9/2 games

MnSoxFan

Kanny loses 2-0. http://milb.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnfor...px?GAMEID=12127

6 inning 1-hitter for Tracey, offense from Rogo, Fields and Sweeney. Nice relief for Fabio. http://milb.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnfor...px?GAMEID=11878

Charlotte loses 1st game of DH 3-2

http://milb.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnfor...px?GAMEID=14772

I'm very pleased with the play of Fields and Sweeney at Winston-Salem. Both have seemed to settle into a nice groove, after both struggled a bit early. How is Fields doing power-wise? I'm not that worried if he isn't hitting a lot of homers, but wasn't he slated as the best power hitter in this draft?

One more thing, off topic - IIRC, the Cincy Reds drafted BJ Syzmanski (sp?). I'm just wondering, how's he doing? Or is he unsigned?

I'm very pleased with the play of Fields and Sweeney at Winston-Salem.  Both have seemed to settle into a nice groove, after both struggled a bit early.  How is Fields doing power-wise?  I'm not that worried if he isn't hitting a lot of homers, but wasn't he slated as the best power hitter in this draft?

One more thing, off topic - IIRC, the Cincy Reds drafted BJ Syzmanski (sp?).  I'm just wondering, how's he doing?  Or is he unsigned?

BJ has been doing really good if I recall. I remember looking him up a couple weeks ago and seeing that. He hasn't played too much though.

Another two guys doing well are Jason Vargas (it was reported the Sox had interest in him) and JP Howell. I liked both of them quite a bit.

Thats awesome, I like Orionny although I doubt he'll make it as a starter. He's got a sweet curve though. Also, Wunsch threw anothe two innings. He's getting it back together and should be a decent fit on some teams pen.

Hopefully Munoz can pitch good during September, cause its obvious he's auditioning for a job out of the pen next year, imo.

Not to stray too far off topic but a kid I really liked at draft time, Billy Butler, is doing very well for KC. He's 18 and is playing at high rookie ball and is hitting .374 with 9 homers and 63 rbi's with an OBP of 487. He has the 63 rbi's in 69 games. He should be there 1B or LF of their future.

Not to stray too far off topic but a kid I really liked at draft time, Billy Butler, is doing very well for KC. He's 18 and is playing at high rookie ball and is hitting .374 with 9 homers and 63 rbi's with an OBP of 487. He has the 63 rbi's in 69 games. He should be there 1B or LF of their future.

Most ppl thought he was a reach at 14 for the Queens, simply because he was easy to sign, stats so far prove that might not be the case however. :o

Most ppl thought he was a reach at 14 for the Queens, simply because he was easy to sign, stats so far prove that might not be the case however.

I thought those people were nuts too :D , he didn't have any hitting weaknesses in any scouting report. He also has a great arm if I'm remembering right. They also said he let the ball get farther back when hitting than anyone in the draft and I loved that.

BJ has been doing really good if I recall.  I remember looking him up a couple weeks ago and seeing that.  He hasn't played too much though.

Another two guys doing well are Jason Vargas (it was reported the Sox had interest in him) and JP Howell.  I liked both of them quite a bit.

Oh yeah - Howell, the kid from Texas, right? A little on the shorter side, but he's got a real nice curveball.

I was so pissed when he went off the board to (KC, isn't it?) right at the beginning of the Comp A round. Then again, we grabbed a younger kid with just about as good of a curveball. Oh well, still would have been nice to grab both Howell and Gio in the comp round...

BJ has been doing really good if I recall.  I remember looking him up a couple weeks ago and seeing that.  He hasn't played too much though.

Another two guys doing well are Jason Vargas (it was reported the Sox had interest in him) and JP Howell.  I liked both of them quite a bit.

Vargas has been really good so far. IIRC, he threw a 7 inning no-hitter just recently.