3.86. One start, 7 innings and 3 earned runs.

Would all of you Contreras lovers saying "that's all that matters" about Jose's great stats care to explain yourselves now that the lies being posted here were exposed? You can't take it back now. Esteban's been better in the postseason and actually made a start!! Shouldn't have looked at the stats before you opened your mouths.

You want the real skinny on this trade? Well open your eyes and keep your bias to yoursevles:

Esteban Loaiza is averaging 6 2/3 innings PER start this year. Do you all understand that and what it means for this team? This team, as in the Yankees. What is are major concern right now? The overworked bullpen correct? Esteban seems capable of pitching deep into games on a regular basis. Contreras has NEVER done this.

Now, do you know who is LAST, I repeat LAST IN THE AMERICAN LEAGUE IN INNINGS PER START? That's right, ya boy Jose Contreras who is BARELY averaging 5 innings. Open your eyes people.

This deal wasn't made to get us an ace. We don't have the goods to get that done. This was a deal to give us a guy who gives up less runs than headcase Contreras and pitches DEEPER into games to give our bullpen the much needed rest they deserve to be effective come October. Is that too hard to understand?

5 innings a game and an ERA over 5 isn't worth 32 million dollars. We're rid of Contreras. He was never going to make it here. He was flat out terrified to pitch here.

Loaiza: 140 innings and 45 walks

Contreras 95 innings and 42 walks!

Really, you can't slice it anyway and defend Contreras beyond the same stuff that's been said since day one, "He's got such great stuff and he's turning the corner.....just wait till he get it together........CY YOUNG CY YOUNG" Enough is enough. He didn't work out. We salvaged what we could out of him and got a guy that can give our bullpen some much needed rest.

Very solid move. Enough said.

This guy is in for a rude awakening. What's Loazia's era the last 2 months?

I can't figure the Yankees view point.

Their pitching staff is weak enough that they had Tanyon Sturtze starting a game in May.

They sure didn't get a guy having a red hot year from us.

so what is tis all about anyway?

I can't figure the Yankees view point.

Their pitching staff is weak enough that they had Tanyon Sturtze starting a game in May.

They sure didn't get a guy having a red hot year from us.

so what is tis all about anyway?

Pitching may be their weakness, but it's gotten them the best record in the AL. They're a game worse than the Cardinals in both the win and loss columns for best record in all of baseball. I can't say I wouldn't mind having their pitching problems.

Pitching may be their weakness, but it's gotten them the best record in the AL.  They're a game worse than the Cardinals in both the win and loss columns for best record in all of baseball.  I can't say I wouldn't mind having their pitching problems.

Hey.. when you score 8+ runs a game and have some of the best hitters in baseball (A-Rod, Sheffield, Jeter etc..) You can have those problems and not be affected by it.

I think Sandy is going to have an absolutely huge influence on Jose, JMHO. I really hope to see Sandy behind the plate tomorrow. Even next year, I hope that if Sandy does retire, he can become a coach. IMHO, he'll be able to get through to Contreras a lot more than Coop will be able to.