Sept 20th Game thread vs MN

southsider2k5

The sox manage to give up homeruns to the worst player on every team....Omar Infante, Gary Mathews Jr, Julio Lugo, just add Henry Blanco to the list of horrible players taking the sox yard....(and isnt that Blanco's third or fourth against us?)

I'm not sure but I know he basically had the dagger with his homer in the july 26th game, which basically started the end of our season.

The sox manage to give up homeruns to the worst player on every team....Omar Infante, Gary Mathews Jr, Julio Lugo, just add Henry Blanco to the list of horrible players taking the sox yard....(and isnt that Blanco's third or fourth against us?)

Don't forget to add Matt Stairs to that list.....

This is embarassing. Does anybody still think the Sox are remotely close to playoff worthy? They're going to need a lot more than a tweak or two to play .500 ball next year let alone contend for a division. I know they've been out of the running for quite a while but the way they lie down like a beaten dog for these Twins is downright depressing. I think Ozzie has totally lost the team in a way that Manuel as lousy as he was, never even approached.

Not to sound cynical, but tonight is the perfect example of why Willie is not a good hitter.  A weak infield pop up, a groundball to second, and a strikeout looking.  Exemplifies Willie's struggles this year.

He needs to find some damn consistency.

Buehrle's at 110 pitches, and Ozzie keeps him in to start the 9th to give up a homer. When is he going to learn? I'm sorry if some people are sick of hearing this complaint (can it Tony), but it's just ridiculous managing. There's no reason to risk it. Ozzie has been the biggest disappointment on the Sox this year, not Crede or anyone else.

Buehrle's at 110 pitches, and Ozzie keeps him in to start the 9th to give up a homer.  When is he going to learn?  I'm sorry if some people are sick of hearing this complaint (can it Tony), but it's just ridiculous managing.  There's no reason to risk it.  Ozzie has been the biggest disappointment on the Sox this year, not Crede or anyone else.

No, you have a legitimate complaint. Does Ozzie not realize Buehrle and Garcia (who pitched well over 100 yesterday) are essential components of our future? What exactly is he doing by pushing our starters to pitch counts routinely touched by Dusty Baker? Winning is FUNG, sure, but I rather have seen Bajenaru or another reliever out earlier in this game.

Sox are one inning away from ending this putrid seasons playoff hopes. Officially atleast. Now maybe Ozzie can impose a strict 100 pitch limit on his starters the remainder of this season.

Watch 'em, boys.  Sit your asses on the bench, and let it all soak in.  Justy watch 'em celebrate, and remember...  Remember how it feels...

Why am I at home watching them celebrate and letting it soak in?? I just made myself feel much worse, even though the season was over a while ago that just hurt to see anyways.

Buehrle's at 110 pitches, and Ozzie keeps him in to start the 9th to give up a homer.  When is he going to learn?  I'm sorry if some people are sick of hearing this complaint (can it Tony), but it's just ridiculous managing.  There's no reason to risk it.  Ozzie has been the biggest disappointment on the Sox this year, not Crede or anyone else.

Last nite I gave you a hard time about Garcia's pitch count. Tonite I completely agree with you. No reason to extend Buerhle in this game. He gutted it out, the game was not winnable. He shouldn't have been out there. The thing is the total situation and the individual pitcher and game should be taken into consideration. Not just the pitch count. But again, tonite I'm with you. Bad move by Ozzie.

It's hard to not be a cynical prick this time of year.

All we do is lose any game against a reasonable foe.

I really can't believe this second half of the season.

Just think if we keep playing like this to start next year.

We could be out of it in early May.