Talk about CLUELESS

Winning Ugly

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c...b/misc/gold.htm

According to these momos, the Yankees are among the WINNERS of the trade dealine, and WE are among the LOSERS. In fact, they have us at the top of the list!!!

WINNERS

NEW YORK YANKEES - They couldn't put together a trade to lure Randy Johnson from Arizona to the Bronx, but they did improve their starting rotation by acquiring Esteban Loaiza from the Chicago White Sox for the inconsistent Jose Contreras. Amazingly, it was a last-second deal that went down one minute before the 4 p.m. (et) deadline. Loaiza, who started the All-Star Game last year and made the Mid-Summer Classic again in 2004, is definitely an upgrade. In turn the Yankees rid themselves of a guy who was signed to a $32 million, four-year contract after defecting from Cuba in October 2002. Contreras' ERA is approaching the 6.00 mark.

LOSERS

CHICAGO WHITE SOX - Why would the White Sox trade away a guy who had 21 wins and a 2.90 ERA last season for a pitcher who has $17.3 million left on his contract? The Yankees are only contributing $3 million toward that deal. The White Sox though can take comfort that the Twins didn't make a move to upgrade their pitching at the deadline.

HAVE THEY EVEN BEEN WATCHING LOAIZA PITCH THIS YEAR? OR THE 8 OTHER NON-WINNING YEARS HE HAD??

:stupid

Not only that, but I do believe he also has been wildly inconsistent this year for us. PLUS the fact that he was due to be a free agent at the end of the year and we would have gotten squat for him. He was only at the All Star game obviously for Torre to shmooze, or so it seems. We have better players, but for some odd reason they chose to take him for the All Star game.

They’re judging his 9-5 record and him having to go to the All-Star in two consecutive years. Though they should really look at him pitch. Loaiza can definitely go deep into games, but he’s allowed more hits than innings pitched, which IMO is not good. Contreras is almost a like. I believe he’s pitched in 94 innings and has allowed 92 hits.

I think Loaiza should be a good fit for the Yankees, though - hear me out. They're looking at him to be there number five, give them some good innings. We were looking at him to be our number two for a big part of the year (pre-Garcia). For example; last week vs. Minny, 6 IP, 4 ER. Not very good for a number three - very good for a number five.

I dunno how he'll do in New York, but I certainly wish him the best! :cheers

Contreras should be better with the Sox...not as much pressure. Cashman is going to regret getting Loaiza...He's supposed to pretty much take the place of Mussina and/or brown until they get healthy...yeah, good luck with that. :bang

Contreras should be better with the Sox...not as much pressure.  Cashman is going to regret getting Loaiza...He's supposed to pretty much take the place of Mussina and/or brown until they get healthy...yeah, good luck with that. :bang

He is suppose to take the place of contreras.

The numerous members of the Yankee contingent at the All Star game were all over Loaiza, telling him how much they wanted him in NY. Even Stottlemeyer told him that. In fact, I think that was the reason Torre selected Loaiza over Buehrle. They wanted to recruit him. Well, they got him and I hope they choke on it.

The numerous members of the Yankee contingent at the All Star game were all over Loaiza, telling him how much they wanted him in NY.  Even Stottlemeyer told him that.  In fact, I think that was the reason Torre selected Loaiza over Buehrle. They wanted to recruit him. Well, they got him and I hope they choke on it.

Isn't that Tampering?

...In fact, I think that was the reason Torre selected Loaiza over Buehrle. They wanted to recruit him. Well, they got him and I hope they choke on it.

Torre "selected" Loaiza over Buehrle? He can "select" all he wants, he wouldn't have gotten Buehrle for Contreras even if they threw in Proctor.

Where did you hear that he "selected" E-Lo over Buehrle?

Torre "selected" Loaiza over Buehrle? He can "select" all he wants, he wouldn't have gotten Buehrle for Contreras even if they threw in Proctor.

Where did you hear that he "selected" E-Lo over Buehrle?

for the all star game. selected for the all star game.