doing an essay

CubsSuck1

Well; you can mention the fact that the Cubs haven't back to back winning seasons in the past whatever years, I think its like 26 yrs at or so.

Or the fact that they have like 5 winning seasons the past 30 yrs or something like that.

Or you could do one on this current team and compare players with the Cubs current team.

An essay about how one baseball team is better than another? You're kidding right?

What are you, in 3rd grade?

Anyway, you should put that recent quote by Todd Hundley in there somewhere. The one about "as long as Sammy hits 2 HR and they're drunk, everyone is happy in Wrigleyville."

haha I had to do this freshman year. It was actually more of a debate. Anyways the one killing factor is the main factor.

Think simple. What makes a team better than another?

Simple. When they play eachother.

I'm not sure of the exact stat, but the Sox have beaten the Cubs in interleague play overall, plus beat them in the world series. Hope that helped. I smell an A+!

haha I had to do this freshman year. It was actually more of a debate. Anyways the one killing factor is the main factor.

Think simple. What makes a team better than another?

Simple. When they play eachother.

I'm not sure of the exact stat, but the Sox have beaten the Cubs in interleague play overall, plus beat them in the world series. Hope that helped. I smell an A+!

Freshman year of...high school?

For what class? PE?

Guest hotsoxchick1

you may also want to add that in 1906 we kicked their asses in the world series......we lead the cross town series by 1 game so far.......we had shamme before they did.....as well as harry cary..........how about the fact that sox fans are potty trained............and we dont worry about a goat curse..........that should get you started.....lol...........

you may also want to add that in 1906 we kicked their asses in the world series......we lead the cross town series by 1 game so far.......we had shamme before they did.....as well as harry cary..........how about the fact that sox fans are potty trained............and we dont worry about a goat curse..........that should get you started.....lol...........

ROTFLMAO!

I like your approach. If I was wriing that essay, that's the way I'd go. LOL

we lead the cross town series by 1 game so far

Actually, I think it's 2 games ;)

Seventh-Inning stretch started at Old Comiskey

Like HSC said, the Sox had Harry Carey first

White Sox ex-owner Bill Veeck planted the ivy at the Urinal

Some Cubs fans storm the field to beat up CUBS players

First recorded "curtain-call" was at Old Comiskey Park

Notice the White Sox bloodline in alot of so-called "Cub" traditions :headbang

Also, you could put in your paper that the only "Cub" tradition that they're responsible for is a 2-toothed, homeless, crackhead in Ronnie "Woo-Woo" Wickers. They're welcome to taking credit for that tradition.

They can also have the tradition of the billy goat curse.  :D

WTF is the billy goat curse?

Back in the early 1900's... some guy bought a ticket for, and tried to bring into Wrigley, a billy goat. The Cubs wouldn't not allow the goat to enter the stadium. The guy put a curse on the Cubs and they haven't been to the World Series since.

Back in the early 1900's... some guy bought a ticket for, and tried to bring into Wrigley, a billy goat. The Cubs wouldn't not allow the goat to enter the stadium. The guy put a curse on the Cubs and they haven't been to the World Series since.

Sam Sianis..... the owner of the BillyGoat Tavern in downtown Chicago..... was the man in question..... Or maybe it was his father. Either way, the connection is there.

Sam Sianis..... the owner of the BillyGoat Tavern in downtown Chicago..... was the man in question..... Or maybe it was his father. Either way, the connection is there.

cool thats an intresting bit of triia...

Guest hotsoxchick1

i believe it was his pops there killa...........and if you go into the billy goat tavern there is a nice 8-10 glossy of them both.. the man and the goat....hanging on the wall above the cash register........they tried to get rid of the curse a few years back by letting the current goat into the park but you see where that got them lol...... :headbang

i believe it was his pops there killa...........and if you go into the billy goat tavern there is a nice 8-10 glossy of them both.. the man and the goat....hanging on the wall above the cash register........they tried to get rid of the curse a few years back by letting the current goat into the park but you see where that got them lol...... :headbang

Check your e-mail. I need to ask you something!

It wasn't just some guy with a Billy Goat, it was the owner of the Billy Goat cheeseburger place, you know the place that was in the old snl skit with the polish guy saying cheesebuhga...cheesebuhga...cheesebuhga

The fact that the curse is derived from a great burger joint adds to the lure of the curse, if you haven't been to the Billy Goat I recommend you go, I haven't been back to the billy goat since I moved to NJ, and I don't remember where they are (I think there is 2 of them) maybe someone on the boards knows

Guest hotsoxchick1
It wasn't just some guy with a Billy Goat, it was the owner of the Billy Goat cheeseburger place, you know the place that was in the old snl skit with the polish guy saying cheesebuhga...cheesebuhga...cheesebuhga

Actually, he was Greek :D

and he posts here under the name ncorgbl.... sheep and greek thats him........lol :D

And if we're talking about curses on the Cubs with other animals....was it 1969 when the Cubs were up by a large amount of games when a black cat ran in front of their dugout...and they then lost the division and the Mets eventually went on to win the Series....I know it was something like that.

And if we're talking about curses on the Cubs with other animals....was it 1969 when the Cubs were up by a large amount of games when a black cat ran in front of their dugout...and they then lost the division and the Mets eventually went on to win the Series....I know it was something like that.

I heard something like that....I guess that in 69, the Cubs were f***ed.