Spidale

jeremyb

Quietely enjoying a semi-breakout season. We know he has the glove and wheels to start in the majors. Decent eye from what I gather.

Can someone who's seen him play on regular basis testify as to whether or not he possesses sufficient batspeed or hand-eye coordination to be a good top-of-the-order guy in the bigs? Thanks.

Quietely enjoying a semi-breakout season.    We know he has the glove and wheels to start in the majors. Decent eye from what I gather.   

Can someone who's seen him play on regular basis testify as to whether or not he possesses sufficient batspeed or hand-eye coordination to be a good top-of-the-order guy in the bigs? Thanks.

Not trying to be an ass, but I have done so many times already..... search through some recent threads for your answer.

The short of it is that I think he will eventually be a reserve OF in the bigs rather than a starter.

Not trying to be an ass, but I have done so many times already..... search through some recent threads for your answer.

Not trying to be an ass myself, Rex, but we had a pretty good Spidale thread last week and it got eliminated by the "accidental" ;) deletion of everything since August 3...including my existence (I had made it all the way to Great Falls! :D )

Anyway, Jeremy, the consensus was that Spidale barely has the arm to play leftfield, had a breakout year this year, is average age for the Southern League (22), was the Barons' MVP this year, and generally gets on base and is a team player.

We'll see him and Brian Anderson in Charlotte next year.

• 2 weeks later...
Does he profile more as a Center Fielder or a Left Fielder?  He played Center mainly before Anderson came up, didn't he?

He has played mostly LF. He can play CF defensively, but his arm would likely keep him from playing it in the Majors........

CAN He bunt, steal a base and draw a walk?

yes, yes and yes....... good in all of those areas!

PLAYER AVG SLG OBP G AB R H TB 2B 3B HR RBI SF SH HP BB IB SO SB CS DP

Spidale, Michael .306 .434 .393 126 484 87 148 210 27 7 7 47 5 10 12 61 1 72 26 15 4

He has played mostly LF.  He can play CF defensively, but his arm would likely keep him from playing it in the Majors........

yes, yes and yes.......  good in all of those areas!

PLAYER          AVG SLG  OBP G  AB R H  TB  2B 3B HR RBI SF SH HP  BB IB  SO  SB CS DP

Spidale, Michael  .306  .434 .393 126 484  87 148 210  27  7  7  47  5 10 12  61  1  72  26 15  4

Damn they should trade his ass then!! :lol:

Sox dig the long ball.. ;)

He has played mostly LF.  He can play CF defensively, but his arm would likely keep him from playing it in the Majors........

yes, yes and yes.......  good in all of those areas!

PLAYER          AVG SLG  OBP G  AB R H  TB  2B 3B HR RBI SF SH HP  BB IB  SO  SB CS DP

Spidale, Michael  .306  .434 .393 126 484  87 148 210  27  7  7  47  5 10 12  61  1  72  26 15  4

I don't know about past years but he has got caught stealing quite a few times this year. If he usually gets caught this often he needs to either vastly improve or stop running.

I don't know about past years but he has got caught stealing quite a few times this year. If he usually gets caught this often he needs to either vastly improve or stop running.

I wouldn't sweat it....... he is not a 30 SB guy in the bigs, so he will run more selectively then. At times, this Barons team has really struggled hitting, so running aggressively was necessary just to try and create runs.