King Carl

winninguglyin83

Definitely would rather have that 4 million dollars free to go after other players. Everett in RF goes against every speed/defense idea that Ozzie and KW have. I guess this means that Borchard will get traded in the offseason, cause he's getting too old to be in the minors if they expect him to ever contribute in the majors. This whole Everett thing illustrates how KW has no consistent plan with this organization.

USA Today Baseball weekly also reports that King Carl Everett is going to exercise his $4 million option and return to the Sox.

Says he promises to come back in better shape next season.

guess that means 10 pounds overweight instead of 20

:puke

That just about fills up the outfield. Only one more small matter of Maggs to get out of the way.

If, and that's a BIG if, we re-sign Maggs, that'll leave us with an outfield of:

CLee

Rowand

Timo

Borchard

Maggs

Everett

Someone, or two, have to go. Maybe we can trade King Jurassic and Borch for a bag o' balls and $3.68 in cash. Unless, we trade CLee.......

The thing is, if we plan on playing Everett in the OF, then there's no way we can play Timo out there also. The defense would be just too poor with those two out there in terms of range. Even when Everett has been in shape, his outfield defense was just real bad. I hope KW knows what he's doing!

I know this may seem far-fetched. But maybe KW sees Carl as an op to pick up someone to bolster the bullpen. Last year, he could've signed Carl and let someone possibly trade something for Carl, instead he got picked up to a contract. Maybe he thinks this is a way for us to pick at least something up in return

If, and that's a BIG if, we re-sign  Maggs, that'll leave us with an outfield of:

CLee

Rowand

Timo

Borchard

Maggs

Everett

Someone, or two, have to go.  Maybe we can trade King Jurassic and Borch for a bag o' balls and $3.68 in cash.  Unless, we trade CLee.......

I doubt Maggs is coming back. I am having serious doubts that he comes back with anyone. This injury seems to be more career threatening than it does anything else. The injury is not improving as quickly as they had hoped and he may not even be ready at the start of next season. Who is to say he will ever play again? This injury is not normal.

Even though Sox fans will complain, the best thing the organization could do is forget about Ordonez in their plans. No way can the Sox afford a 10 million dollar question mark when there are so many other holes they need to fill. Also, it kind of irks me when I see that KW is upset that they didnt have a contract in place so that they could just worry about his health. I know KW needs to say the right things in the press, but I'm thankful that they don't have Ordonez signed to any big long-term deals. It seems like this injury is the beginning of the end for his career.

Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20. I mean, I wanted them to figure out a way to sign Maggs where both parties would be happy. But, then he got injured. If we would have signed him to the big contract than we would all be up in arms over how we are wasting all of this money with a player that may never play again.

Even if Maggs isn't here, we still have Lee, Timo, Borchard, Rowand, Everett and if they are as good as it seems, Anderson and Sweeney.

Plus Beltran, of course. ;)

What about Escobar? :huh Is this guy in the plans?  Or is his injury going to keep him out next year, too.  Otherwise, it will be very crowded out there will Everett, Lee, Perez, Blowchard, Rowand, Escobar.

He will be a fifth maybe fourth outfielder nothing more next year.

What about Escobar? :huh Is this guy in the plans?  Or is his injury going to keep him out next year, too.  Otherwise, it will be very crowded out there will Everett, Lee, Perez, Blowchard, Rowand, Escobar.

Escobar should be ahead of Joe B. I think he should be ready for '05.

Does anyone know Timo's contract status?