Se il mio amor a tutta la mia vita

cwsox

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the name means If my amor to all my life something like that... :ph34r:

haha, you babelfished it too. i was trying to save us from further embarassment, but what they gave me didn't make sense. maybe something like "i give you my love for all of my life" i dunno im done with it.

haha, you babelfished it too.  i was trying to save us from further embarassment, but what they gave me didn't make sense.  maybe something like "i give you my love for all of my life" i dunno im done with it.

:lol:

cw was my favorite poster on this site... He was a great guy, he would always tell me how he enjoyed reading my posts, well I really enjoyed having him here and appreciated the kind words that he said to me during that time... I talked to him off the boards a few times and he is a great guy who I am going to miss on the boards now.. I dont know the whole situation but I wish that he wasnt leaving because he was a great poster and an awesome person.. I hope maybe one day he will come back because I know I am gonna miss not having him around..

CW, I hope this isn't the last time we ever see you post here. I understand it's going to be and would be a difficult thing to come back here. However, I never had a problem with you; you were a great poster and I really liked the way you could lift our spirits with a light post after a Sox loss or what not. If you don't come back, take care CW. :cheers

I want to say a few things. I've kept most things private or at least think I have. I also want to say, the only people I really talked to on PM area thus far were mods (Both Tex and Jim), plus I've talked with a few posters. The responses I give the posters are a lot more vague, because frankly, I think this stuff belongs in a private area and I've done my best to respect that.

However in this instance, and rightfully so (I told you, you could post and I wasn't kidding and its good to have you post, even if it is a goodbye, because I Think you need to be heard from).

I also want to say this. I emailed you once, right as I made the move. I had originally planned on talking with you prior to doing it, but with the whole not seeing you at the game as originally planned on Sunday, I figured something was up (I talked to you tonight and I now know you had other plans since the game was so late). Then I go on to find out that pm's were sent talking about some take-over roughly. I don't really know what take-over that is being referred. I've long been the top person, however, I look towards all of the other admins for advice and numerous times they do a lot more stuff then I ever do, especially recently. Then about a week and a half ago, maybe even two weeks ago, I got back a little of my fire and saw some changes that had to be made and was going to act on them.

The reasons you were removed have roughly been posted by Spiff. Now the comments you made in this post, there are a few I want to clear up.

A....I never communicated with you. That is not true, I emailed you first right as I was doing the de-admining (maybe that wasn't enough notice, I don't know, thats for whoever to decide). Then I emailed you again yesterday going in more detail. I would of done it earlier, but the board crashed (my own mistake) and then I had a dental visit the next day along with school and was in no mood to write the email, but finally I did later in the night. When I signed on this morning, my email had a return from sender (I think your email must of been full or something) so I resent it during the middle of the afternoon, which you received. So for the record, I did communicate.

B....You refer to a coup d’etats being referenced in the sig. I guess I'll make this out for everyone to see, even though I never planned on it. That was a joke between 2k, and Heads (Alex) in reference to ME, not you. Since some may not of understood it, let me tell the story. I was planning on stepping down as the head guy at Soxtalk and was going to leave the rest of the admins in charge. I made a post about it on the admin board. I wanted to focus more on the minor league stuff and since I was planning on spending time away from the stie, I didn't want people waiting for me to make a call, since I wouldn't be following near as many threads. Well, after working so hard on that server upgrade, I realized, I couldn't just give up Soxtalk persay (I would of still been an admin, but no longer would the major decisions of gone through me). I'm hear, running the site, their hasn't been a regime change. Heads and 2k, jokingly put up that reference to me, with their plan to overthrow the site while I was gone at the tailgate. Does anyone remember the board being overthrown then???? ;) It was simply a joke and if anyone knows Heads and I, and I think some people saw a few of our threads, we mess around a lot with thigns like that. Mike, 2k and I also do it from time to time. Just reference the sarcastic (although I for one think the green should be removed, lol) club he's created about me never doing an upgrade by myself again.

C...I didn't remove you because you edited em, me whatever. The two threads I am referring to, were threads in which posters questions whether something was edited. Now the database doesn't tell me what exactly you changed, but I do remember both times you vehemently denied doing such, but the coding says otherwise.

D....If we want to refer to the Insiders.com, I'll be the first to tell you I was an idiot about the whole thing. I had never run a business, nor did I know much about law at the time. You were very helpful during that time as you have been at other times. Their was never a me, pushing you out the door. I'm not going to speak for other admins, but as the person calling the final shots, it being you made it so difficult to do, because you've been an admin for so long, been a part of Soxtalk for so long.

E....Lets say we want to talk about banning people. I know its been referenced a few times, that without you, people are essentially going to be banned. I will first say, I'm not basing this off something you posted per say, but I'm reading between the lines of the post and referring to a few things I've heard from people who have talked to you. The only name I have to bring up is Brando. While I know damn well a lot of people didn't like him as a poster, I always (whether I was right or wrong, I dunno) stuck with him and wouldn't ban him. He was suspended for making innapropriate remarks and personally attacking people for way too long. But when the issue arose in regards to him creating numerous fake names to dodge his suspension, that was the final draw.

F..."The soxtalk vision has been lost with the rise of the petty cliques and in groups amongst a few admins and others".

You mean the vision that I, the posters, the other admins, mods adn everyone else has been basically doing since day one. Their is no one person that makes Soxtalk what it is. I may of created it, but that don't mean jack. Without all the awesome posters and personalities this site would suck. How has the site lost its vision. I do see some snipping, especially with the season coming to such a bad end, but I don't see many cliques. Sure I guess you could call the Soxtalk Poker Tourney a click, caus the same people play in that, but its open to everyone. I was an outsider and joined in on the tourney and its a real blast. I knew some of the people in it from talking on AIM and what not, but everyone has that opportunity. Ever since Soxtalk has been created, I can't think of once, where I ever refused to talk to someone or acted all cliquey. I may have a more sarcastic tone to some people rather then others, but it has nothing to do with a clique, I just happen to know more about that person and there is nothing wrong with that. At the same time I will never stop welcoming new posters and ever let the site come to the point where new posters aren't welcome or don't feel comfortable. That aspect has nothing to do with the site either, it has to do with the posters, who all go out and do a great job to make people feel comfortable.

I don't know how much else I could say.

CW,

As far as messing up one of your posts, I apologized immediatly, publically and privately. Dig up the thread and look. I felt terrible then and now. It was a careless mistake on my part, one I thought you had accepted my appology for. It was not malicious.

This bothered me so much I went and researched here's the thread, the post in question is on page three, it even shows my edited date. link

I have stated to ChiSoxfn on several occassions that mods and admins should be on a 6-month term limits. Except guys like Kap who have unique technical skills to keep the board running. IMHO volunteers should always be rotated. It isn't fair to the organization to appoint people for life like Supreme Court Justices and it isn't fair to the person to be wedded to a volunteer position.

So I will say it publically. I would not mind stepping down as a mod. If the messages are stored somewhere I would pull it up and show you that prior to Queen and Jim being added, I requested to step down. I truely do not see this as a big deal. I have a lot of other things in my life to fill any sort of craving for recognition that being a mod may bring.

For what it is worth, I've also suggested a guest mod program so that more people can have the opportinity to be moderators. Perhaps then they will see it is no big deal.

Edited by Texsox

I would also be happy to do a rotating Mod thing, and be more than happy to step aside as well. It's not a tough gig, it's fun, and most of us are on the site fairly regularly at any rate. but Tex is right, you fell compelled to follow threads more closely as a Mod to make sure things aren't getting out of hand and it would be better perhaps to share that duty. There are certainly lots of people here that are more than capable of it.

My enjoyment of the site comes from reading and contributing to the threads, and I can do that with or without the extra doodads on my control panel.

Current issues and all of us not seeing eye-to-eye on things aside, this is a GREAT site with a great big - if sometimes dysfunctional - community (we put the 'fun' in dysfunctional?). That is precisely why people get emotional about it.