Sox Fans NFL Pix thread

Cali

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gash was asking me about that the other day.

The domain name expires I believe tomorrow. If anything it would be easier to just do it here on the board in my opinion. I haven't talked with Spiff about doing it, I did it last year for him because school takes up a lot of his time.

Couple things I forgot to mention for people who might be new to this, or to review for people who aren't.

Games are straight-up, no point spreads. You'd think this would make it too easy, but not really. Picking a correct upset helps you a great deal.

All picks have to be in by the kickoff of the first game (usually 1pm eastern). The only exception is Thursday games. You can pick just the Thursday games (before kickoff of the first one, of course), and then pick the rest of the games before kickoff on Sunday. We make this exception because people are busy during the week and don't always have time to put thought into 16 picks.

All thursday, saturday, and sunday (1:00 & 4:00) games are worth 1 point. Sunday night game is worth 2, Monday night is worth 3. This might seem like an unfair swing, but it makes it more interesting, the monday night game is rarely meaningless (like it was the first year when we didn't use the point system).

And also, be patient. We're only human and we have stuff to do outside of this. We try to get stuff like picks and standings up as soon as possible. Picks are almost always completely up before the week's action starts. Standings take a bit longer, but are usually up by thursday.

That said, :bringit