Tuesday's Game

clujer420

Bottom 7, Sox trailing it 6-4

- Graffanino (1st AB) leads off by striking out

- Miles (1-3; single, run, RBI) lines one to LF for a basehit

- Olivo (1st AB) chops one to SS, throw to 2nd for one, on to first...SAFE...Olivo at 1st with 2 out

- Daubach (1st AB) hits shot down the RF line. Olivo coming home...SAFE...RBI double for Daubach!!! Clutch for the 2nd day in a row for BD. 6-5 Royals, tying run at 2nd

- Rios (1st AB) hits chopper up the middle, it's fielded, Rios retired

2 hits, 1 run, 1 left

End 7, Sox cut the defecit to just 1. Royals lead it 6-5

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 8

Jon Rauch in for his 3rd inning of work. So far he's given up just 1 hit and he's walked a batter

- Johnson grounds to deep short. Graffy one-hops Daubach, he digs it...OUT. Nice play all around. 1 down

- Murphy pops out to Miles

I just thought of the Rockies 3B that got a ridiculous contract after having a good season. It was Vinny Castilla when he hit like 40 HR with 110 RBI in the final year of his contract with the Rockies, then the Devil Rays (I think it was them) gave him a huge contract. I couldn't remember that in a thread the other day. :)

- Some guy hits a blooper for a 2-out hit

- Relaford walks

- Patterson grounds it past Daubach. 2 runs score on a triple. f***. 8-5 Royals. All the damage done with 2 outs

Adkins, Almonte, Hummell, Munoz were all sent to AAA today.

Nunez, Sanders, Valenzuela were reassigned to the minors

- Next guy flies out to end the inning

2 hits, 2 runs, 1 walk, 1 left

Through 7 1/2, Royals lead it 8-5

Clujer....just curious....who are the commentators today?

The usual Sox guys on ESPN -- Ed Farmer and John Rooney

Well....either they've been using soxfan420's bong or Borchard is really fast.

I guess that's what happens though when you are a star QB at Stanford....you gotta be fast.

Bottom 8

- Konerko (1-3; single, groundout, k) rolls one down to 3b for the first out

- Borchard (0-2; ROE, GIDP, walk) goes down on strikes

- Burke (1st AB) fists one to 3rd for the 3rd out

1-2-3 go the Sox

We're down 8-5 going to the 9th

Good work Clujer, will you be doing regular season games too? HAHA

Does anybody knows Frank's stats this ST? Very interested. :)

I might do regular season games. Don't know how often, but I'll do it as much as I can. I work nights, and since the Sox normally play at around 5 PM PST during the season, I can probably do most games.

Frank came into today at just under .300 with 3 HR and like 8 RBI. Since he's 2-3 today, he's up over .300 (probably around .310), and he's still got 3 HR, but 9 RBI now. Not too shabby, since Frank is usually a slow starter.

I might do regular season games. Don't know how often, but I'll do it as much as I can. I work nights, and since the Sox normally play at around 5 PM PST during the season, I can probably do most games.

Frank came into today at just under .300 with 3 HR and like 8 RBI. Since he's 2-3 today, he's up over .300 (probably around .310), and he's still got 3 HR, but 9 RBI now. Not too shabby, since Frank is usually a slow starter.

There are all sorts of sites who do live game updates during the regular season. You can find all the stats for spring training on MLB.com

Top 9

Rauch still in for his 4th inning of work

- Lead-off guy flies out to Rowand. 1 down

- Next guy flies out to Rowand. 2 away

- Curve ball killed over the bullpen in RF. 9-5 Royals

- Walk

- Walk

- Grounder to Miles to finally retire the side

1 run, 1 hit, 2 walks, 2 left

We're in trouble, down by 4 with 3 outs left

There are all sorts of sites who do live game updates during the regular season. You can find all the stats for spring training on MLB.com

Yes, that is true.

My services will really not be needed in the regular season. But, we'll see what happens. ;)

Yes, that is true.

My services will really not be needed in the regular season. But, we'll see what happens. ;)

Your services are greatly appreciated any time of the year. I'll take your updates over any other then watching it on tv or going to the game. You actually get to hear whats going on and such.

During the season, I'll try to post some updates for those that can't watch the games. I watch most of them since I got the MLB package, other then the stupid ass blackout dates.

Yes, that is true.

Your services are greatly appreciated any time of the year. I'll take your updates over any other then watching it on tv or going to the game. You actually get to hear whats going on and such.

During the season, I'll try to post some updates for those that can't watch the games. I watch most of them since I got the MLB package, other then the stupid ass blackout dates.

Hey on those blackout days you should get your ass out to the ballpark. :lol:

Bottom 9

- Rowand (1-3; double) grounds out. 1 out

- Graffanino (0-1; k) stares at a curve for strike 3. 2 away

Sox down to their final bullet

- Miles (2-4; 2 singles, run, RBI) bounces out to 1st to end the game

Sox lose 9-5

Pitching wasn't very good today. Too many hits given up by Garland, and too many walks by Rauch. Our offense was OK, but nothing spectacular.

Stats forth-coming

Hitting stats

Miles (2-5; 2 singles, run, RBI)

Valentin (1-3; single, run)

Thomas (2-3; 2 singles, RBI)

Magglio (1-3; double, run)

Konerko (1-4; single)

Borchard (0-3; bb)

Crede (1-3; single, RBI)

Rowand (1-4; double)

Alomar (0-2)

Graffanino (0-2)

Olivo (0-1; run)

Daubach (1-1; double, RBI)

Rios (0-1)

Burke (0-1)

Pitching stats

Garland 5 IP, 9 hits, 6 runs (5 earned), 6 strikeouts, 0 walks

Rauch 4 IP, 4 hits, 3 ER, 0 strikeouts, 4 walks

Like I said, pitching wasn't very good overall. Garland looked good at times, but got away from pitching inside and got rocked from the 3rd inning on. Rauch did well early in innings, but struggled to get the 3rd out in seemingly every inning.

Sox are now 12-8-1 so far this Spring. Still not too bad.

Better luck tomorrow.

:bringit

aaron miles still making it tough on jerry... ;)

I believe Miles had an error or 2 today. With such a longshot of making the team Miles has to do everything right and especially play solid D.

He made 1 error, yes. It did lead to an unearned run.

I believe Miles had an error or 2 today. With such a longshot of making the team Miles has to do everything right and especially play solid D.

He made 1 error, yes. It did lead to an unearned run.

But also 2 hits

Heres a not so pretty pic of Miles

2zW4JmEc.jpg

He's played solid D all spring....and he's fighting for the 5th bench spot. He's basically battling against, IMO, just 2 guys, being Burke and Paul....and Paul has basically killed himself.

In the top of the third, Miles was backing up the play where Alomar slipped and threw the ball past Thomas. How many times do you hear of a second baseman actually being where he is supposed to be on that play. I like this kid.

In the top of the third, Miles was backing up the play where Alomar slipped and threw the ball past Thomas.  How many times do you hear of a second baseman actually being where he is supposed to be on that play.  I like this kid.

My thoughts exactly... when i read that i was thinking... damn had K-ray been here that would have been magglios ball...

In the top of the third, Miles was backing up the play where Alomar slipped and threw the ball past Thomas.  How many times do you hear of a second baseman actually being where he is supposed to be on that play.  I like this kid.

I didn't hear the game but if Miles did that as you say, then gotta love him - you are right about how seldom that play is backed up and that means Miles knows how the game is played, and acts accordingly. That makes me a lot more pro Miles.